Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its Bronoco overreaction week again

oldunclemark

Tom Brady was done not too long ago. People make way too big of a deal out of one game. Granted the result against St. Louis was surprising, but I'd reckon the Kansas City/New England result was surprising as well, especially how much the Pats lost by.

The difference is that KC is a contender, the Rams are using Shaun Hill and have not been good for a long time.

The Patriots got blown out early in the season, on the road to one of top teams in the AFC in one of the hardest stadiums there is to play in.

The Broncos lost to the lowly Rams, in mid-November, in large part due to Mannings poor play. The Rams aren't a playoff team, and this is the time of year teams are suppose to be at their best.. the Broncos seem to be getting worse.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39-28...

and 'Bronco Overreaction week' is officially over

The run game "looked" good against Miami. We'll see where it is over the next few weeks. Consistency is key.

John Fox had some balls. That's refreshing every now and then and it's the biggest reason Denver won.

The secondary and special teams all around remain horrid. Also penalties...my god the stupid penalties....

When they win : Lets see..they need consistency

When they lose: ITs ALWAYS a MAJOR cause for concern

They do have consistency in their pass game and run defense. Especially the run defense. You can count on those two parts of the team to do their jobs.

They have an inconsistent run game which may or may not show up. It usually doesn't. You can't count on it. Yet.

Their coach usually balls up and goes in to play to hang on/not to lose mode instead of playing to win. He played to win tonight. Well, Fox did not Del Rio. He went in to prevent nothing mode.

Their secondary is atrocious when the pass rush doesn't get there. They're inconsistent.

Special teams is bad from head to toe every game. They're consistent in a bad way, because you can count on them to stink up the joint.

Tom Brady was done not too long ago.  People make way too big of a deal out of one game.  Granted the result against St. Louis was surprising, but I'd reckon the Kansas City/New England result was surprising as well, especially how much the Pats lost by.

You win 'Post of the Week', Valpo!

The Patriots lost those games because their Oline wasn't giving Brady his fortress. The Patriots have since gelled on their O-line as of about 5 games in to the season. It was the one shaky part of their team, and it's gone.

That being said, that's still the only way a team can beat NE right now. Most teams are unable or too stupid to gameplan on beating that line at all costs

They do have consistency in their pass game and run defense. Especially the run defense. You can count on those two parts of the team to do their jobs. 

They have an inconsistent run game which may or may not show up. It usually doesn't. You can't count on it. Yet.

Their coach usually balls up and goes in to play to hang on/not to lose mode instead of playing to win. He played to win tonight. Well, Fox did not Del Rio. He went in to prevent nothing mode.

Their secondary is atrocious when the pass rush doesn't get there. They're inconsistent.

Special teams is bad from head to toe every game. They're consistent in a bad way, because you can count on them to stink up the joint.

Moose.. Moose...Relax.

34-9 in 3 years...8-3 now...6-0 at home.

Overreaction week is over

Moose.. Moose...Relax.

34-9 in 3 years...8-3 now...6-0 at home.

Overreaction week is over

I am relaxed. I just see Denver for what it is. A team carried by their passing game and run defense  that has serious faults. If the passing game doesn't show up, they're done. If the passing game is on fire, the special teams and pass D can still  find a way to lose.

If Denver can at least get a run game going regularly, they have a shot if they can keep throwing up points and not be one-dimensional on offense. Trying to win the field position battle in a war of attrition or settling for field goals will not cut it, because they're awful at both. The secondary can't get off the field on third and long and will likely give up lots of points against halfway decent QB's. Their best defended plays are usually when receivers drop the football.

You seem so unhappy with them...

They have an offense that only stops when their top guys are out.

They have huge home field advantage...

They found a running back, today who fits their scheme....

..and they just beat a decent team despite giving them 2 TDs on a punt fumble and multiple garbage time penalties.

You ddint see today's game for what it was...a very big win under the pressure...of 'overreaction week'

Just mention the 34-9 in 3 years in any Bronco rant

You seem so unhappy with them...

They have an offense that only stops when their top guys are out.

They have huge home field advantage...

They found a running back, today who fits their scheme....

..and they just beat a decent team despite giving them 2 TDs on a punt fumble and multiple garbage time penalties.

You ddint see today's game for what it was...a very big win under the pressure...of 'overreaction week'

I'm happy with the passing offense and run defense.

You can't count on having your top guys all the time. You need depth.

Home field is great, how about going to Foxboro?

Their running back played very well for one game. I'm happy for Anderson. The kid ran hard and the line actually blocked well. We'll see where it goes.

I saw the team get carried again, and make mistakes that will cost them dearly against several others. If the running attack is fixed, at least that's another aspect Denver will have going for them instead of against them.

Special teams and the secondary remain considerable concerns. If both of those were at least respectable, and the run D played regularly like it did tonight, they would be near unstoppable. They are THAT bad that they drag the rest of the team down.

You just cant evaluate team from week to week. It doenst work that way...

You cant say they cant run the ball vs. St. Louis and then when they do run it against Miami, say that's being inconsistent.

No its running the ball.

Even though guys who make a million dollars a year do it on TV all the time. You cannot pass serious judgements on each individual game and change them after the next game.

All teams have flaws. All teams are incomplete. You cant blame other teams for losing and then blame Denver for being 34-9 in

3 years.

You just cant evaluate team from week to week. It doenst work that way...

I don't. I look at what Denver has done this season and what the state of the team is.

The passing game has been reliable almost every game. The one or two times they've been off, the rest of the team did jack all to help aside from the run D.

The run D has been reliable literally every single game.

The special teams have stunk it up every single game.

Denver has, sometimes, been able to run but usually falls flat on their face the next game.

The passing defense has played poorly all season apart from a game here or there.

Inconsistent is being kind to the special teams and passing defense. They are BAD. The running attack at least shows up once in a blue moon.

All teams have flaws.

New England? The closest thing they have to a flaw is their QB gets rattled. To do that, you have to scale a castle wall for 60 minutes.

Arizona is another all around very good team. They're a mediocre QB away from being lethal but have a bad one hampering them.

Cin and STL are another couple of teams not up to snuff of Arz much less NE, but not too bad overall and likewise hindered by garbage QB's. Unless they're playing the Bronco's secondary lol...

New England? The closest thing they have to a flaw is their QB gets rattled. To do that, you have to scale a castle wall for 60 minutes.

Arizona is another all around very good team. They're a mediocre QB away from being lethal but have a bad one hampering them.

Cin and STL are another couple of teams not up to snuff of Arz, but not too bad overall and likewise hindered by garbage QB's. Unless they're playing the Bronco's secondary lol...

LOL  that's funny

LOL  that's funny

It looks like it sometimes. :)  That line just manhandles people.

PHI has some great players on their line, but even then I'd take NE's overall VS theirs. Denver has a great pass blocking line, too, but PHI and NE are the total package.

Meanwhile, in Indy, there goes Luck running for his life again. ._.  At least it's a bit better this year with spurts of looking good. Thank god he can move lol...

I'm happy with the passing offense and run defense.

You can't count on having your top guys all the time. You need depth.

Home field is great, how about going to Foxboro?

Their running back played very well for one game. I'm happy for Anderson. The kid ran hard and the line actually blocked well. We'll see where it goes.

I saw the team get carried again, and make mistakes that will cost them dearly against several others. If the running attack is fixed, at least that's another aspect Denver will have going for them instead of against them.

Special teams and the secondary remain considerable concerns. If both of those were at least respectable, and the run D played regularly like it did tonight, they would be near unstoppable. They are THAT bad that they drag the rest of the team down.

Don't drift into 'First take' world..

No matter how Andrew Luck plays,..Skip Bayless finds fault with it. Too many interceptions. Too many imcompletions. Didnt score fast

enough...His teammates bailed him out.

Its a spin cycle...no matter what the results are you come to the same conclusion../

You have to step back from Denver and say: 8-3, 34-9 in 3 years...

Don't be Skip bayless

Don't drift into 'First take' world..

No matter how Andrew Luck plays,..Skip Bayless finds fault with it. Too many interceptions. Too many imcompletions. Didnt score fast

enough...His teammates bailed him out.

Its a spin cycle...no matter what the results are you come to the same conclusion../

You have to step back from Denver and say: 8-3, 34-9 in 3 years...

Don't be Skip bayless

Luck usually does his job very well in spite of often having no pass blocking to speak of.

Completely different from Denver's ST and Pass D, who usually royally mess things up. Grabbing the onside kick at the end of the game was an anomaly, and was not before they managed to basically give MIA a free TD and blow a short kick. 10 points for free really courtesy of special teams.

34-9 in 3 years...

And almost all of those losses came against more well-rounded* teams than Denver. Three of them New England. If you want a championship, those are the teams you have to beat. Right now, they're not good enough but a run game would certainly improve their chances.

*That one year Denver got royally screwed against an inferior Baltimore team in the playoffs by the most lopsided officiating display I've ever seen. Nothing short of a 24 point swing on bogus calls/non calls.

But if you want a championship I guess you don't beat the Patriots in the AFC title game last year.

well rounded didnt matter in the AFC title game last year, did it

You're doing 'Skip bayless' Judge Denver by the same standards every other team is judged by, Not by standards that change after every game

But if you want a championship I guess you don't beat the Patriots in the AFC title game last year.

Denver was a better team last year.

Better run game (Moreno)

Better returns, better coverage on special teams.

A field goal kicker worth taking the field.

Better coverage.

Their coverage and pass rush should both be improved this year, but they seem to have regressed. The pass rush in particular is really hit or miss.

NE is a better team than least year. For one, Gronk is healthy and was a non factor in the AFC title game. He's their MVP.

Stop yourself.

Denver fumbled returns all the time last 2 or 3 years. Remember Trindon Holliday

I remember YOU saying so. YOU ridiculed his fumbling. remember??

They were short 5 starters defensively in the Super Bowl. They're e better now, Better in coverage Better against the run

Better or worse overall will be decided in January.

Stop yourself.

Denver fumbled returns all the time last 2 or 3 years. Remember Trindon Holliday

I remember YOU saying so. YOU ridiculed his fumbling. remember??

They were short 5 starters defensively in the Super Bowl. They're e better now, Better in coverage Better against the run

Better or worse overall will be decided in January.

Yeah, I did. He had significant fumbling issues and it's a big reason HOU cut him.  He'd also bring them to the house on occasion. Denver also had a field goal kicker who could actually kick field goals. Their coverage is worse now.

The run game is improved. It's one of the best in the league. The secondary is not better in coverage. They are worse.

What does Denver's special teams bring to the table now? Bring a touchback out to the 10 yard line? Shank 30 yard field goals? They're WORSE.

Come on Moose...Don't kid me..

You blasted Holiday. You said he was a liability. Now you tout his good points as an example of a Denver weakness.???

Really?

Starting at the 20 is better than fumbling. I don't think you're being honest with me now...

He was a liability. More than was worth keeping him in the hopes he'd take it to the house because he was just as likely to cough it up.

That's how bad Denver's special teams are now. The ENTIRE UNIT is a liability.

Why all the sour words

What brings you here after a win to blast the team that won.

To whine that Denver isn't perfect. I know that.

34-9 speaks for itself.....even if their wins don't matter because they're somehow not good enough.

I know they'll always be losers to you but 34-9 is 34-9 . You are what your record says you are.

He was a liability. More than was worth keeping him in the hopes he'd take it to the house because he was just as likely to cough it up.

But you admit that you've flipped on this Holiday issue. You changed your mind from last season.

But you admit that you've flipped on this Holiday issue. You changed your mind from last season.

Uh. No? He was a liability and I'm glad they got rid of him.

He was a black eye on an otherwise not too bad special teams unit as a whole. Now ALL OF IT IS BAD. The only saving grace is an "ok" punter.

Overstatement....the entire team special teams until of Denver is not a liability, Skip