Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curtis Painter Was Our Leading Rusher

WSO

You'd think that with the Colts wanting to improve the running game they would actually...oh idk...run the ball more instead of having your 6th round clipboard holder throw the ball 45 times? The season's already a bust so why not start running the ball 30-40 times a game, instead of the 15 or so attempts per game. It's actually quite pathetic. No opposing defenses respect our run game because we don't run near as much as we should. Once again our lame coaching philosophies are a** backwards. We could afford to throw that much with Peyton...but with Painter? Pffffffftt....

The running game has been good thus far. He had a couple of big runs today, and he'd be the leading rusher on a bunch of teams today with those numbers. Good to see he can do that, and that showed me that he really wanted to win! Didn't start well, but I like the fight he's got!

Did Carter get hurt and I missed it? That's the only reason (besides inept coaching) that I can think of that you'd have a running back averaging 5.1 ypc but only getting the ball 9 times.

Jason..you know I love Brown...

but on 2nd and 1...why is he not in?

..and our running backs are open after a play fake 1/2 the time no matter who they are..

We dont throw to them...We are so slow-thinking on offense now..

Jason..you know I love Brown...

but on 2nd and 1...why is he not in?

..and our running backs are open after a play fake 1/2 the time no matter who they are..

We dont throw to them...We are so slow-thinking on offense now..

You know honestly I liked the call of Brown on 2nd and 1 and here's why....a lot of times on 2nd and 1, the offense will use that as a free play and go play action and take a shot down field. I think putting Brown in was the running equivalent of that. They put in the guy who has the better home-run speed so if maybe he breaks a tackle or 2 then maybe he turns that into a huge gain. If not, then you still have 3rd and short so you can still bring in Carter to pound out that last yard or run the QB sneak. Now, I could be giving the coaches way too much credit on this and if the rest of the game was any indication then I probably am. However if they did it on purpose, then I liked the call. lol

You know honestly I liked the call of Brown on 2nd and 1 and here's why....a lot of times on 2nd and 1, the offense will use that as a free play and go play action and take a shot down field. I think putting Brown in was the running equivalent of that. They put in the guy who has the better home-run speed so if maybe he breaks a tackle or 2 then maybe he turns that into a huge gain. If not, then you still have 3rd and short so you can still bring in Carter to pound out that last yard or run the QB sneak. Now, I could be giving the coaches way too much credit on this and if the rest of the game was any indication then I probably am. However if they did it on purpose, then I liked the call. lol

Jason...

Brown looked just like Chris Johnson today

..and that's not a compliment...

He's trying to break the 70-yard run on EVERY Play...

..and in trying to pick up 20 or 30..he gets stopped at the line...

He ran hard on that TD...but why is it they dont put him in the slot and throw him the ball once in awhile on that wide receiver screen pass?