TNF- Packers vs Lions

Jules

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Okay, there were 2 ceremonies for Brett & I accidentally hit the number 3 on my keyboard, but you're right Belview Hospital is calling my name. I love how you criticize an insignificant typo that anybody can make, but not the bulk of what I said because what I said is accurate & true & you know it.

Yes BC, Brett Favre is a 1st ballot HOF QB who won a ton of games & 1 SB in his career but he did hold the Packers hostage for almost 4 years simply because he didn't want to go to training camp. Facts are facts.

17 hours ago, southwest1 said:
17 hours ago, southwest1 said:
1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

16 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I just...don't...even...you said that because they had 2 ceremonies for Favre, he's not necessarily forgiven. I sarcastically said that I guess they have for the players they like because ya know...everybody gets 2. I can't wait for Javon Walker's next week. 

Brett never skipped camp. The first camp he ever missed was 2007 which was the Packer's doing. Sweet Jesus man...

PS this new layout is buggy as heck.

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Look man, you revere Favre & I just can't place him on a pedestal. So be it. Where in this statement did I ever claim Brett Favre missed training camp?

"Yes BC, Brett Favre is a 1st ballot HOF QB who won a ton of games & 1 SB in his career but he did hold the Packers hostage for almost 4 years simply because he didn't want to go to training camp. Facts are facts."

I didn't. Did I claim he was tardy or absent? No, I never said that.

Ah...the semantics argument now. How was the team ever hostage if they got what they wanted 5 times in a row lol!

Your obsession with ripping Favre is more obvious here than my fanboy stuff. You started it, baited it even, with a rant from outer space that somehow put Favre in last Thursday's game throwing an interception. Did you really expect nobody to touch that post? 

17 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Ah...the semantics argument now. How was the team ever hostage if they got what they wanted 5 times in a row lol!

Your obsession with ripping Favre is more obvious here than my fanboy stuff. You started it, baited it even, with a rant from outer space that somehow put Favre in last Thursday's game throwing an interception. Did you really expect nobody to touch that post? 

You misquoted what I said about Favre not wanting to go to camp. I'm not baiting anybody simply correcting what you misquoted.

A man who does not live in WI is going to engage in revisionist Packer folklore yet again. Now, that's funny. haha

7 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Your first quote was bait. Your camp post implied what I said and crunching the semantics of the post doesn't change that or how wrong you were about that. Que that old losing an argument online, resort to semantics,  wording, grammar, etc meme.

Is your life really this empty that the slightest tarnishing of an icon destroys your whole day?

My camp quote didn't imply anything but Fact BC. Favre didn't want to attend training camp, eventually he would show up, & finally Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy told Brett that the Packers are going in a new direction with Rogers & they didn't want Favre anymore.

I have every right to dislike Favre as you do to idolize the man & by reverting back to your line about my original post on this page as sematics is just foolish on your part.

I lived thru Brett Favre's entire tenure in WI the good & the bad so stop trying to act like you are this supreme supernatural authority on #4 because you're not.

Take your own advice, because you're not. Your camp quote implied exqctly what I said, and if it didn't then answer my initial question from a few posts earlier. It doesn't matter if you live in WI...I mean...just...what?. And if it does then the same goes for that whole stadium full of people who cheered him on last Thursday, and that other time during the other ceremony. They agree with this Floridian and not their 1 fellow Wisconsian just because he's a Wisconsian.