Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints have fired Rob Ryan (updated)

NBColtsFanatic

Sean Payton is still under contract and i highly doubt the Saints are going to fire him. 

You're probably right Bogie. Sean's not going anywhere. I just always liked his play calling even back to Payton's Dallas days under Parcells. Owner Tom Benson would be smart to retain Sean.

Just wishful thinking on my part I guess. Shoot. Like the old saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is." Bummer dude. LOL!  It's all good. 

If he gets fired I expect the Colts to look at him as  a candidate but he is under contract for 1 more year so I expect them to play it out and see what happens, he has a winning record and a history with NO, every coach has an off year, I don't think he will be available

Has anyone noticed that in this era the best DCs are the most quiet and nicest? How did that happen? Think about it...Wade, Romeo compared to Rob Ryan and all the other no name crazy ones who weren't able to live longer off of who they were related to. Somebody might reply with Rex but he's by far quitest of the Ryans.

Colts you guys don't want Payton. If he becomes a Colt the Colts become the Saints to me.

saints have the worst defense since the 1934 cincinnati reds. the reds were so BAD, the team folded prior to the end of the season

with an 0-8 record, the reds scored a total of 10 points and allowed 243

Where'd you get that from? That's morbidly fascinating. The Saints offense is bad, but are they really the worst of the last 81 years?

Rob Ryan as Eric Mangini's DC of the Browns did beat the Patriots in a regular season game once in 2009 I think. 

Yes, his reputation has taken a hit professionally for failing to stop any NFL offense that's true, but anybody who was taught defense by Buddy Ryan isn't dumb nor did they suddenly get amnesia. 

Rob will bounce back maybe with his own sibling even...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/17/buffalo-bills-rex-ryan-rob-ryan-coaching-together-idea

All he knows is what was in the book that his Dad had. He has no grasp of the things that aren't taught. He can't match plays/packages up against the offenses they're designed for, can't adjust at halftime, and I mean he's just some bland 300lb guy. What NFL football player is motivated by that?