Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unitaswestand

Reminds Me Of Jerry Hughes Situation

See, the thing about Hughes is he isn't going to get on the field in favor of Freeney or Mathis very often. We use a tandem at the DE position. Anderson and Brayton play more on run downs. Freeney and Mathis play more on pass downs. All of those DEs get plenty of breathers. It's not like we need to give Freeney a breather when he only plays half the defensive plays. I'm still not ready to give up on Hughes because when I watch him, he gives a good push up front, he's fast, and he holds his gap well. He will make Mathis expendable next year. Could his draft pick have been used on someone better? Of course, but it doesn't make him a bust yet. Brown is a bust, always has been a bust, and always will be a bust.

Hughes has done zero for this team. Less than that in fact. He'll be cut before next season. Brown has had some (limited) success. Your blind 'love' for Hughes is....er.....blind. Whether they are good or not only points to the fact that we did not need these positional players, and the Polian Company and Sons completely screwed up. At least we needed a LT, but picked the wrong guy.

Sorry, slided off topic there....

I found the stats and it said he had two tackles, did he get much time in the game? Did he put much pressure on the qb?

He saw some action in the 4th quarter. He probably played around 4-6 minutes in the game which is good time for him. One of those tackles was for a loss and it was a 4 or 5 yard loss. Looked decent.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Please explain how athletes benefit from affirmative action?
    • @jimmy g      I was talking about the discussions in my college Political Science classes        
    • I need to fix my post above so it doesn’t get misconstrue. If black lives matter why doesn’t anyone care about all the babies being aborted by black woman or the black on black crime. It seems that nobody cares unless it feeds into a agenda.  I have seen several stories of black officers abusing black kids and no one cares. Why is that,
    • More unarmed whites are killed by cops then blacks. 9 compared to 19 last year. No one says racism doesn’t exist but can we quit calling everything racism, Why does Nobody cares about the blacks killing each other or thr 700k black babies killed in the womb every year, This cop was a evil cop. It doesn’t mean he was a racist.   Start making changes in your community,   I didn’t own slaves nor did I murder s black man. I have seen so many whites feeling they need to apologize for nothing they did. I love everyone. My cousin is married to a black man and has biracial kids. 
    • I'll give you the same 'Come On Man!'  That I told a co-worker a few years ago. We were talking, and he, as a 25 year old- told me "You've never been a slave, like I have".   He had dropped out of college on an athletic scholarship. I was working a full time job and a permanent part time job to put my kids thru college. We both had identical jobs on the loading dock. We both made identical rates of union pay. He had a nicer car and nicer cell phone than I. Yet he considered that he was a slave. Slavery was abolished in 1865. ...  it was an attitude that someone had taught him - to be a victim.  No one was holding him back, but himself.
  • Members