Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MEDIA HYPE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Well think they got 2 teams right. Alabama maybe belonged , but TCU snubbed ,and if the so called experts had it their way we probably see 2 to 3 SEC teams in it. IMO there needs to be an 8 team playoff to make sure its got right. Cudos to Oregon & Ohio State  exactly how I thought it would turn out of the 4.

I'm just happy some of the shine has been taken off the Somewhat-Educated Conference. :P

This is a good start to a well-earned National Championship for whoever wins. I agree that an 8-team tournament (maybe 5 super-conference winners + 3 at-large bids?) would remove any lingering gripes.

Well think they got 2 teams right. Alabama maybe belonged , but TCU snubbed ,and if the so called experts had it their way we probably see 2 to 3 SEC teams in it. IMO there needs to be an 8 team playoff to make sure its got right. Cudos to Oregon & Ohio State  exactly how I thought it would turn out of the 4.

You can tell they wanted Florida State out most of the season just by their rankings, hoping they would lose to knock them out of the top four.  But they were the only undefeated team in a major conference, so they had to go.  

As far as an 8-team playoff stopping any lingering arguments, no way, people will still argue that other teams should get in.  People would argue certain conferences are being preferred and so on.  But I would still like to see an 8-team playoff some day.  For now, I am not complaining about the current set up.  Heck, it got us a completely different championship than it would have been, probably Alabama vs FSU.

You can tell they wanted Florida State out most of the season just by their rankings, hoping they would lose to knock them out of the top four.  But they were the only undefeated team in a major conference, so they had to go.  

As far as an 8-team playoff stopping any lingering arguments, no way, people will still argue that other teams should get in.  People would argue certain conferences are being preferred and so on.  But I would still like to see an 8-team playoff some day.  For now, I am not complaining about the current set up.  Heck, it got us a completely different championship than it would have been, probably Alabama vs FSU.

True , I knew FSU was going down and was fairly confident Alabama would all though they did belong. IMO TCU belonged as well.

If we had the BCS this year....it would have been FSU-Bama. And probably a boat race in Bamas favor. I like this format better, though expansion to 8 wouldn't hurt, IMO. Use the top 4 bowls (Rose, Sugar, Cotton/Fiesta, Orange) and go from there.