Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Butler ILB thoughts?

Another guy to look for is Akeem Jordan out of KC. They might re-sign him, but if not I'd love for Grigs to bring him in. He's a guy that's going under the radar. 

Meh he has not been much better then Sheppard once you take into account number of starts by each player

Another guy to look for is Akeem Jordan out of KC. They might re-sign him, but if not I'd love for Grigs to bring him in. He's a guy that's going under the radar. 

Yeah no. 

please explain to me how he would be better than any of the guys we currently have if we are going to upgrade ILB we need a bonafide good player. 

he is a solid middle of the road journeymen guy. 

Meh he has not been much better then Sheppard once you take into account number of starts by each player

Not really. Jordan has more run stops, higher tackling efficiency (missed tackles/tackles), and has the highest receptions/cover snaps in the league. Almost all of his coverage numbers are top 10.

Yeah no.

please explain to me how he would be better than any of the guys we currently have if we are going to upgrade ILB we need a bonafide good player.

he is a solid middle of the road journeymen guy.

Yeah yes

13.1% run stop rate (higher than every linebacker on the roster sans Freeman), highest tackling efficiency in the NFL, top ten in every meaningful coverage category.

Not really. Jordan has more run stops, higher tackling efficiency (missed tackles/tackles), and has the highest receptions/cover snaps in the league. Almost all of his coverage numbers are top 10.

Still think I'd try to swing a trade for Henderson honestly for a late round pick (Not sure thats possible however considering Henderson has completely outperformed for going undrafted)

Yeah yes

13.1% run stop rate (higher than every linebacker on the roster sans Freeman), highest tackling efficiency in the NFL, top ten in every meaningful coverage category.

How does Jordan compare to Dansby, Beason, Woodyard, and Spikes as far as coverage?

Personally, I'd like whoever the best is in coverage. Freeman is good enough at stopping the run, so I'd sacrifice the big thumper for the guy that can hang with TEs.

How does Jordan compare to Dansby, Beason, Woodyard, and Spikes as far as coverage?

Personally, I'd like whoever the best is in coverage. Freeman is good enough at stopping the run, so I'd sacrifice the big thumper for the guy that can hang with TEs.

Dansby is much better in coverage (52 of 80 for 520 yards, 4 picks and 10 PDs)

Woodyard and (45 of 61 for 430 yards, 1 pick and 2 PDs) Beason (34 of 44 for 386 yards, 1 pick and 0 PDs) are really bad in coverage. 

Spikes is about average in coverage. (18 of 27 for 191 yards, 1 INT, 1 PD) but is probably the best run defender in the NFL.

I'd be happy with one of either Jordan, Spikes, or Dansby.

Dansby is much better in coverage (52 of 80 for 520 yards, 4 picks and 10 PDs)

Woodyard and (45 of 61 for 430 yards, 1 pick and 2 PDs) Beason (34 of 44 for 386 yards, 1 pick and 0 PDs) are really bad in coverage. 

Spikes is about average in coverage. (18 of 27 for 191 yards, 1 INT, 1 PD) but is probably the best run defender in the NFL.

I'd be happy with one of either Jordan, Spikes, or Dansby.

What were Jordan's coverage stats this year and how did he play in Philly over the past couple years? One concern I have with him is his effectiveness in a defense other than KC's where he's next to Johnson, Houston, and Hali.

Based on your numbers I'm on the Dansby train for the offseason. I know he's old, but he wouldn't be that expensive and could be a Redding-like figure to younger guys. 

What were Jordan's coverage stats this year and how did he play in Philly over the past couple years? One concern I have with him is his effectiveness in a defense other than KC's where he's next to Johnson, Houston, and Hali.

Based on your numbers I'm on the Dansby train for the offseason. I know he's old, but he wouldn't be that expensive and could be a Redding-like figure to younger guys. 

This season he's only been thrown at 12 times for 11 catches and 125 yards. He doesn't get thrown at a lot.

He hasn't been thrown at more than 14 times in a season other than 2008 (24 of 33 for 192 yards) and 2009 (26 of 37 for 187 yards). So if he does give up a catch, it's for minimal gain (7.6 YPC). 

So he's been very good the entire time he's been in the NFL in coverage.