Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Kidding Aside

LUVTHESHOE

I promised not to respond to any more of your posts, but I lied. You really know Jack Schmit about anything, and you should go post on Justin Bieber's blog. Or something equivilant.

Sorry guys, I let myself down.

No, I believe what is at issue here are people making opinions off of emotion over facts. People are ticked that their team is having a bad season and want wholesale changes when that is not needed. When making decisions on personel, you need to go off of facts not emotion.

Uhh, did you watch the Eagles yesterday? Vick goes down, Vince Young wins one for them. And the Bears have Matt Forte, plus a nasty defense, so Cutler going down won't keep them out of the playoffs at this point. As for Houston, they never went to the playoffs with Schaub anyways, so who cares?

Why are you still defending these scrub coaches? 0-10, and you're still just guzzling that Caldwell Cool-Aid...

Simple because I don't let emotion influence my opinion. I look at all the facts and if you do that then you can see that the present coaching staff when given a quality healthy team wins. You may not agree with how they do it, but they win and that is all that matters.

Simple because I don't let emotion influence my opinion. I look at all the facts and if you do that then you can see that the present coaching staff when given a quality healthy team wins. You may not agree with how they do it, but they win and that is all that matters.

Basically, you're saying what everyone else is saying....any coaching staff, no matter how terrible it is, can win with Manning out there. We need a coaching staff that knows how to make adjustments when everything is not perfect. A good coaching staff, in my opinion, would not be 0-10 right now. A good coaching staff would find a way to will a couple of wins out of this team. The coaching staff can't take all of the blame for this fiasco. The FO should take some of the blame for not having a capable backup QB expecially when Manning had his first procedure on his neck.

Basically, you're saying what everyone else is saying....any coaching staff, no matter how terrible it is, can win with Manning out there. We need a coaching staff that knows how to make adjustments when everything is not perfect. A good coaching staff, in my opinion, would not be 0-10 right now. A good coaching staff would find a way to will a couple of wins out of this team. The coaching staff can't take all of the blame for this fiasco. The FO should take some of the blame for not having a capable backup QB expecially when Manning had his first procedure on his neck.

This whole idea that a good coaching staff can "will" them is kinda like out there isn't it? It comes down to the makeup of the team and weather it was a good idea or bad, our entire team was based of what Peyton Manning did on the field. He lone dictated everything and without him you have a team out of sync, and won't be in sync until either Peyton returns or the whole system is changed over to a more traditional style NFL team which can't happen overnight. I am also not going to say who should or shouldn't lose their job since I, nor anyone else here has any clue of what they are dealing with or such, no amount of watching a game on tv or in the stands gives us the information required to determine who is good and who is bad.

This whole idea that a good coaching staff can "will" them is kinda like out there isn't it? It comes down to the makeup of the team and weather it was a good idea or bad, our entire team was based of what Peyton Manning did on the field. He lone dictated everything and without him you have a team out of sync, and won't be in sync until either Peyton returns or the whole system is changed over to a more traditional style NFL team which can't happen overnight. I am also not going to say who should or shouldn't lose their job since I, nor anyone else here has any clue of what they are dealing with or such, no amount of watching a game on tv or in the stands gives us the information required to determine who is good and who is bad.

You're still validating my argument that this is a poor coaching staff since Manning was the reason for all of the wins. You're saying that a coaching staff is not needed at all. Also, no team should be built around one player, no matter how good he is.

Just think what if Polian is telling our coaches to give bad calls to tank games just for the first pick in the draft. And then brings them all back next year. Hmmmm thoughts?

No. It's more plausible he knows the current coaches are God-awful and for that reason alone is letting them stick around to get that coveted pick.

You're still validating my argument that this is a poor coaching staff since Manning was the reason for all of the wins. You're saying that a coaching staff is not needed at all. Also, no team should be built around one player, no matter how good he is.

Bro, you're so wasting your time with this kid. He is completely devoid of reason (he has some logic, but no reasoning capability whatsoever).

I promised not to respond to any more of your posts, but I lied. You really know Jack Schmit about anything, and you should go post on Justin Bieber's blog. Or something equivilant.

Sorry guys, I let myself down.

Understandable, been there, done that!It is like a vortex, Thats it!!vortex4192.

What is your skill set to determine this staff is so good. My lord you are Bill Polian, hey go check the record for the last 30 games an get back with me. O n second thought don't.

All should stay, all produced and did thier jobs when the team was healthy, it's unfair to judge them based off a season when your top player doesn't even step on the field. Let them have a chance to prove themselves next year.

They have had chances to prove themselves for over 2 years, since 14-0. And they have done NOTHING. 12-20.

And it's not just the record, it's the way they DON'T play...SMART...

Or it's the way they DO play...DUMB..

Undiscipllned, out of control, over-reacting, (roll outs, counters, and cut-backs get big yards against us)

Do you WATCH this team play?, or do you just lalalalala. Do they even LOOK professional to you?

When it comes to knowing what ability a professional football coach has or doesn't have, it takes more then just watching them from the seats in the stadium or from your home on TV. To even begin to think we have a full grasp or what is all involved is well laughable at best. We are fans, that is it, we watch the games and root on the team. We have zero ability to judge job performance or player ability given we have such limited information. I have faith that those men in charge of the Colts with a background in that profession have a better ability to judge the job performance of the coaches and what ever decision they make I will support because that is what "fans" do.

Since my postings are limited becuse I refuse to follow the stream of thought here, I can only hope that those in charge will make the best decision for the franchise, and since I have no reason to believe they won't since history shows they understand the game and what is needed to operate a professional team on a successful level then I will just leave it at that and know come the 2012 season the right decisions will have been made.

When it comes to knowing what ability a professional football coach has or doesn't have, it takes more then just watching them from the seats in the stadium or from your home on TV. To even begin to think we have a full grasp or what is all involved is well laughable at best. We are fans, that is it, we watch the games and root on the team. We have zero ability to judge job performance or player ability given we have such limited information. I have faith that those men in charge of the Colts with a background in that profession have a better ability to judge the job performance of the coaches and what ever decision they make I will support because that is what "fans" do.

Since my postings are limited becuse I refuse to follow the stream of thought here, I can only hope that those in charge will make the best decision for the franchise, and since I have no reason to believe they won't since history shows they understand the game and what is needed to operate a professional team on a successful level then I will just leave it at that and know come the 2012 season the right decisions will have been made.

This rationale is insane and tired. You keep repeating the same tired, lame stuff thread after thread after thread after thread. You're the worst kind of fan there is, you question nothing and just blindly follow along because that's what "fan" does? No. That's what lemmings do.

Lemmings_qjpreviewth.jpg

All we have to look at is that whopping 0-10 record to know that this coaching staff is not cutting it. We can also look at the defensive and special teams performance to know that those coaches aren't cutting it. Someone has to be held accountable. Either the FO isn't giving the coaches the players that they would like so their schemes will work or they are given the players that they want and they just don't know how to coach. Frankly, I think it's a bit of both. The FO and coaching staff leaned on Manning to cover up their inadequacies and they are being exposed without him.

This rationale is insane and tired. You keep repeating the same tired, lame stuff thread after thread after thread after thread. You're the worst kind of fan there is, you question nothing and just blindly follow along because that's what "fan" does? No. That's what lemmings do.

Lemmings_qjpreviewth.jpg

Thank' s alot a just spewed water all over my monitor! And unlike our coach, I can be fired for the destruction of corporate goods.

All we have to look at is that whopping 0-10 record to know that this coaching staff is not cutting it. We can also look at the defensive and special teams performance to know that those coaches aren't cutting it. Someone has to be held accountable. Either the FO isn't giving the coaches the players that they would like so their schemes will work or they are given the players that they want and they just don't know how to coach. Frankly, I think it's a bit of both. The FO and coaching staff leaned on Manning to cover up their inadequacies and they are being exposed without him.

This is true and at the end of this year our record over the last 27 games will be 12-25 and only 59% played without Peyton. Surely anyone with a thread of common sense can see the result of that. An end to deer season! for good, I hope.

Well, maybe YOU have zero ability to judge job performanc or player ability, buuut......

It's a bottom line business. You lose, you're gone. You win you stay, maybe with a raise.

The decisions for 2012 will be made by those in charge. They may hit, but I'm gonna help 'em. They may miss, in which case it's their fault. That's the way things are.

None is so great that they cannot learn from the least among us.

Well, maybe YOU have zero ability to judge job performanc or player ability, buuut......

It's a bottom line business. You lose, you're gone. You win you stay, maybe with a raise.

The decisions for 2012 will be made by those in charge. They may hit, but I'm gonna help 'em. They may miss, in which case it's their fault. That's the way things are.

None is so great that they cannot learn from the least among us.

What makes you think that any fan has any ability to judge, rate or know the level of coaching by any professional coach? Unless that fan has a background in the sport with significant years on that level or close to that level there is no way especially given the lack of full inside information to make a sound judgement. We are fans, nothing more, we are entertained by our team each time they play and that is it. Not one fan in the stands or at home could walk into the Colts complex on Monday and even have a clue at what a coach does, what needs to be done and how to run a team.

I do agree that coaches are hired and fired based off of what and how their team performs to a degree. Not in all cases is that true but most. The Colts I put into the category as not most. We don't have a "typical" owner, our GM is unique on his own. Our entire franchise over the past decade was built like few others have ever been and all of that is involved with the decision making process in whom will coach this team next year. In the end I do think a few coaches will either resign or fired, but I also would not be shocked to see most back and then lets see what happens, because in the end those running the show will do what is best for the franchise.

What makes you think that any fan has any ability to judge, rate or know the level of coaching by any professional coach? Unless that fan has a background in the sport with significant years on that level or close to that level there is no way especially given the lack of full inside information to make a sound judgement. We are fans, nothing more, we are entertained by our team each time they play and that is it. Not one fan in the stands or at home could walk into the Colts complex on Monday and even have a clue at what a coach does, what needs to be done and how to run a team.

I do agree that coaches are hired and fired based off of what and how their team performs to a degree. Not in all cases is that true but most. The Colts I put into the category as not most. We don't have a "typical" owner, our GM is unique on his own. Our entire franchise over the past decade was built like few others have ever been and all of that is involved with the decision making process in whom will coach this team next year. In the end I do think a few coaches will either resign or fired, but I also would not be shocked to see most back and then lets see what happens, because in the end those running the show will do what is best for the franchise.

If you can judge and say that the coaching staff and FO are doing a great job then others can also judge and say that the coaching staff and FO are doing a horrible job. Why is it OK for you to judge them but anyone who has a negative comment is not allowed to judge them?

If you can judge and say that the coaching staff and FO are doing a great job then others can also judge and say that the coaching staff and FO are doing a horrible job. Why is it OK for you to judge them but anyone who has a negative comment is not allowed to judge them?

My view is that I am willing to allow those in charge to decide if the coaching staff is worthy of coming back and whatever their decision is I will support. If the whole staff gets canned, fine, if some, fine if they all come back that is fine. My view is it is unfair to judge a coaching staff on their performance when they don't have all their players healthy and available. I doubt few could do their job when missing key parts like the Colts have.

Those running the franchise dont ways know what is the best. They are ordinary people who just have enough money to own the team. That money doesnt mean they are smarter than us fans necessarily. For the coaches, it seems they do not make adjustments, and do not seem to add any real contribution to the team. I havnt heard one analyst on tv or radio or writer say anything specific on what one of these coaches does well. Fans should evalate the team b/c they are the ones pumping money into the team. It is also the owner's responsibility to let fans control the team, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt listen to their voice.

My view is that I am willing to allow those in charge to decide if the coaching staff is worthy of coming back and whatever their decision is I will support. If the whole staff gets canned, fine, if some, fine if they all come back that is fine. My view is it is unfair to judge a coaching staff on their performance when they don't have all their players healthy and available. I doubt few could do their job when missing key parts like the Colts have.

When a coach doesn't have all his players healthy and available is the best time to evaluate him. Injuries are a part of the game and no excuse for poor performance. Injuries are a constant and star players go down every year though some teams have more than others. You can really evaluate a coach and see that coach's true resolve when conditions aren't perfect. Manning goes down and the entire team falls apart, not just the offense. There is no excuse for this. If this coaching staff were somehow able to not go 0-10 and win maybe 6 games without Manning I would say that they did a good job given the circumstances. Unfortunately, they are 0-10 and look like they will be 0-16 in the end. The players look lost, uninspired, pathetic like someone forget to tell them that Manning was the real reason they won all of the regular season games.

You wouldn't be satisfied at all if the anyone on this staffed got fired because all of your posts are praising everyone on the staff and the FO. This season is no abberation. Most fans knew that we suck without Peyton and were wondering how we were going to transition into the post Manning era. We just kept our fingers crossed and hoped that Manning never got hurt so we could enjoy this ride for 4-5 more years and maybe get a couple more Superbowl rings before the post Manning era began.

Easy. I see 'em, I judge 'em. I'm that smart.....