Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reality's Final Mock (BIG BOARD, MOCK, RD1, RD2 MOCK)

Hello! And Welcome to my final installment of mocks, big boards and other various things! Just trtung to pass time before the draqft so lets get it started! Just a couple of notes, I'll put them here. My COLTS mock is reflected off my 2 RD Mock, so the Picks will be the same. Also When I say (Projecting trade) it means I think that the player selected will go in that spot, I'm just not sure to who. So here we go!

The Colt's Mock:

1: Landon Collins, S, Alabama 6'0, 228, 35" vert, 4.53 40, 4.33 shuttle

Landon Collins, oh boy. One of my favorite prospects in this whole class. It seems like everyone in the Colts organization, and fan base love this kid too. I never really put too much thought into him at 29, because I never excepted him to be available, but it looks like PHI might trade up, or select CB/WR, and PIT might stick to EDGE, or CB. Collins is tremendous against the run. Takes great angles and finishes tackles. He rarely takes bad angles or misses. He's a great special teamer and a leader. He is a so-so athlete, but makes up for it with sheer skill. He has impressive range for his size and is not a liability in coverage, he can take TEs and RBs in M2M without it being a mismatch. He'd fit in perfectly with the Colts and could be an impact starter from Day 1.

2: Jordan Philips, NT, Oklahoma 6'3, 300, 34 bench, 26.5 vert, 5.07 40

Whaaaaat? Wasn't this kid in many 1st rounds not too long ago? Yep. Same guy. Philips is a very talented player, but there are some concerns with his back. Some scouts see him as a project, and that he won't be able to hit his full potential for a while (somewhat like Dan Williams). He has great upside, but could get washed out of the league because he may never use it. That causes him to drop a bit. Philips is a huge player (6'3, 300) Who is surprising very agile against the run. He not only takes up blocks, but disrupts plays. His strength is pass rushing though. He is very strong and has a great swim move. Would be a tremendous addition to the DL and could start for the Colts and grow with the young D. 

3: Daryl Williams, OT, Oklahoma, 6'5, 327, 27 bench, 26 vert, 5.34 40, 5.15 shuttle

Williams is a monster of a man. He stands at 6'5 327. He uses his great size well as it is one of his biggest strengths. At Oklahoma he played both Left, and Right Tackle and played well. He is a high character kid with good leadership qualities. He possesses great Upper-Body blocking and is a tremendous pass protector. He uses his length and strength well, and is good in the run game aswell. What he needs to work on is getting to the second level, and moving better in space. Could play guard. He could come in and be the 6th OL off the bench incase of any injuries, and eventually slide in and replace Gosder Cherilus. 

4: David Cobb, RB, Minnesoda, 5'11, 229, 17 bench, 38.5 vert.

David Cobb is a decently big back who possesses good athleticism for his size. He has very good hands and is a very QB friendly RB. He has great vision, and is a good pass protector. He is a good all around player who could step in the RB rotation very well. He has good stamina, leg drive, vision, patience, Antisipation, FB IQ, and size. He can do it all and develop into a great change of pace RB.

5: Derrick Lott, Chattanooga, DT, 6'4, 314, 4.99 40, 30 bench, 26.5 vert.

Lott has great size and strength, He is decently athletic standing at 6'4, 314 while running a sub 5.00 40. He is a project on the DL who has lots of potential. He uses his strength, size, and athleticism well but doesn't have good pass rush moves. He rarely gets good pressure, but he's great against the run. He can come in as a rotational DE, and play against the run while he develops his pass rushing skills.

6: Jeff Luc, ILB, Cincinnati, 6'0, 256, 34 vert, 4.57 40

Luc was a productive player at Cincinnati, he is a decent player in coverage, and is also decent against the run. He has below average instincts but makes up for it with a ton of effort. He is not great at everything but tries his hardest every play. 

6: Darryl Roberts, CB, Marshall, 6'0, 182 lbs

Roberts is a all around okay player. He is very aggressive and goes for the big plays too often. Although he has great recovery speed he still gets flagged own field too much. He looks the part of a Good sized outside CB, and has the athleticism to do that. His technique and instincts need some work. Seems like a classic Grigs/Pagano project. 

7: Markus Rush, OLB, Michigan St, 6'3, 235 lbs

Rush is another project pick. He is very underrted but was a big contributor for the Spartans. He is extremely athletic and apperently had a 'outragious' showing at his pro day where he looked like Clowney or Mario Williams. Could come into the rotation day 1 and develop. Lots of potential. 

7: Nick Perry, S, Alabama

Perry is a kid the Colts were interested in. He played with Landon Collins at Alabama and this would be a re-union. He is a decent athlete and would bring solid depth to the team day 1.

The RD1 Mock:

1 Buccaneers- Jamies Winston, QB, FSU

2 Titans- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (Projecting Trade)

3 Jaguars- Leonard Williams, DT, USC (Projecting Trade)

4 Radiers- Kevin White, WR, WVU

5 Redskins- Dante Fowler Jr., OLB, Florida (Projecting Trade)

6 Jets- Alvin Dupree, OLB, Kentucy

7 Bears- Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

8- Falcons- Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

9- Giants- Brandon Scherff, OG, Iowa

10 Rams- Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

11 Vikings- Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St.

12 Browns- DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

13 Saints- Danny Shelton, NT, Washington

14 Dolphins- Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

15 49ers- Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon

16 Texans- Nelson Agholor, WR, USC

17 Chargers- Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

18 Chiefs- Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

19 Browns- Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami

20 Eagles- Philip Dorsett, WR, Miami

21 Bengals- Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska

22 Steelers- Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

23 Lions- Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

24 Cardinals- Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

25 Panthers- DJ Humphries, OT, Florida

26 Ravens- Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF

27 Cowboys- Ronald Darby, CB, FSU

28 Broncos- Cameron Erving, C, FSU

29 Colts- Landon Collins, S, Alabama

30 Packers- Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

31 Saints- Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri

32 Patriots- Eddie Goldman, DT, FSU

The RD2 Mock:

33 Titans- Jaelen Strong, WR, ASU

34 Buccaneers- Cedrick Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M

35 Raiders- Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

36 Jaguars- Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut

37 Jets- Devin Smith, WR, OSU

38 Redskins- TJ Clemmings, OT, Pitsburgh

39 Bears- Damarious Randall, S, ASU

40 Giants- Shane Ray, DE, Missouri

41 Rams- Cameron Erving, C, FSU

42 Falcons- Owamgbe Odighizuwa, OLB, UCLA

43 Browns- Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon

44 Saints- Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

45 Vikings, Eli Harold, DE, Virginia

46 49ers- Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

47 Dolphins- Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesoda

48 Chargers- Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke

49 Cheifs- Donovan Smith, OT, Penn St.

50 Bills- Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor

51 Texans- Eric Rowe, CB, Utah

52 Eagles- Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)

53 Lions- Preston Smith, DT, Mississippi St.

54 Bengals- Bernardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi St.

55 Cardinals- Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana

56 Steelers- Xavier Cooper, DT, Washington St.

57 Panthers- Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

58 Ravens- Ali Marpet, OT/OG, Hobart

59 Cowboys- Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska

60 Broncos- Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford

61 Colts- Jordan Philips, NT, Oklahoma

62 Packers- Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami

63 Seahawks- Justin Hardy, WR, ECU

64 Patriots- Alex Carter, CB, Stanford

Top 64:

1- Leonard Williams, DT, USC

2- Dante Fowler Jr., DE, Florida

3- Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

4- Shane Ray, DE, Missouri

5- Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

6- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

7- Kevin White, WR, WVU

8- Jameis Winston, QB, FSU

9- Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

10- Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

11- Brandon Scherff, OG, Iowa

12- Cameron Erving, C, FSU

13- DJ Humphries, OT, Florida

14- Dorial Beckham-Green, WR, Missouri

15- La'el Collins, OT, LSU

16- Danny Shelton, NT, Washington

17- Owamgbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA

18- Landon Collins, S, Alabama

19- DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

20- Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St. 

21- Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska

22- Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

23- Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

24- Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

25- Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon

26- Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

27- Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

28- Eddie Goldman, NT, Florida St.

29- Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia

30- Ronald Darby, CB, FSU

31- Nelson Agholor, WR, USC

32- Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon

33- Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona St.

34- TJ Clemmings, OT, Pitsburgh

35- Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

36- Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana 

37- Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut 

38- Preston Smith, DT, Mississippi St.

39- Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

40- Alvin Dupree, OLB, Kentucy

41- Jordan Philips, NT, Oklahoma

42- Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU

43- Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

44- Eric Rowe, CB, Utah

45- Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesoda

46- Damarious Randall, S, Arizona St.

47- Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

48- Bresahd Perriman, WR, UCF

49- Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart

50- Micheal Bennett, DT, Ohio St.

51- Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise St.

52- Shaq Thompson, LB, Washington

53- Philip Dorsett, WR, Miami

54- Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford

55- Cedrick Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M

56- PJ Williams, CB, FSU

57- Ameer Abduallah, RB, Nebraska

58- Mike Davis, RB, SCAR

59- Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon St.

60- Derron Smith, S, Fresno St.

61- Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas St.

62- Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)

63- Laken Thomlinson, OG, Duke

64- Ibrahiem Campbell, S, Northwestern 

It would be hard to pass up Goldman, but I can see why since he has a weakness in pass rush.  Collins is a great safety but needs more development in pass coverage, but if he's available at 29 I doubt they pass him up.  I like the idea of grabbing two defensive lineman that can play the middle of the line.  We need solid depth at DT/NT and this mock gives us that opportunity. 

I was just talking to a friend that works at UTC (Chattanooga) about Derrick Lott and he felt that Derrick was a really good pass rush. 2 years at Georgia but didn't get doubled teamed a lot. "very dominant in FCS"

Where do you think La'el Collins will end up now? 

It's such a strange situation I don't even know. I could see anywhere from Rd 3 or 4 to UDFA, to even a guy that has to wait a while (until some clearity comes to the murder situation so 1-2 months) just to sign a UDFA deal.