Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Offseason (includes FA/Draft/Re-sings)

Well first of all we got embarrassed really bad and that happen because we couldn't stop the run and we couldn't run the ball and we have a couple of young guys on both sides of the ball that can develop really well so i think the best way to build this roster is to re-sign all the impact players that we already have.

Cap for 2015 : 140M

Colts team cap : 110,238,xxx
Colts cap space : 37,358,xxx

So fist of all We need to re-sing Luck, Hilton, Castonzo, Fleener, Allen, Freeman on that order 

I can see this kind of contracts without details:

Luck 18-22 M

Hilton 8-10 M 
Castonzo 7.5-9.5M

Fleener 4.5-7M
Allen 4-6M

Freeman 5.5M

Cap hit 2015

Luck 7M
Castonzo 7.5M

Fleener 1.7M

Allen .975 M

Hilton .800 M

Freeman FA

Assuming one of the worst case scenarios we got 2015 cap hit with new contracts:

Luck 15M more 22M per year 

Castonzo .5M more 8M per year(I'm paying him like Okung)
Hilton 9.2M more 10M per year (I'm paying him like Nelson)

Fleener 4.8M more 6.5M per year (I'm paying him like Pitta)

Allen 4M more 5M per year(I'm paying him like Bennett)

Freeman 5.5M more 5.5M per year he is gonna demand the same deal as D'Qwell 

so at the end of the day we got 39M more on 2015 i know i'm overpaying a lot for 7 players but this is one of the worst case scenarios.

So i think we are just gonna re-sing Luck, Castonzo, Hilton, Freeman this FA so i got 29M more on 2015 and we got 8M to re-sing some players.

I could see Hilton making 8.5M but that just let us with 8.7M to spend, i can't see Castonzo making less than 7.5M(he is the cornerstone of the OL and he is pretty good) that's another million. so 8.7M to spend then Luck i can see a contract 132M/6y but i would like something like 110M/6y but Lucks is gonna be the best paid player of this league sooner than later.
So we got more likely to spend around 10-15M depend of the cuts and the trades and that's without paying Allen/Fleener i would rather pay them this FA because they are gonna be better on 2015 and Luck is gonna progress even more this year so if we wait we could get backfire because we waited too long.
But also remember no team goes into the season without 3-5M to spend on emergency pick ups.

REMEMBER THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST CASE SCENARIOS!!!

If you have another projections of how much would they make please comment and i gonna adjust the post according the best post.
I could be really wrong about many of these values please feel free to correct me and i could see and average cost of these players.

FA.

We really need a S so i think we could try to push for Devin McCourty or Mike Upati but i would prefer McCourty also Spikes is comming out of a lesion so he isn't gonna be expensive so we could sing him .

Draft 2015
Trade 1st and 5th with New York Jets/St. Lois  for 2nd and 3rd they need a QB and Brett Hudley is gonna be there and someone is gonna try to pull a Bridgewater move so why not us?
2nd NYJ/STL Trevin Coleman I know after the Trent Richardson fiasco we are gonna be afraid of this kind of move but Coleman has run really well with out a premier OL.

2nd Cedric Ogbuhei T He is gonna miss the combine, he was a really good RT but then he moved to LT and he struggled he could start at mid season.

3rd NYJ/STL Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB He is gonna fall because the size concerns and the ACL he was a shutdown on college but he could be a solid on the pros or a very valuable Nickel corner.

3rd TY Montgomery WR He had been injured because the charge he had at Stanford i mean all the passing game was Montgomery until the injuries also a good PR/KR

4th Henry Anderson DE/DT He has been part of one of the best College defenses, he isn't a beast destroying the OL but he is solid.

6th and 7th are wildcards that nobody can predict so the BPA.

Feel welcome to comment about anythings.