Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Davin Joseph?

I know everyone -- myself included -- wants us to get Alex Mack, but it seems more and more likely that we're not going to get him and if we do its going to cost us way to much money.  So I was think what else can we do to shore up the interior on our offensive line?

Insert Davin Joseph, yes he plays guard not center and everyone wants us to get a center.  He was a top 5 guard before injuries and then he got released.  I think at the right price we can bring him in for like 4 million a year he would be our starting left guard and we can find a center in the draft or just roll with Costa for the time being until we find a replacement center.  Thoughts? Maybe? 

Definitely a case where people look at the PFF ranking or whatever and make a determination.  Yes Thomas is coming back and I believe Thornton will prove to be a good guard in 2014 but Davin Joseph is definitely worth a look, IMO.  He was one of the best guards in the NFL through 2011.

Two concerns with him are; obviously he knee.  The fact that he still struggled with it in 2013 is worrisome and two, he is more of a zone blocking guard, I'm not sure how he would do in a power/man blocking scheme.

That was one of the problems with his injury, he has always been one of the most athletic guards who relied on quickness, balance and technique rather than strength.  That knee injury took away his quickness and affected his balance and without it he was pretty pedestrian.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• My 2 cents, 4 counting inflation, on the O-Line...    While I agree with @CR91 regarding injury issues, I also agree with @NewColtsFan that the line is above average. Talk about straddling the fence, lol!  They both make valid points though.   LT: Raimann got a late start in college football due to mandatory military service in Austria. He played his first two seasons as a Tight End before being converted into a Tackle. So he was late in the game at LT coming out of college, 25 at the start of his rookie season. That could be either good or bad, meaning he has room to grow or he may be at his ceiling. I am of the belief he has room to ascend and will.   LG: Q isn't the player that the Colts drafted due to injuries, though he seemed to turn the corner last year. I am of the belief that he will continue to ascend to near All Pro status, though it is tempered.   C; Kelly bounced back last year from injuries, family issues, and concussions(yes, they could be considered injuries). I am of the belief that he will be one of the better Centers in the game this year, though Bortolini may be waiting in the wings.   RG: Fries is considered the "weak link" but played reasonably well last year. Another ascending year is very possible and most likely will price him out of the Colts plans in 2025, especially with Concalves and Bortolini as possible replacements.   RT: Smith showed a warriors heart playing injured last year and hopefully his offseason surgery corrected the issue. He has a 19+ million dollar cap hit next year, so there is extra incentive for him to perform to it and hopefully an extension.   Bench: Concalves and Bortolini come in with solid press clippings, and the ability to play more than one position, but have to show it at the pro level, I believe they will. Freeland was shown the baptism by fire treatment and had mixed results. Let's hope he learned from his mistakes and worked on his strength, as the Swing Tackle spot is up for grabs. I don't rule out a veteran FA to take that spot though, plus Witt is a relative unknown quantity due to missing his rookie campaign.    In conclusion, I could see a very good and deep Offensive Line, though injury and experience concerns are definitely something to be aware of. 
    • Thanks for the write up   I’m surprised that we didn’t grab a FS after Scott went down   With Scott, I felt the group was lacking…..  now it’s a real problem (IMHO)   Im glad you also added LB as a concern   I hope we add to this group in camp via trade or FA pickup after cuts.    We can get by with this core, but we need some added talent   im less concerned with CB, Especially if we get them aircover with an excellent FS   Thanks again for the write up          
    • What part of Ohio?   I was born in Circleville and spent time in Columbus then Cincinnati 
    • Fun fact: The Rocky character was based on Chuck Wepner.   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2095019/  
    • I will take a scene from Rocky 3. 80's and 90's were the best. After Homer gets destroyed by Tatum like Rocky did against Clubber, I walk in and tell Homer, you can't go out like that, we can win the title together like Apollo did. Homer would be like, I don't need this anymore, why you here? I would tell him, you can't pull it off without me because I am the best, you need better training. I am bored but great memories    .   Regarding the Rocky movies, fighters compared to real life fighters by Rolling Stone:   Apollo Creed = Ali Rocky = Rocky Marciano  Clubber = Mike Tyson Drago = Vitali klitchko
  • Members

• TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy 120

• Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life 4,299

• KB

KB 1,152

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,567

• ColtStrong2013

ColtStrong2013 3,571

• twfish