Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 02/10 "Beatlemania Weekend" #4

sb41champs

I saw it!! OK Musicians around here especially you guitar players at least check this out and I'm asking if you cart it?

Brad Paisley's out of tune guitar on the Grammys Honor The Beatles last night.

Anyone who's worked a large gig with quick turnovers like that has seen it happen or had it happen to them. A guitar tech or the player themselves accidentally knocks a tuning peg right before going on Live TV or onstage. At that point you're stuck-the bullet's out of the gun. What I personally heard was Brad going though extraordinary efforts to bend that out of tune string up to pitch during his solo. He made it for the most part and I'll forgive him and understand that little burble at the end.
Frankly, after the "supposed controversy" at the Super Bowl of the RHCP playing with unplugged guitars( Flea later posted that they were making a gesture after the NFL insisted they mime to a prerecorded live performance) I really don't know what people want. Live Music sometimes means you have to take a little bit of imperfection. I'm cool with that. Brad is a great guitar player who, like Keith Urban, loves the guitar enough to make it a centerpiece of what he does and not a prop. Good for both of them! 
Maybe some 8 year old kid was watching last night and will beg his parents for a guitar like this 8 year old did 50 years ago. Now, THAT would be cool!