Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Each Loss brings us closer...

Bleedin Blue

They tried to resign him? They gave him one offer he said no and that was the end of that. If they really wanted him they would have made it work $ wise. They relized they were better off withouthim. Anybody who watched Luck at Stanford saw he was the better qb. Plus like now he had to overcome pep's stupidity as a OC RG3 played in the garbag BIG12 where Luck was playing in the Pac12 which is much stronger. Who has seattle signed that were other teams cast offs on the D side of the ball especially in the secondary? what about D'Qwell Jackson ? Grigson signed him and the guy has gotten beat both games like he stole something was that one of his " good additions"? How bout signing 35 year old Mike Adams to start at S another good addition?

No GM gets it right 100% of the time. When it comes to Toler, the Cards did offer him a contract. That counts for something. Sometimes, the money doesn't work. The seahawks have gone after other teams castoffs. Marshawn Lynch was essentially that in Buffalo, thus he was traded. All teams are searching for talent. The schemes that teams use can make marginal players seem really good.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no but it was pep who called the offensive play

you sure about that?  Luck has been calling audibles and making adjustments at the LOS quite a bit in both the Denver and Philly games.  

His first draft he did well? He drafted the best qb on the board not exactly genius move. He has to stop drafting guys that have played football for only 5 years in the first rd (Werner). He also has to stop drafting d-linman that weigh the same as most rb;s Drafting d-line guys that way 260lbs is a waste.

Others have covered it, but he has not drafted a defensive lineman at 260 lbs.  Werner and Newsome were often listed as DE's but they do not play as DE's in our defense except in sub packages, which is where they should be playing DE.  Also, the Werner comment makes no sense either.  Werner is the only player that Grigson has drafted in the first round with only 5 years playing experience.  Second, Werner had a 1st round grade that entire season all the way up to draft day.  Third, there are always players with limited playing experience drafted in the first round.  Ziggy Ansah immediately comes to mind.

He also made the choice to hire Hamilton who is clearly not ready to be a OC in the NFL and Manusky who just flat out is useless as a D.C. Who rushes 4 guys when your secondary consist of guys who at best are practice squad players

Built a Solid team? The db's are cast off and rejects from other teams Toller has been useless since he got here. Mike Adams playing at S? Building a solid team with a 35 year old guy starting at Safety?

Mike Adams was brought in as a safety net in case neither Sergio Brown nor Delano Howell clearly grabbed the starting spot.  Ever heard of a "stop-gap" player?  Toler was solid last year before getting hurt and has been solid this year.  

Really? Was it Luck who called the play? Was it Luck who decided which plays r called? Pep calls a run and we are still up by 10

Yes, Luck has been calling some of the plays.  It was discussed all offseason that Luck would be given much more autonomy and control of the offense, both in game-planning and at the Line of scrimmage.  He's called audibles and made adjustments several times in both the Denver and Philly games.

Clearly it was not our coaching staff who called the plays that had us leading for most of the game. All the good drives were clearly called by some mysterious alien, and only the bad plays were called by Pep etc. That is definitely what happened. I'm a forum poster and know everything.

I'm pretty sure, now that Luck has more authority at the LOS, that all good plays will be credited as great adjustments by Luck and all bad plays will obviously be Pep's fault.

Colts will be in the playoffs without a doubt.  Why are people worried?  We played the 2 of the best 3 offenses in the league (Other being ours), it's nothing to be stressing about, considering we couldve won both games, we just need to make less mistakes and play more consistent.  How about this if we lose to Jax or Tenn then lets start to worry, but I promise Colts will be slaying teams starting on Sunday.

swOpVnS.png

0-2 is pretty much a death sentence

for the bad teams yes.  That's why the number is low.  We have 7 teams 0-2, 4 are bad.  3 were playoff teams this year. That says one of 3 teams, Colts, Saints, Chiefs, will get in. Ithink Colts can do it.  I also feel Saints can to.  So we can skew that % up just a touch if both Colts and saints get on a roll.  The Cjhiefs I don't think will get in, and join Jags, Raiders, Giants, and the Bucs in the mire.

Interesting to note that before th season began, Saints  6-1 to win SB.  Colts were 8-1.  Now Colts are 18-1, but Saints are still 6-1.  So Vegas thinks New Orleans is quite alright, but are less bullish on us now,

Butler has been a great nickel for us so I don't see the problem there. Yea, Landry struggled in Washington, but then he went to NYJ for a year and made the pro bowl. Also, while its easy to pick names in hindsight, who was Grigson going to sign that would be such a huge improvement over Toler? Davis has played much better and consistent lately. When you play your corner on an island then sometimes the corner will get burned. Its unrealistic to expect him to completely shut out every receiver every week.

As far as the Luck pick, there were several people who were fans of RG3 including Polian apparently. Based on his previous statements, it is likely that Polian would have kept Peyton and used the pick elsewhere or maybe he cuts Peyton and drafts RG3. Both of those scenarios cripple the Colts over a long period of time. I think Grigson deserves credit for blowing it up, picking Luck and dedicating himself to the necessary long term rebuild.

That is why Polian is no longer an NFL gm because he thought RG3 was better than Luck when guys like Kiper, Schefter Clayton and La Canfora all said Luck was the number1 slam dunk pick. You think the Rams are not laughing at Wash for making that trade? I will say Davis has looked better.

you sure about that?  Luck has been calling audibles and making adjustments at the LOS quite a bit in both the Denver and Philly games.  

Others have covered it, but he has not drafted a defensive lineman at 260 lbs.  Werner and Newsome were often listed as DE's but they do not play as DE's in our defense except in sub packages, which is where they should be playing DE.  Also, the Werner comment makes no sense either.  Werner is the only player that Grigson has drafted in the first round with only 5 years playing experience.  Second, Werner had a 1st round grade that entire season all the way up to draft day.  Third, there are always players with limited playing experience drafted in the first round.  Ziggy Ansah immediately comes to mind.

Mike Adams was brought in as a safety net in case neither Sergio Brown nor Delano Howell clearly grabbed the starting spot.  Ever heard of a "stop-gap" player?  Toler was solid last year before getting hurt and has been solid this year.  

Yes, Luck has been calling some of the plays.  It was discussed all offseason that Luck would be given much more autonomy and control of the offense, both in game-planning and at the Line of scrimmage.  He's called audibles and made adjustments several times in both the Denver and Philly games.

I'm pretty sure, now that Luck has more authority at the LOS, that all good plays will be credited as great adjustments by Luck and all bad plays will obviously be Pep's fault.

Werner had a grade A draft rating all the way to day1? So did Gino toretta and Andre Ware how did that work out for those 2?

See my post above about our D-Line, none of them are below 290lbs. And again, why do you have to end up clarifying everything that you say with an insult? It really doesn't help your cause, unless that is to make yourself look bad, then by all means, you are succeeding.

Point is the Colts d-line gets tossed around like rag dolls by the other teams o-line and rushing 3 guys with the lack of talent the Colts have in the d-backfield will not lead to wins

That is why Polian is no longer an NFL gm because he thought RG3 was better than Luck when guys like Kiper, Schefter Clayton and La Canfora all said Luck was the number1 slam dunk pick. You think the Rams are not laughing at Wash for making that trade? I will say Davis has looked better.

I agree, but my point is that Grigson made the right move. People can say it was a no-brainer but it wasn't and therefore Grigson deserves credit. Every pick is a complete guess based on what scouts have seen. While I would assume that St Louis is pleased with their return, I don't think they're laughing as they're likely going to have yet another high pick since Bradford is out. The Rams made a move to improve their team around Bradford but now he may potentially have to be replaced, which is too bad because I'm a fan of his and believe he could be the best quarterback in his division.

Point is the Colts d-line gets tossed around like rag dolls by the other teams o-line and rushing 3 guys with the lack of talent the Colts have in the d-backfield will not lead to wins

Actually our DL doesn't get tossed around, they just don't get fast enough penetration, especially on the outsides where Mathis was our ONLY pass rush.

I truly think Werner is being played out of position in the Rush backer spot. I think he would do much better as a future replacement for Walden. I think if we had someone even remotely close to Mathis' skill set in the Rush Backer spot right now, our Defense would be leaps and bounds better.

Butler has been a great nickel for us so I don't see the problem there. Yea, Landry struggled in Washington, but then he went to NYJ for a year and made the pro bowl. Also, while its easy to pick names in hindsight, who was Grigson going to sign that would be such a huge improvement over Toler? Davis has played much better and consistent lately. When you play your corner on an island then sometimes the corner will get burned. Its unrealistic to expect him to completely shut out every receiver every week.

As far as the Luck pick, there were several people who were fans of RG3 including Polian apparently. Based on his previous statements, it is likely that Polian would have kept Peyton and used the pick elsewhere or maybe he cuts Peyton and drafts RG3. Both of those scenarios cripple the Colts over a long period of time. I think Grigson deserves credit for blowing it up, picking Luck and dedicating himself to the necessary long term rebuild.

Butler has been avg at best.  As for Landry,Making the pro bowl one yr is ok but nothing to write home bout.

Actually our DL doesn't get tossed around, they just don't get fast enough penetration, especially on the outsides where Mathis was our ONLY pass rush.

I truly think Werner is being played out of position in the Rush backer spot. I think he would do much better as a future replacement for Walden. I think if we had someone even remotely close to Mathis' skill set in the Rush Backer spot right now, our Defense would be leaps and bounds better.

They don't get fast enough penetration because they r getting flung around by the other teams bigger and stronger O-line. Also it comes back to Manusky rushing 3 guys half the time

Butler has been avg at best.  As for Landry,Making the pro bowl one yr is ok but nothing to write home bout.

As an outside corner, then yes I believe he is average; however, as nickel where he is much more comfortable, he plays fantastic when covering those slot receivers a majority of the time. I also don't think going to a single pro bowl is super impressive however you seemed to act as if he was simply some scrub but the fact he went to the pro bowl the season before dispels that notion.  

As an outside corner, then yes I believe he is average; however, as nickel where he is much more comfortable, he plays fantastic when covering those slot receivers a majority of the time. I also don't think going to a single pro bowl is super impressive however you seemed to act as if he was simply some scrub but the fact he went to the pro bowl the season before dispels that notion.  

he was even Average while he was playing at LSU