Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 02/11 "Beatlemania Weekend" #5

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   SORRY TWODAYS "TWOSDAY TWOFER" IS BEING POSTED LATE THIS WEEK !!

:blueshoe:   1.  Biggest surprize on the "Beatles Tribute" show Sunday night ??

:blueshoe:   2.  Biggest disappointment on the "Beatles Tribute" show Sunday night ??

PS.  "Beatles Tribute" show is being re-aired Wednesday night on CBS !!

Good effort PAC, but nope, not really a difference maker. I don't enjoy their music, hated their persona, and they didn't even last 10 years.

Perhaps my strong preference for the Stones has something to do with it!

Fair enough....I liked the Stones too, and wound up more of a prog rock Floyd/ELP/Yes/Tull fan as the 60s and 70s moved along.

But in 1965 my Dad took me and my cousins to the World's Fair in Flushing Meadows, NY and at the end of the day, just when we thought the fun was over...he popped out tickets for the Beatles show at nearby Shea Stadium.

The concert itself amounted to a bunch of flashbulbs and screaming women. I wasn't quite as struck by Beatlemania as the ladies were, but I liked a lot of their songs and the memory holds a special place for sure.

Fair enough....I liked the Stones too, and wound up more of a prog rock Floyd/ELP/Yes/Tull fan as the 60s and 70s moved along.

But in 1965 my Dad took me and my cousins to the World's Fair in Flushing Meadows, NY and at the end of the day, just when we thought the fun was over...he popped out tickets for the Beatles show at nearby Shea Stadium.

The concert itself amounted to a bunch of flashbulbs and screaming women. I wasn't quite as struck by Beatlemania as the ladies were, but I liked a lot of their songs and the memory holds a special place for sure.

Good choices in there sir. Pictures at an Exhibition and Relics were two of the first albums I owned, and a little later, Fragile. Never owned or listened to a full Tull album, although a song about never being too old to rock n roll rings a bell...

Saw the Stones in the summer at Hyde Park and they were great. Keef had a few lapses mind you, but Ronnie covered him well!