Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What The '4 Weeks' Thing Tells Us

oldunclemark

Manning said that he has progressed well enough to roam the sidelines...

What does that tell us?

His surgery was 4 weeks ago..and he just got to OK.

..and that the original 3 month recovery time is on line..

That means he'll be examined again in the 1st week of November...

..and again after Thanksgiving...

Since recovery is 3 months..and 3 weeks from the first week of September is Dec. 1

Manning returns either Nov. 27 at home against Carolina (game 11) or Dec. 4 a Sunday night in New England..(game 12)

I want him to return as bad as anyone else but I just don't think he will. . the team apart from Manning is injured all across the board and bringing Manning in at this point would not be a smart move. We have a banged up O line as well. Apart from that I just can't picture Manning being able to withstand a vicious hit 3 months out from surgery. I think its safe to say he won't play this year but I would love for him to prove me wrong.

If we could just win some games then we might just see him before the year is out, part of the reason why I am so disappointed. I believe this weighs heavy on Manning, as he never says die. I'm sure he was hopeful to have a 'Hulk Hogan' moment late in the year. Ya know, when the Hulkster would pretend to be defeated and then stand up, veins protruding from his neck, and body slam some random. No, I'm not a wresting fan but those Hulk moments were some classic theater.

I want him to return as bad as anyone else but I just don't think he will. . the team apart from Manning is injured all across the board and bringing Manning in at this point would not be a smart move. We have a banged up O line as well. Apart from that I just can't picture Manning being able to withstand a vicious hit 3 months out from surgery. I think its safe to say he won't play this year but I would love for him to prove me wrong.

I agree. When Peyton went down, one of the benefits in my mind was that "this will be good in that it gives Castonzo and some of the other O-linemen experience so when Manning steps in, they will be better than if Manning were to play this year and they all make mistakes that leave Peyton vulnerable to hits because of their inexperience." But now, Castonzo and Ijalana are both out...

Manning said that he has progressed well enough to roam the sidelines...

What does that tell us?

His surgery was 4 weeks ago..and he just got to OK.

..and that the original 3 month recovery time is on line..

That means he'll be examined again in the 1st week of November...

..and again after Thanksgiving...

Since recovery is 3 months..and 3 weeks from the first week of September is Dec. 1

Manning returns either Nov. 27 at home against Carolina (game 11) or Dec. 4 a Sunday night in New England..(game 12)

This has been discussed at length.

The best long term plan is to wait for the repaired area to have a hard, proper fusion. That probably means no football this year for Manning. Once he's reached MMI, if the risk/reward is in the acceptable range for him and he continues to play, we'll see him under center in 2012. Yes, I've seen hundreds of fusion surgery situations. Different for everyone but not uncommon to see them force a vocational change for folks working physically demanding jobs such as construction. The best things working in his favor are excellent physical conditioning and available medical care. There's no guarantee of anything at this point.