Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton wins 2nd 2013 AFC player of month, a record NFL 8 times, yet 4 came in last 2 years as a Bronco = that of Colt career

bayone

I find it shocking as thought Colts offense was always considered overpowering yet he  won in 2 years as bronco what achieved in entire colt career , ans did so post all his surgeries , rehab etc

=============================================================================

Manning has another distinction to add to his December – AFC Offensive Player of the Month.

The quarterback earned the award on Thursday for an NFL-record eighth time in his career. It’s the fourth time that Manning has been honored with the award as a Bronco, and the second time in 2013

– he also earned AFC Offensive Player of the Month honors for September earlier this season

For the month of December, Manning completed 145-of-214 passes for 1,755 yards and 19 touchdowns against just three interceptions. He threw for four-or-more touchdowns in all but one game, leading the Broncos to a 4-1 record in that span.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-Named-AFC-Offensive-Player-of-the-Month/8106ea3b-0e6f-4518-87a9-9894eca3ab55

I find it shocking as thought Colts offense was always considered overpowering yet he  won in 2 years as bronco what achieved in entire colt career , ans did so post all his surgeries , rehab etc

=============================================================================

Manning has another distinction to add to his December – AFC Offensive Player of the Month.

The quarterback earned the award on Thursday for an NFL-record eighth time in his career. It’s the fourth time that Manning has been honored with the award as a Bronco, and the second time in 2013

– he also earned AFC Offensive Player of the Month honors for September earlier this season

For the month of December, Manning completed 145-of-214 passes for 1,755 yards and 19 touchdowns against just three interceptions. He threw for four-or-more touchdowns in all but one game, leading the Broncos to a 4-1 record in that span.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-Named-AFC-Offensive-Player-of-the-Month/8106ea3b-0e6f-4518-87a9-9894eca3ab55

You make a good point Barry. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen feels pretty good about his financial investment in 18 right now.  :thmup:  I don't believe he thinks he overpaid for Peyton Manning's expertise at all. I'm still impressed or most impressed when Manning had that bursa sac knee surgery in 2008 with INDY & then he accumulated like 8-9 wins just to make the Playoffs that year. I had the same surgery myself & it take a while to feel normal again once the knee heals. 

Has any NFL official raised any more concerns about Peyton's last lateral pass vs the Raiders? I'm just curious how that matter is being resolved....Nice work Yoda! Nice work.  ;)  18 has had a nice regular season & he does deserve recognition for that fact. 

Slightly off topic, but I wish when the NFL did highlight videos with superstar athletes in this league that they always made it mandatory to include the artist & the song title with each accompanying song. I will hear a song & go man that is good. I wonder what band is laying down that track & what the actual track title is?

That's 1 good thing I will say about ESPN First Take: They always include citation material for their tracks when they cut to a TV commericial & I appreciate that. 

My other pet peeve in this: Whenever I watch SNF on NBC with Al Michaels & Cris Collinsworth, they will play brief sequences of songs that I know that are good & I make a Jeopardy name that tune out of a commercial break....But sometimes, it really bugs me when I know a song & need more time or a longer duration to figure it out.

All NFL shows should be required to list the songs they play or allow fans to long onto a website for that months featured songs like radio DJs list their songs played on a daily or weekly basis. JMO.

It would a good way to discover new talent too like wow, that is crazy good man. Who is that? Also, include all musical genres here: Blues, reggae, Big Band, Punk, Country, Jazz, Techno, Hip Hop, Rap, Blue Grass, Rock, Heavy Metal, whatever you can think of to expand a person's horizons etc. 

Broncos think they underpaid i heard in a so called expert video from people not associated with broncos supposedly in the know , Broncos Denver Post section has said same thing too, this was mid season this year, if not for all the defensive issues / injuries & Fax fiasco  they would of  had a really ballanced team, & I still say Lacy Over Ball but 1 year doesnt say it all, But Lacy is Balling and that short yardage stuff he is great at he is so big, and great at goal lines etc

Peyton also mhas thrown at least 1 TD in every game as a Bronco, ok this year but last year coming back and to new team that played witrh a QB called Tebow and had no idea what route running is shows how great he is at teaching WR etc & elevating players

Brock coming in on Sunday and getting 3 points in 1/2 of football afterv studying under Peytron shows that 2nd pick of 2012 was a waste to me and could of really shored up the team better

Post bursa sact that may have been year Peyton could go to training camp nor preseason, started of like 2 & 4 only do to mitacler  combacks Vs Vikings & texans, Like QB  Sage Rosenthal trying to helicopter over colt d nbear red zone loses ball and we take it back d for a TD , Peyton may have won the lst X straight games that yaer to get in

off topic

listen dont expect me, got alot of that u dont want to hear what the dr said on 12/31 stuff  Re mom health and had me come to look me in eye to talk frank, -- we made a course of action hopefully will help but wasnt a great New Years eve , this isnt the place to talk about details, but if gone, doesnt mean nothing bad hapened, but needed more than ever elswhere

Go Colts , Go Peyton

PS u will enjoy this article, Esp the sentiment behind it from his new team

Now Leaving Bye

The Chapter of Manning

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/the-chapter-of-manning/

You make a good point Barry. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen feels pretty good about his financial investment in 18 right now.  :thmup:  I don't believe he thinks he overpaid for Peyton Manning's expertise at all. I'm still impressed or most impressed when Manning had that bursa sac knee surgery in 2008 with INDY & then he accumulated like 8-9 wins just to make the Playoffs that year. I had the same surgery myself & it take a while to feel normal again once the knee heals. 

Has any NFL official raised any more concerns about Peyton's last lateral pass vs the Raiders? I'm just curious how that matter is being resolved....Nice work Yoda! Nice work.  ;)  18 has had a nice regular season & he does deserve recognition for that fact. 

PS u will enjoy this article, Esp the sentiment behind it from his new team

Now Leaving Bye

The Chapter of Manning

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/the-chapter-of-manning/

"Manning led the Broncos to back-to-back 13-win regular seasons, the first time in Denver history that has been done."

Wow, when you realize that HOF QB John Elway never achieved that milestone himself, it makes what 18 accomplished truly remarkable doesn't it?

Thanks for posting that link Barry. I appreciate it brother.  :thmup:

"Manning led the Broncos to back-to-back 13-win regular seasons, the first time in Denver history that has been done."

Wow, when you realize that HOF QB John Elway never achieved that milestone himself, it makes what 18 accomplished truly remarkable doesn't it?

been on phone with Docs awaiting another , then must go 

Elway didnt hold  all the QB  records , Plummer & Brian Griese had ssome too, Manning broke all

Read carefuly as is on full team records and player records this  year and other players couldn't of got it without Peyon

DT & Megatron only 2 WR with back to back 1400 yard seasons in last 2 years , where was DT before Peyton  

((( that may be from another article, this is just a linbk I have to what i remember as good article on many records  ))))

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/12/31/5255828/broncos-nfl-records-2013-peyton-manning

PS those are this years records, Most everything destroyed last year

Now out the door