Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Power Rankings Post-Draft

amfootball

No, they shouldn't have.  They completely collapsed.  Rodgers was able to beat their defense for 3 quarters, then they suddenly get scared and play not to lose instead of playing to win.  They deserved the loss

Especially when GB intercepted that one pass late, then the guy practically took a knee instead of going for more yardage. He didn't even have to fight for the yardage if he wanted it. It was open field.

Especially when GB intercepted that one pass late, then the guy practically took a knee instead of going for more yardage. He didn't even have to fight for the yardage if he wanted it. It was open field.

Yup.  When you stop playing to win, it has a good chance of reflecting in the scoreboard.  Bad coaching, bad execution by the players, a complete collapse.  They fully deserved that loss

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• They couldn't have known they were the only ones interested in Penix though. I had heard that LV was also interested, but there's always rumors at this time.   No guarantee there will be a QB they like as much as Penix next year, or the following year. Looking at the premium picks it required to get QB 4-6 in this draft, it could be a really steep price to move from the mid 20s to get a QB too.    I guess if they think they can be a playoff team with Cousins for 2-3 years, then there is some logic to making sure you get the guy when you can. Plus, Penix is a bit of a developmental prospect, so Cousins buys time for him to develop, while also allowing them to compete/contend. It's dual paths.   I don't know if I see a collision course with Cousins. He's a really good QB and he will be the starter for at least the next two years (first two seasons are both gtd), but prob 3 years. I am sure that is understood in the locker room. After that, they re-evaluate and there's a chance they are able to make a smooth transition. Plus the young skill position players will be in their primes and in a better position to support a young QB.   It's an interesting approach. No idea if it will work ahd might be overkill. But it's far better than running out Desmond Ridder and Marcus Mariota. I just don't see passing on Latu, Odunze, Murphy, etc. as some move that will drastically alter the franchise three years from now.    
    • Yeah, I don't think a lot of teams wanted to budge who were in the top 10. I know Lombardi said they were 12 first rounders and Ballard said 19-21. Maybe Lombardi was more right and teams just didn't want to get out of the top 12-15 spots? 
    • You know that saying... The player makes the number, the number doesn't make the player.  
    • When you do sit back and analyze the draft most of the picks in front of the Colts make sense. 1) Williams. Not a fan of  the player but I get it. 2) Daniels- Need a qb and #2 rated qb 3) Maye-I think the Giants and another team wanted him bad but Patriots just decided to get him and not move back. 4)They needed to pair Harrison with the midget and justify that stupid contract they gave Murray. Give Murray the most polished and tallest receiver in the draft lol.  5)Harbaugh loves the trenches and  wouldn't pass on Ault. Look at Harbaugh's history in building a team.  6) I think the Giants really wanted Maye and were trying to move up but Patriots were not budging. They picked best player available in Nabors and hoping it will help Jones and it wont. 7) Need to protect Levis as the GM picked him last year and need to see if he is the guy 8)Now this is where it went off the rails and stupidest pick in NFL history I think. I had the best D player going here 9) They wanted to pair the 3rd best wr on their board with Williams and I called it when people said the Colts would trade with the Bears and grab a receiver at #9. I get it but would have picked Murphy as it is a perfect fit for Eberflus' defense.  10) Minny loves McCarthy and moved up one spot to make sure they got him. 11) Picked best OT on the board as they need to protect Rodgers upright as the coach and GM will be gone if they dont make the play offs 12) If he was still there, Nix is a perfect qb for what Sean wants 13)Bowers is elite but luxury pick. I would have went best D player on the board. They drafted a tight end high last year. I thought a dumb pick 14) Saints could have picked best player and they went Oline so cannot fault him 15) Ballard should have bought a lottery ticket the day of the draft because Latu fell into his lap. No need to think it over just turn the card!
    • And that is part of my point about how GMs benefit from circumstances and are hindered at other times.  Its hard for me to draw a bright line between most of them in terms of being really good or really bad, because the card deck is different each year and can get reshuffled mid draft by some wonky things.  No doubt the Colts draft benefited by some talent falling a bit more in both the first and second rounds because of some unexpected things.  Those things feel in our favor this year, but may not in other years.  I'd hate to be the GM of LVR right now.  Although they got Bowers (and I like O'Donnell more than most) he's probably got set back by not having Penix there to draft as projected.  
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 19,761

• Goatface Killah

Goatface Killah 2,030

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 5,215

• bellevuecolt

bellevuecolt 0

Rookie
    • jvan1973

jvan1973 10,893