Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Seattle recover from that?

Bad Morty

Injuries are part of it. I don't call the Colts lucky for the 2006 comeback win just because the Pats were down to 4th stringers in the defensive backfield. Other than Lane, the other guys were out there on the field, and they got torched. They are the first team in the history of the Superbowl to lose with a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Teams were 0-29 in that situation prior to last night.

I don't remember the Pats losing their secondary in the 2006 game. God , "down to 4th stringers" I won't even bother to research that one. You really are ridiculous. All I said was that they lost a starting CB , who by the Way Brady absolutely feasted on and the other e DB's were all hurt. Two of which need surgery. I also mentioned the pass rush suffered with Avril out. I didn't say that detracted from the win. I said Seattle was unlucky that they were not at full force defensively for much of this game. 

When you say a defense is "exposed" that means to most people who have an IQ over 70 that it really wasn't that good and other teams will copy what NE did and it will not be the same. IMO , it was not the case. Some of you guys are really amazing. Eve a hint of saying something that is glowing about you team and you start spewing out nonsense .

Here ya go in case you didn't notice And YES .. I know injuries are part of the game , I just said they were not "exposed" as they were playing at less than full strength. I would love to know how many completions Simon gave up. I would bet no less than  8-9.

— Long before the miracle catch, improbable interception and the rest of what made this a wild Super Bowl, Seattle cornerback Jeremy Lane made a big play, then went down with a gruesome arm injury.

It would turn out to be an injury that had a devastating effect on the Seahawks in their 28-24 loss to New England.

The Patriots immediately went after Lane’s replacement, Tharold Simon, and beat him again and again and again. Three of Tom Brady’s touchdowns were thrown to receivers that were being defended by Simon — to Brandon LaFell, Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski.

Lane’s first career interception came in the end zone to halt a first-quarter Patriots scoring threat. As he returned the pick, he awkwardly fell on his arm as he was knocked out of bounds, bending it at an angle that is hard to watch on replays.

Pete Carroll has to explain why he would send in 3 wide receivers on a 2nd and goal from the 1

It made no sense..

So what if NE had a goal line defense..in..Lynch has run over goal line defenses..

IF Lynch is stopped..they could throw on 3rd down and they could run OR throw on 4th down

But if your team was BUILT on power running for 3 years...why call a pass on the biggest play of the season?

Pete Carroll cracked under pressure and made the worst possible call....

He needs to admit it

I think Seattle reacted slowly and kept the same personal in as the play that gained for 4 yards from the 5 on first down. 

Why isn't anyone blaming Seattle's defense?

Brady carved them up all day long, even with the short pass dink and dunk offense.

2 weeks ago, Rodgers at 50% had great success against that defense too.

Seattle was lucky just to be there. I am positive of this after yesterday. Green Bay had them beat for 55 minutes, and should have been in that SB. 

Go back to the INT that Brady threw in the first quarter, and that would have been a touchdown for the Pats in the endzone. Since Seattle didn't capitalize on that, and NE got the ball right back and scored, Seattle was pretty lucky to even be in the game at that point. NE could have been up 14-0, and then 21-14 at the half, and then after the 2nd INT which Seattle scored off of, would have only been a 3 point game, meaning NE would have scored 14 points to win it by 11 (blow out)

Seattle was very lucky to even be there after the Packers out played them the way they did. Rodgers' INT in the end zone in the first quarter, the 4th interception with the slide, and the onside kick. It took all three of those things to go wrong for GB just for Seattle to barely squeak past that team. Then against New England, they got lucky again with a few turnovers.

New England won that game fair and square. I don't care what any of you say about the last play of the game with Seattle. They are lucky they got that first INT in the first quarter, cause without that, NE wins 35-24. Brady destroyed that defense, and it's not like Seattle's offense really did much in that game cause they didn't. They didn't do much 2 weeks ago when they turned the ball over 5 times vs GB.

The Packers gave New England the blueprint to showing how weak and overrated that offense is. Given that they were blowing them out most the game, I do think Green Bay is the NFC team that should have been in the SB. People are saying Wilson is overrated now, but they weren't 2 weeks ago when he only had one completion for more than half the game against Green Bay, and threw 4 interceptions. 

Seattle should enjoy the one Super Bowl they have over the AFC's the other golden boy, cause Brady sure didn't lay down like that and let them beat him up, even after they had a 10 point lead. 

Again, Seattle's defense deserves part of the blame for playing as poorly as they did in the red zone and letting Brady go nuts on them. 

Why isn't anyone blaming Seattle's defense?

Brady carved them up all day long, even with the short pass dink and dunk offense.

2 weeks ago, Rodgers at 50% had great success against that defense too.

Seattle was lucky just to be there. I am positive of this after yesterday. Green Bay had them beat for 55 minutes, and should have been in that SB. 

Go back to the INT that Brady threw in the first quarter, and that would have been a touchdown for the Pats in the endzone. Since Seattle didn't capitalize on that, and NE got the ball right back and scored, Seattle was pretty lucky to even be in the game at that point. NE could have been up 14-0, and then 21-14 at the half, and then after the 2nd INT which Seattle scored off of, would have only been a 3 point game, meaning NE would have scored 14 points to win it by 11 (blow out)

Seattle was very lucky to even be there after the Packers out played them the way they did. Rodgers' INT in the end zone in the first quarter, the 4th interception with the slide, and the onside kick. It took all three of those things to go wrong for GB just for Seattle to barely squeak past that team. Then against New England, they got lucky again with a few turnovers.

New England won that game fair and square. I don't care what any of you say about the last play of the game with Seattle. They are lucky they got that first INT in the first quarter, cause without that, NE wins 35-24. Brady destroyed that defense, and it's not like Seattle's offense really did much in that game cause they didn't. They didn't do much 2 weeks ago when they turned the ball over 5 times vs GB.

The Packers gave New England the blueprint to showing how weak and overrated that offense is. Given that they were blowing them out most the game, I do think Green Bay is the NFC team that should have been in the SB. People are saying Wilson is overrated now, but they weren't 2 weeks ago when he only had one completion for more than half the game against Green Bay, and threw 4 interceptions. 

Seattle should enjoy the one Super Bowl they have over the AFC's the other golden boy, cause Brady sure didn't lay down like that and let them beat him up, even after they had a 10 point lead. 

Again, Seattle's defense deserves part of the blame for playing as poorly as they did in the red zone and letting Brady go nuts on them. 

Bogie , NE won the game and for the most part , they out played them. As far as "blaming " their defense , it was beset with injuries. I went through what they were just a few posts back and as I pointed out 3 of the TDs came vs Lane's replacement and losing Avril did play a big part in Brady having no pressure in those last 2 drives. 

As far as Rodgers having " great success  the week before" , you are joking right.  Despite being handed 4 Russell Wilson Ints , GB gained 306 yards , had 1 TD and were 3-13 on third downs.

To elaborate a little more on the "good day" Rodgers had ....here is what his final line looked like....

19-34  178 yards  5.2 ave  1 TD  2 INT  51 QBR

Seattle's plan was to give up the short passes and not miss tackles. Now they did miss a few tackles but for the most part the plan worked. They weren't out there against the Rams and they weren't the ones on the field with the game on a silver platter in the final second before giving it away.