Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Everyone Saying We Have A Slim Chance Of Getting Andrew Luck

I'm curious about why you think that. Is it because you believe we won't get the number 1 over-all pick or you don't think the Colts would take him? In my opinion, there are only 2 games we even have a shot at winning (both against Jacksonville). And we're not even favored tomorrow (not that I have a lot of faith in a spread, but we are the underdog).

We have 7 potential wins left on the schedule. This is the NFL. There's not a huge gap from one team to another.

I don't think we will get Andrew Luck because I don't think we will have the worst record. Also, I don't think that we would draft him if we had the number 1 pick because of Peyton Manning. Jim Irsay loves Peyton, as most colts fans do. Except for a few people on this supposable colts "fan forum..."

We have 7 potential wins left on the schedule. This is the NFL. There's not a huge gap from one team to another.

I don't think we will get Andrew Luck because I don't think we will have the worst record. Also, I don't think that we would draft him if we had the number 1 pick because of Peyton Manning. Jim Irsay loves Peyton, as most colts fans do. Except for a few people on this supposable colts "fan forum..."

and if we lose tomorrow there is no one left that we can beat

Dont try and make it like were fake fans if we want the colts to draft luck. Just becuse Manning is old, were in the rebuilding stage, and you cant accept the fact that Manning isnt going to Play forever doesnt give you the right to say were fake fans. And even if manning comes back he will play 2 years max

Okay...now that we lost the home game to Jacksonville, we're a little closer to the number 1 over-all pick.

Assuming we get the number 1 pick and Peyton comes back healty as ever, what would be anyone's best guess as to how many picks we might get to trade our number one over-all pick? I've only really been heavy into watching and following football since drafting Manning several years ago. I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs of trading picks, etc. as we've been pretty darn goof for a long time. I would assume a team with a poor record would be most interested in securing our number 1 pick. That team would have a high pick too. Couldn't we get there high pick and more for our number 1 pick?

Dont try and make it like were fake fans if we want the colts to draft luck. Just becuse Manning is old, were in the rebuilding stage, and you cant accept the fact that Manning isnt going to Play forever doesnt give you the right to say were fake fans. And even if manning comes back he will play 2 years max

I agree with Oobie. I was in the Navy in 1984 and was watching television when a news alert came on... it stated that some Mayflower moving vans were spotted moving the Baltimore Colts to Indianapolis. That is the very millisecond that I became an Indianapolis Colts fan. I have cheered and hoped every since. Through Mike Pagel and Frank Kusch, Jack Trudeau, Rod Dowhower, Eric Dickerson, and a score of others. Many were busts, some were brilliant.

Except for a brush with luck under Harbaugh and Marchibroda, the Colts had been a mediocre team... but they were my team and I loved them. Then in 1997 the front office made a genius choice between Manning and Ryan "Blown Gasket" Leaf, followed 2 seasons later with another "crystal ball" pick of Edge over Ricky "Pass me a Twinkie" Williams. Remember when we said that Polian was a genius? What followed was 13 years (so far) of being happy when I went to work on Monday mornings because the Colts won.

I guess the point that I am trying to make is that things change... it doesn't mean that we are not Indianapolis Colts fans if we know that change is coming and hope for the best. We are fans...we will endure.

rotfl.... you could sail the USS Carl Vinson thru the gap between us and the Packers right now.

I wouldn't say they are that much better than us. All we need is a couple of talented players in a few positions of need and we'll be back to the top of the NFL.

I don't know, RW7....the Saints absolutely murdered us..... I don't even want to think about what the Packers could do.

But I hope you're right about reloading our talent because having Peyton out has illuminated some weaknesses some of us didn't think we had.

It looks like we might have the #1 overall pick locked down.... I hope we do the best we can with it.

I don't know, RW7....the Saints absolutely murdered us..... I don't even want to think about what the Packers could do.

But I hope you're right about reloading our talent because having Peyton out has illuminated some weaknesses some of us didn't think we had.

It looks like we might have the #1 overall pick locked down.... I hope we do the best we can with it.

I thought we were going to be pretty good this year even without Peyton Manning. But then our front office shredded our CB corps and got rid of 2 of our top 3 CB's... That's where our main downfall started. Our only big weakness on this team is the secondary. Think of what we could do if we could not only solidify the secondary with our top picks, but also strengthen our minor weaknesses like G and and NT. That's the difference that this next draft gives us. If we trade down from a top 3 pick, then we will be able to address almost all of our needs.

Next year's draft gives us a great opportunity to stack this team with talent so that we can do what Peyton Manning asked us to do when he signed his last contract for less money, surround him with talent.

I thought we were going to be pretty good this year even without Peyton Manning. But then our front office shredded our CB corps and got rid of 2 of our top 3 CB's... That's where our main downfall started. Our only big weakness on this team is the secondary. Think of what we could do if we could not only solidify the secondary with our top picks, but also strengthen our minor weaknesses like G and and NT. That's the difference that this next draft gives us. If we trade down from a top 3 pick, then we will be able to address almost all of our needs.

Next year's draft gives us a great opportunity to stack this team with talent so that we can do what Peyton Manning asked us to do when he signed his last contract for less money, surround him with talent.

Well.... pending Manning's outcome.... I'm open to a trade-down if he is 100% healthy in both his neck and throwing velocity and intends to finish out his 4 years.

If there is ANY uncertainty that he can play beyond 1 or 2 seasons... I think we should just draft Luck and start the rebuild because its doubtful that a bunch of draft prospects will have enough impact soon enough to win another ring with Peyton.

But IMO.... any trade-down should not only include draft picks, but a solid starter at NT preferably, or perhaps a CB or OG.

Trading away the #1 pick carries enough risk that we should absolutely get a good, young NFL starter that fulfills a need as part of any trade-down.... in addition to two first rounders and two second round picks.