Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fixing the O-line and D problem...

bap1331

After thinking about it, the T-Rich trade is pretty good after all.

Even if we had a 1st round pick. It would only address one position of the 5 offensive line positions. Plus we have to train that guy for a couple years for experience. Plus we don't know if he will be a bust. Im sure we can bring in some in FA without that cost.

In the end, i don't think its our oline that sucks. They actually did great in the first few drives of the beginning Dolphins game. I think its our strategy of the oline that is bad, aka o-line and oc coach.

As for the Defense, we have a lot of talent but its not working because of our strategy. I think that the game tomorrow will really help us find out the strength and weaknesses.

Now we just have to make sure Luck and T-Rich don't get hurt until then

I think the O-line has done well in the running game and decent in the passing game. They need time to gel as any new o-line group does. Watch as they improve with each game. The Dolphins D can get after the QB and they did OK against them. The D will also get better and are not that bad either, though our secondary needs to start showing up. My main concern is the passing game which should be much better than it has been. DHB has looked horrible. Height, speed - hell I don't care if he can fly - if he can not run good routes, get more open and catch the ball, he is of little use.