Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Chargers Simply Outplayed the Colts (and look at the Bright Side)

Andy

I'm not going to go into a full schpiel about the game, but here are couple of big points that I thought the Chargers beat the Colts at:

- Time of possesion was a huge reason why they won. They dominated us in that regard. They did what the Colts did to the 49ers. They kept them off the field using their rushing attack and getting key first downs. They kept Luck and that's why they couldn't score.

- The pressure was there most of the night. They blitzed a lot and it got to Luck. He was able to get the ball off but it wasn't perfect. They outplayed the Colts' O-line.

- Their running game handily beat us with Matthews really leading the way in that regard. Their interior O-line, especially Nick Hardwick, really lead the way their, and I'd go as far as saying they dominated our D-line.

- They showed up at key times.

But let's look at the bright side. The Colts are still 4-2, and have a nice grasp on their division. Through 6 weeks last year, they were 2-3 and 3-3 through 6 games. This is a much better team and it had an off night tonight as the coaches got outplayed, it was on the road and their wasn't any spark to this offense.

I, for one am not too dissatisfied. The Colts weren't going to win every game, and this was a classic trap game. Don't expect to Colts to beat all the opponents that they're "better" than, and vice versa. 

KEEP YOUR HEADS UP!

I agree.

Howell and Harvey looked lost out there and they picked on Greg Toler all night. The Penalties and dropped passes don't help either.

This was kind of a watershed game for this squad, because now they know where they are. It doesn't bury them, but it's a game much like the Miami game, where I'm sure they feel like they left it on the plane (not even the field). 9 points against a statistically  bad D is far more concerning than a good offense only scoring 19 points.