Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 40 Free Agents left

StaticColt77

I loved the Hank Baskett signing, lets bring him back, since the colts rarely make the wrong move.

But your not bitter are you? Geez some people always find a way to look atthe glass half empty. Not saying I always love the Colts moves but I'm just an Everyman and they do this for a living and have to live with the consiquences and scrutiny. I have no major complaints at least we have a chance every year to go all the way. Some teams havnt bad that opportunity in over a decade.

But your not bitter are you? Geez some people always find a way to look atthe glass half empty. Not saying I always love the Colts moves but I'm just an Everyman and they do this for a living and have to live with the consiquences and scrutiny. I have no major complaints at least we have a chance every year to go all the way. Some teams havnt bad that opportunity in over a decade.

I'm not saying ALL of the colts moves are bad, I was just bringing up an example of a bad signing for the colts that stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm always optimistic as I think we are going to win the Superbowl every year. I was just trying to prove a point that every team makes bad signings, even the Colts who try as hard as possible not to participate in free agency.

What? Seriously? That's like saying, 'tell me why September 11th is a notorious day in American history, but don't say it's because of the world trade center bombings'. That's ridiculous dude! He made no worth-while contributions to our team, and, in the biggest possible moment, he choked and put his team in a very bad situation. All he had to do is catch the dayum football and fall on the ground! He was supposed to be a 'hands' guy! To this day, if I ran into Hank Baskett in public, or wherever for that matter, I'd slap the crap out of him, and maybe kick him in the sack too!

That is a comically off base post.

The Baskett signing was not a bad move by the Colts. They needed a receiver after Gonzo went down and he had some experience. But to point at one play that any number of others could have missed as evidence of a bad signing is simply not accurate. There is no guarantee that Wayne or anyone else makes that play.

That is a comically off base post.

The Baskett signing was not a bad move by the Colts. They needed a receiver after Gonzo went down and he had some experience. But to point at one play that any number of others could have missed as evidence of a bad signing is simply not accurate. There is no guarantee that Wayne or anyone else makes that play.

You know what Jskinz, you're absolutely right. The Colts definitely didn't make a bad signing in regards to Hank Baskett. They made a necessary signing, as you suggested. He didn't end up contributing much, and he made one enormously huge mistake at a very crucial time, but that's wasn't the Colts' fault. It was his fault. I guess I'm saying that Baskett sucks and is a choke artist, and he played his part in us losing the Super Bowl, but there was no way for the Colts to know that would happen. They made a reasonable, informed decision when they signed him, and it just didn't work out. I'd still * slap him and consider kicking him in the sack, but I wouldn't want to do that to the Colts' management for signing him.

You know what Jskinz, you're absolutely right. The Colts definitely didn't make a bad signing in regards to Hank Baskett. They made a necessary signing, as you suggested. He didn't end up contributing much, and he made one enormously huge mistake at a very crucial time, but that's wasn't the Colts' fault. It was his fault. I guess I'm saying that Baskett sucks and is a choke artist, and he played his part in us losing the Super Bowl, but there was no way for the Colts to know that would happen. They made a reasonable, informed decision when they signed him, and it just didn't work out. I'd still * slap him and consider kicking him in the sack, but I wouldn't want to do that to the Colts' management for signing him.

You guys realize the key play that truely changed that game was Garcon's drop at the end of the half if he had made the wide open catch for the easy TD i dont think the Saints wouldve tried the onside kick...How about when Taj Smith ran into the punter against the Jets that complety lost the game or when Ben roethlisberger tackled Cato June to save the game basically what im saying is the Colts have had so many unfortunate plays that have cost them the games but to blame a bad signing when you desperatly needed one is just silly

You guys realize the key play that truely changed that game was Garcon's drop at the end of the half if he had made the wide open catch for the easy TD i dont think the Saints wouldve tried the onside kick...How about when Taj Smith ran into the punter against the Jets that complety lost the game or when Ben roethlisberger tackled Cato June to save the game basically what im saying is the Colts have had so many unfortunate plays that have cost them the games but to blame a bad signing when you desperatly needed one is just silly

Yes, that was a huge missed opportunity, for sure! Also, Caldwell deciding to play it safe in the final two minutes of the first half was a crucial mistake! We have the best QB ever at driving down the field in the two minute drill, and Caldwell didn't even give him a chance. Then the Saints got the ball back and kicked a field goal before the half. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Caldwell needs to grow a pair just in case he needs them once in a while, like in that situation. I understand the philosophy of playing the percentages, and over the long run it's good for us, but you gotta know when to take a chance here and there.

I loved the Hank Baskett signing, lets bring him back, since the colts rarely make the wrong move.

You just proved my point. Thanks.

Rarely, means it does happen just not often.

You were on the board then, you know. Most fans wanted the Colts to sign Baskett(he made that awesome catch in that commercial) after Gonzo went down with an injury. Very few fans thought the Baskett signing was a bad signing before the SB.

Yes, that was a huge missed opportunity, for sure! Also, Caldwell deciding to play it safe in the final two minutes of the first half was a crucial mistake! We have the best QB ever at driving down the field in the two minute drill, and Caldwell didn't even give him a chance.

Shouldn't that blame go on Manning? He's the one that makes the calls at the line. Or Tom Moore, he's the one who sends in the plays