Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Start LaVon Brazill

BlueCollarColts

Marvin was the best route runner in NFL history.  TY is a game changer, but not a great route runner.  TY thrives when he has mismatches, open space, and the ability to run a route with some room off the line.  Basically TY thrives in the slot, I don't think TY would be very good if he was getting blanketed or double-teamed all game -- Marvin used to beat double and triple teams with his great route running and precise timing with Peyton -- TY is simply not there yet.  I like the guy a whole lot, and no doubt he is a game changer -- but he is a game changer when we can create mismatches for him to exploit, he is not (at least not yet) at the point in his career where he is a legitimate #1 threat who we can rely on to beat double/triple teams and tight press coverage by opposing team's top CB -- Marvin (IMO) is a first-ballot HOFer, I don't think we can even start comparing the two at this point.

Ummm every single offensive player thrives on mismatches. That's what's OC's try to to do is provide mismatches on every play. 

I have seen a lot of Hilton and Heyward-Bey as the starters talk, but I disagree and think Brazill should be the starter. Now I still do think Hilton should be the #1 option, but Brazill is bigger at 5'11 and 195 lbs vs the 5'9 178 pound Hilton. Hilton is built for the slot, that is his perfect position, we need to play Brazill on the outside, not Hilton

True. His position is more like a Randy Moss tall position. It's way more threatening. But the only reason he's been able to do it is because he's super fast and hard to catch after he receives the ball...