Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Gm Search Includes Tom Ciskowski [Merge]

bayone

According to multiple sources, Indianapolis has requested permission to speak with assistant director of player personnel Tom Ciskowski for its general manager vacancy. The Colts are looking for a personnel chief after firing Bill Polian and his son, Chris.

St. Louis could be another option after the Rams fired Billy Devaney. Ciskowski interviewed with the Rams in 2006 for the general manager’s job. Baltimore’s director of player personnel Eric DeCosta is also a reported candidate for both jobs.

Ciskowski has been with the Cowboys since 1992 and was named the director of college and pro scouting in 2008 when Jeff Ireland left for Miami. His title was changed to assistant director of player personnel in 2011. He had been the team’s assistant director of college scouting from 2001-07.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bd3PT

What are the chances he could lure Wade Phillips away from the Texans to be our defensive coordinator (I don't necessarily want him as a head coach)?

How have the Cowboys been doing business recently? A lot of their lack of success could, in my opinion, be blamed on poor coaching, but how has their front office been doing things?

I think Jerry Jones has been running loose...

What are the chances he could lure Wade Phillips away from the Texans to be our defensive coordinator (I don't necessarily want him as a head coach)?

I think Jerry Jones has been running loose...

Well, wade Phillips says he s doesnt necessarily want to be a HC but said is quite surprised hasn't been approached so who knows

How have the Cowboys been doing business recently? A lot of their lack of success could, in my opinion, be blamed on poor coaching, but how has their front office been doing things?

It's impossible to tell this guys impact (even more so than usual) because of how overbearing Jerry Jones is.

But overall, I wouldn't take the state of the Cowboys as a ringing endorsement.

While some wonder if the Cowboys could lose Rob Ryan and/or Joe DeCamillis from their coaching staff to head coaching jobs elsewhere, they might also need to look at the player personnel staff, too.

According to multiple sources, Indianapolis has requested permission to speak with assistant director of player personnel Tom Ciskowski for its general manager vacancy. The Colts are looking for a personnel chief after firing Bill Polian and his son, Chris.

St. Louis could be another option after the Rams fired Billy Devaney. Ciskowski interviewed with the Rams in 2006 for the general manager’s job. Baltimore’s director of player personnel Eric DeCosta is also a reported candidate for both jobs.

Ciskowski has been with the Cowboys since 1992 and was named the director of college and pro scouting in 2008 when Jeff Ireland left for Miami. His title was changed to assistant director of player personnel in 2011. He had been the team’s assistant director of college scouting from 2001-07.

He wouldn't be a bad option but I personally think Telesco is our best bet, he knows the team and has seen what has worked and what has not. With that said getting someone off another team who has put together a strong defense would also be a smart move, we need someone to improve our secondary and add some LB depth. I don't think this guy will get the job, someone like Eric DeCosta (who already said he is staying in Baltimore) would be my perferred GM choice.