Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A different type of Mock

Guys I wanted to make a different type of off season mock. We know Griggs and Pags are tied at the hip and there should be more compromise going forth. I'm going to propose  a few free agent signings and you can put together the draft to complete and make this a good off season.

Goal is to get younger while fielding a team that can win the division.

Kelvin Beachum RT (Steelers) 26 years-old 
5/32 million
He is the LT for the Steelers he is coming off of a injury so we get our RT at a discounted rate. I think we can steal him away from the Steelers.

Morris Claiborne CB (Cowboys) 25 years old 
3/18 million 
He is a former high draft pick who is just now showing some potential. Chuck did wonders with Vonte if he can work his magic again we can have a dynamic duo.

Reggie Bush RB (49ers) 30 years old  
1/1.5 million
He is coming off of a injury so this is a prove it deal. Hopefully he comes in and provide a spark similar to when he played in Detroit. He can provide a nice check down option for Luck.

Nick Perry OLB (Packers) 25 years old 
3/20 million 
We use the money on extending Luck so we don't have the luxury of going after Von Miller or Bruce Irvin. Perry is a under performing athletic OLB. Hopefully our DC can help him tap into his greatness. 

Trade 2017 7th round pick for
 Dion Jordan OLB (Dolphins) 25 years old 
Two years remains on his rookie contract. This should be the fresh start he needs and another athletic OLB our DC can mold. The Dolphins get rid of a headache and move away from the former 3rd pick of the draft.

This isn't the dream off season most of us expected but honestly I don't see FA knocking down our door to play here. I wanted to try to make this realistic and keep in mind our acquisitions last off season on paper was impressive but didn't produce on the field as expected so hopefully we learned from that.
 Of course we still have some holes to fill so let's see your best draft to complete this team!

Honestly, I don't think I would do any of these and I'd only consider Dion if Miami took thee cap hit for the suspended games and a portion of what's left. I doubt they'd make that trade though. 

Also, Dion only has 1 year left and then there's a 5th year team option (virtually no chance it gets exercised).

Why would we do this when we have the money to bring in some major talent? Nick Perry isn't the answer we need as OLB. He's not going to come in and put up 12 sacks next year. Yeah like Rock sad above. He'd give us no more than Trent Cole did. I don't get why people think realistic is bringing in more mediocre talent. If we make 3-4 impact signings we can be an elite team. No offense but this wouldn't make us one bit better.

I'd bet anything Grigson knows he has to have a different approach this year. I'm expecting a couple major signings. A guard like Osemele, Brooks, Boone, or Foster. A corner like Smith, Jenkins, Hayward, Johnson. Or maybe a huge signing like Mo Wilkerson.

Imo if everyone is going after the same 3 players their prices are bound to rise to the point where it would hurt the team to actually sign them. Especially when we still have to sign Luck so that's why I went outside the box on most of these players. I'm hoping coaching can really get these players to perform well for us hence Morris Claiborne Nick Perry and Dion Jordan who are all 1st rounders

10 minutes ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Morris Claiborne has been better as of late and I always seen him as a man to man corner instead of the zone which they use in Dallas 

I'd be ok with signing Claiborne as long as its an extremely cheep contract and we also bring in a big name like Sean Smith  or Janorris Jenkins too. Who knows Claiborne may be an upgrade over Butler. But I'd rather see if we could trade a 2017 pick for Dee Milliner

2 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Imo if everyone is going after the same 3 players their prices are bound to rise to the point where it would hurt the team to actually sign them. Especially when we still have to sign Luck so that's why I went outside the box on most of these players. I'm hoping coaching can really get these players to perform well for us hence Morris Claiborne Nick Perry and Dion Jordan who are all 1st rounders

That's fine on like one signing, but not the entire offseason. That kind of thinking is what's caused us to have a crap ton of mediocrity all over the roster. Claiborne and Nick Perry would be like signing Greg Toler and Trent Cole all over again bro. Even after we sign Luck and the rest of our own guys. We'll have plenty of cap room. Especially after we cut AJ, Cole, and maybe, probably Art Jones and DQ. We'll have 30plus mill in cap room. So we could sign 3 major players. We could sign Sean Smith, Bruce Irvin, and Kelichi Osemele.

Trading for Dion Jordon would be nice, The Dolphins would probably trade him for Werner plus a 2017 6th or 7th. Jordon would be able to move to his natural position as a stand up 3-4 OLB. Werner would be able to move back to playing 4-3 end. I would completely overhaul the OLB corps.  Signing Bruce Irvin, Drafting Noah Spence, and Trading for Dion Jordon would be awesome. Then we could bring back Mathis and Walden to pair with those 3.