Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys - Broncos Discussing Trade For Montee Ball

chad72

I think Melvin Gordon may turn out alright, but I will say he hasn't really made much of the preseason.

Uh huh. I was thinking the same exact thing krunk. Gordon hasn't dazzled me either. I'm just perplexed because in WI at the college level we run the ball over 70% of the time on average & yet somehow backs out of our program always seem to suck for some reason.

It's kind of funny like graduating world class architects from school whose buildings always collapse & implode without fail almost on cue krunk.  haha

TE's we're good at transitioning to the next level like Owen Daniels still going strong & being productive now in Denver, but RBs have never made a smooth jump from Madison, WI to the pros. 

The Chargers must be excited.

I appreciate the vote of confidence in Gordon BC, but let's see what Melvin is doing say by week 8 of the regular season 1st shall we.

Experience/diminished results hasn't given me a great deal to be optimistic about or hang my hat on over the years. 

It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised for once though, but after Ron Dayne literally moved piles in college like a bulldozer & then did next to nothing with the NY Giants, I swore I'd never believe the hype anymore. 

I always remember when John Fox took Montee Ball & passed on Eddie Lacy in 2013. If he wouldn't have taken Ball, he'd probably still be coaching in Denver.

Oh, no....Elway and Fox both agreed it was time to ride down different paths...

..and I dont think Lacy would have carried the ball a s much in Denver as he has in GB