Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

broncos / Cowboys Injury report- Decker cant Practice, best cover LB , Danny Trevathan carted off practice field, bad knee, Bailey no change still LTD

bayone

Decker apparently suffered ankle injury in last game heard on TV & in report DNP

--------------------------------

Saw @JayGlazer's report on Trevathan, which was after Fox's press conference. Does indeed sound like it was significant inj in practice.

" already thin at Linebacker, this is terrible news considering he is our best cover linebacker. "

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/10/2/4795948/denver-broncos-lb-danny-trevathan-injured-in-practice-carted-off-field

backup linebacker Paris Lenon is suffering from a strained quad.

Broncos would likely have Steve Johnson replace Trevathan at weakside linebacker Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24223558/broncos-hold-first-practice-week-prepare-game-vs

Dallas - Miles Austin  LB  Justin Durant, &  DE George Selvie cant  prtactice  

FULL REPORT BOTH TEAMS

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Wednesday-HealthONE-Injury-Report/781d4f37-ffe0-498a-a7b3-182a55c6d4f8

That defense in Denver is very thin. An injury or two from being a typical Colts defense Peyton had during his tenure here. Miller will eventually help that pass rush but man they miss him now. LBs have played very well but that is a bad injury for them. They will miss him a lot. That secondary has slowly but surely been getting exposed a little at a time...and losing their best cover lb is not helping. The defense has looked better because Peyton has given them big leads and allowed them to play downhill...I think Dallas has a good enough QB and passing game to keep this game close.

...from the Denver Post..

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) (10-2-13) The Denver Broncos were relieved weakside linebacker Danny Trevathan's knee injury wasn't serious after he was carted off the field toward the end of Wednesday's practice.

''I'm good! Thanks for all of your concerns (hash)BroncosUp,'' Trevathan tweeted after his MRI came back negative.

Trevathan will likely be listed as questionable for Sunday's game at Dallas.

Teammates initially feared a serious injury to Trevathan, a second-year pro who is having a stellar season.

''It was really tough,'' fellow linebacker Steven Johnson said. ''I mean, when I see Danny go down, we all walked over to him. Practice kind of came to a halt for a good three to five minutes, and we were sitting there, just kind of praying for him.''

According to Pro Football Focus, Trevathan was the league's top 4-3 outside linebacker against the run in the first month of the season. He's also very active in pass coverage. He's second on the team with 30 tackles and 24 unassisted tackles and has a sack, an interception and four pass breakups so far.

Trevathan, a second-year pro from Kentucky, worked his way into the starting lineup this summer when the Broncos moved Wesley Woodyard to middle linebacker and inserted Nate Irving on the strongside with All-Pro Von Miller having to sit out the first six games on a drug suspension.

If Trevathan isn't ready to face the Cowboys (2-2) and quarterback Tony Romo's heavy emphasis on getting the ball to his tight ends and running backs, Johnson could fill in at weakside linebacker or the Broncos (4-0) could insert Paris Lenon into the lineup in the middle and slide Woodyard to Trevathan's spot.

Lenon is dealing with a sore thigh that kept him out of Sunday's game against the Eagles, but he practiced Wednesday and said, ''it's getting there.''

Johnson has only played one snap from scrimmage this season while logging 110 plays on special teams, including a blocked punt which he recovered himself for a touchdown against Philadelphia last week.

---

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) (10-2-13) The Denver Broncos were relieved weakside linebacker Danny Trevathan's knee injury wasn't serious after he was carted off the field toward the end of Wednesday's practice.

''I'm good! Thanks for all of your concerns (hash)BroncosUp,'' Trevathan tweeted after his MRI came back negative.

Teammates initially feared a serious injury to Trevathan, a second-year pro who is having a stellar season.

''It was really tough,'' fellow linebacker Steven Johnson said. ''I mean, when I see Danny go down, we all walked over to him. Practice kind of came to a halt for a good three to five minutes, and we were sitting there, just kind of praying for him.''

According to Pro Football Focus, Trevathan was the league's top 4-3 outside linebacker against the run in the first month of the season. He's also very active in pass coverage. He's second on the team with 30 tackles and 24 unassisted tackles and has a sack, an interception and four pass breakups so far.

Trevathan, a second-year pro from Kentucky, worked his way into the starting lineup this summer when the Broncos moved Wesley Woodyard to middle linebacker and inserted Nate Irving on the strongside with All-Pro Von Miller having to sit out the first six games on a drug suspension.

If Trevathan isn't ready to face the Cowboys (2-2) and quarterback Tony Romo's heavy emphasis on getting the ball to his tight ends and running backs, Johnson could fill in at weakside linebacker or the Broncos (4-0) could insert Paris Lenon into the lineup in the middle and slide Woodyard to Trevathan's spot.

Lenon is dealing with a sore thigh that kept him out of Sunday's game against the Eagles, but he practiced Wednesday and said, ''it's getting there.''

Johnson has only played one snap from scrimmage this season while logging 110 plays on special teams, including a blocked punt which he recovered himself for a touchdown against Philadelphia last week.

---

Thanks

DEnver  Broncos Web Site -

Trevathan is expected to be considered day-to-day. If he is not ready to play by Sunday, then Johnson, his backup at weakside linebacker could be thrust into an expanded role.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Trevathan-Injury-Update/f4c856ae-a256-47ac-8a0c-4b4e5a958610

-----------------------------------------------------

PS just found this Denver post follow up POSTED:   10/03/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT

Magnetic resonance imaging results on the knee came back negative, and the Broncos expect Trevathan to play Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.

If the Broncos need to limit Trevathan's playing time, Steve Johnson likely would get some work.

Johnson blocked a punt, recovered it and returned it for a touchdown Sunday in a 52-20 rout of the Philadelphia Eagles.

"My goal coming into the season was to be a starter," said Johnson, a second-year undrafted free agent 

&

on DECKER

Wide receiver Eric Decker, who has made 24 catches through four games, didn't practice because of an ankle injury. He is expected to play against the Cowboys.

"Of course, yeah," he said.

( not sure if thats Decker or both Decker &  team that the expected to play line is attributed too )

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24227361/broncos-briefs-linebacker-danny-trevathans-knee-injury-not

---

That defense in Denver is very thin. An injury or two from being a typical Colts defense Peyton had during his tenure here. Miller will eventually help that pass rush but man they miss him now. LBs have played very well but that is a bad injury for them. They will miss him a lot. That secondary has slowly but surely been getting exposed a little at a time...and losing their best cover lb is not helping. The defense has looked better because Peyton has given them big leads and allowed them to play downhill...I think Dallas has a good enough QB and passing game to keep this game close.

I have been saying this all season. The defense is not very good at all especially against the pass. I like the Cowboys O this year but just not sure if the good or bad Romo will show up. lol.

I am also not sure if Miller is the panacea for all the ails the Denver D. In the end football is a game of attrition and it is a long season so we will see how long they can get by. For sure Manning is covering up much.

I have been saying this all season. The defense is not very good at all especially against the pass. I like the Cowboys O this year but just not sure if the good or bad Romo will show up. lol.

I am also not sure if Miller is the panacea for all the ails the Denver D. In the end football is a game of attrition and it is a long season so we will see how long they can get by. For sure Manning is covering up much.

as posted elsewhere just now

Peyton I believe is 1 x& 3 Vs cowboys with only win at Lucas , never at Dallas,   of course this is a different team,

Romo playing well, alot may depend on final injury report, On Romo can be hot & cold & same with Murray at RB

as posted elsewhere just now

Peyton I believe is 1 x& 3 Vs cowboys with only win at Lucas , never at Dallas,   of course this is a different team,

Romo playing well, alot may depend on final injury report, On Romo can be hot & cold & same with Murray at RB

That is a shocking stat Bayone. But honestly, I would be shocked if he loses this game.

That is a shocking stat Bayone. But honestly, I would be shocked if he loses this game.

from a different thread by chad

chad72, on 01 Oct 2013 - 9:30 PM, said:snapback.png

No, he has not won in Dallas, he is 2-2 vs them, 0-2 vs Romo however which is interesting. Romo was asked to be like Peyton by Jerry Jones, here is his chance.

• Oct. 31, 1999 -- Indianapolis 34, Dallas 24 (at RCA Dome).
  • Nov. 17, 2002 -- Indianapolis 20, Dallas 3 (at RCA Dome).
  • Nov. 19, 2006 -- Dallas 21, Indianapolis 14 (at Texas Stadium).
  • Dec. 5, 2010 -- Dallas 38, Indianapolis 35 OT (at Lucas Oil Stadium)

Romo has beaten Peyton both at home and on the road while Peyton has not beaten Romo in Dallas. When the schedule came out, I put Dallas in as one that Peyton could lose. Now, after seeing the Denver D play coverage and Dallas blowing a lead vs the Chargers, I am not so sure. Not having Miles Austin hurt Romo in San Diego and unless another outside wideout in Terrance Williams steps up, I don't see Romo winning this one.

my mistake, 2 & 2 but never in Dallas Vs Romo & never beat Romo

Trevathan, who is questionable for the game at this point, is one of the most active players in pass coverage for the Broncos and plays alongside Wesley Woodyard in the two linebacker spots when the team is in the nickel (five defensive backs).

And the Broncos are in the nickel a great deal these days.

They played in the formation for 63 snaps, penalties included, in Sunday's win over the Eagles. They used it 47 times in the season opener against the Ravens.

In their base defense, one option for the Broncos would be to move Paris Lenon into the middle and then move Woodyard from the middle to the weakside linebacker, where Trevathan has been the starter this year. Lenon was a game day inactive this past Sunday with a thigh injury, but did participate in Wednesday's practice. Woodyard's flexibility -- he has started at weak-side linebacker previously in his career -- gives the Broncos some options.

Or the Broncos could leave Woodyard in the middle -- likely the preferred move given how well Woodyard has played thus far -- and play Steven Johnson on the weakside in the base defense as well.

In passing situations the Broncos could use the dime (six defensive backs) more and move safety Mike Adams in as the weak-side linebacker, something they have done plenty already this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/1223/trevathans-injury-will-force-adjustments&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

So if Peyton is covering up for so much....how is it even questionable that he is the MVP?? Either his supporting cast is great or its really good because he makes them better....I think its the latter. Playing with a lead makes the opposition more predictable...and clearly on offense Peyton is running everything..and making all the right choices. He won't stay perfect for long...in fact I kinda predict his first int in this game but he has played as close to perfect as one can. Miller will help a lot....he is an elite pass rusher and will allow Phillips and those guys inside to get more one on one situations. He will help....they won't be a top 5 defense but they will certainly improve. Champ while probably not a #1 corner is still a very good corner to run out there and help them.

Peyton...or Denver??? Does Peyton only win or lose games? Just wondering. I think all the stats vs Romo etc are not really valid. If they played yearly and the teams hadn't changed much I would understand but Peyton is with the Broncos and he isn't facing the same defense nor is the Denver defense facing the same offense they did. Too much change to really focus on how one player has faired agaisnt a team over 16yrs with everything changing. If you was comparing say Pitts, NE, or Bal against Peyton those teams haven't changed their defenses, coaches, personel as much but Dallas....not much the same in Dallas...nor is Peyton playing with Colts. Stats...irrelevent imo.

So if Peyton is covering up for so much....how is it even questionable that he is the MVP?? Either his supporting cast is great or its really good because he makes them better....I think its the latter. Playing with a lead makes the opposition more predictable...and clearly on offense Peyton is running everything..and making all the right choices. He won't stay perfect for long...in fact I kinda predict his first int in this game but he has played as close to perfect as one can. Miller will help a lot....he is an elite pass rusher and will allow Phillips and those guys inside to get more one on one situations. He will help....they won't be a top 5 defense but they will certainly improve. Champ while probably not a #1 corner is still a very good corner to run out there and help them.

Peyton...or Denver??? Does Peyton only win or lose games? Just wondering. I think all the stats vs Romo etc are not really valid. If they played yearly and the teams hadn't changed much I would understand but Peyton is with the Broncos and he isn't facing the same defense nor is the Denver defense facing the same offense they did. Too much change to really focus on how one player has faired agaisnt a team over 16yrs with everything changing. If you was comparing say Pitts, NE, or Bal against Peyton those teams haven't changed their defenses, coaches, personel as much but Dallas....not much the same in Dallas...nor is Peyton playing with Colts. Stats...irrelevent imo.

When I said Peyton is covering up, I was referring to people thinking Denver has a good defense. Their ranking which is not very good is probably better then it should be because they are playing with big leads. Peyton has maybe the best offense he has ever had but even his back up would be winning games with that team just by not as a wide of margin.

My question about the h-to-h has to do with being surprised that any Peyton-led team would lose to any Romo-led team regardless of personnel or coaching. But apparently he has lost to him in Dallas.

When I said Peyton is covering up, I was referring to people thinking Denver has a good defense. Their ranking which is not very good is probably better then it should be because they are playing with big leads. Peyton has maybe the best offense he has ever had but even his back up would be winning games with that team just by not as a wide of margin.

My question about the h-to-h has to do with being surprised that any Peyton-led team would lose to any Romo-led team regardless of personnel or coaching. But apparently he has lost to him in Dallas.

Gotcha....guess the same could be said about Tom vs Eli. I still can't believe NE ever loses to the Giants. I joke...to me its about Peyton vs Dallas Defense because Peyton doesn't play against the Tony really. He can't do anything to stop him nor can has Tony done anything to Peyton. They had great success against our defenses over the years in Indy. Running and throwing....and have exploited our OL with their pass rush. May or may not be the same come Sunday. I would worry about Clark vs Ware.