Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

thornton misses second day of practice

CR91

Harrison replaced Thornton immediately after he was hurt.  They showed Harrison as soon as they came back from the commercial break.  Meredith came in when they went to jumbo packages and he had to report as an extra linemen.

I don't believe so.  This picture is taken from the first half and I don't believe Meredith is merely being used as an extra lineman on this play.

Meredith is #64

1411327676006-25-Colts21-mk.JPG

I don't believe so.  This picture is taken from the first half and I don't believe Meredith is merely being used as an extra lineman on this play.

Meredith is #64

1411327676006-25-Colts21-mk.JPG

Not to be nitpicky, but how would a pic of him in the normal line vs. as an extra lineman in a jumbo set look different?

Just believe me on this one. 

Lance Louis is a LG so I would hope the Colts wouldn't put him in.  I think the plan originally was to have Reitz be the primary backup on the left side (both guard and tackle) and Nixon as the primary back-up on the right side (both guard and tackle) and then have Louis, Harrison as additionaly back-ups.  Obviously with injuries that plan doesn't work.

I don't think moving Shipley over there is an option.  Mainly because why change two positions to account for one injury?  I would not be suprised to see Homes fill in if Thornton can't go.