Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SF Hires Chip

SyX

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

While this may be true, it cN be overcome.  One of the best coaches in the game suffered the same accusation: Tom Coughlin.  He was able to adjust and adapt.  Chip can too, if necessary.

What that saying? The first step to solving a problem requires you to admit that you have one. 

Kelly doesn't strike me as a guy who routinely examines his vulnerabilities, weaknesses, & shortcomings. People who believe they are brilliant rarely display any form of self deprecation in my experience.

19 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

What that saying? The first step to solving a problem requires you to admit that you have one. 

Kelly doesn't strike me as a guy who routinely examines his vulnerabilities, weaknesses, & shortcomings. People who believe they are brilliant rarely display any form of self deprecation in my experience.

I mean, I know you don't like the guy, but then again I believe you liked Greg Schiano as a coach more than Chip Kelly back when he was around in Tampa. It's okay to not be a fan, but let's not demonize Chip over it. For his faults, he's a great X's and O's guy. He's like a belligerent Andy Reid in that regard (the difference being that Chip struggles with his people skills, where Reid has problems with his management and pre planning).

35 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

I mean, I know you don't like the guy, but then again I believe you liked Greg Schiano as a coach more than Chip Kelly back when he was around in Tampa. It's okay to not be a fan, but let's not demonize Chip over it. For his faults, he's a great X's and O's guy. He's like a belligerent Andy Reid in that regard (the difference being that Chip struggles with his people skills, where Reid has problems with his management and pre planning).

Did I claim Chip Kelly was dumb or that he was over his head as an NFL head coach? No. I seem to recall that I gave him credit for keeping his players healthy under his tenure & that he knows his X's & O's. That hardly reaches the level of 'demonization' in my book SkyBane. 

I didn't really care for Greg Schiano either who could have hurt Eli Manning on a trivial kneel down when attempting to generate a turnover on a pointless play. 

Do you have posters of Chip Kelly on your wall at home or something? It's fine if you do BTW. I just think his inability to bond with his players will destroy 2 professional franchises. If I'm wrong I'll own it, but I don't think I am. 

Honestly, this inference that I am being excessively harsh or cruel to Chip is almost laughable to me. Can a guy who was just dismissed from Philly examine what went wrong in less than a month? Absolutely not. IQ isn't the problem. Arrogance & smugness is.