Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

25 of 34, 234 in 1/2 of a pre-season game

oldunclemark

Rex played a part, but they were a smash mouth, run the ball, and play lockdown D team.

Lots of that team failed to deliver that game, but we were just the better squad that day. In the rain no less.

Addai was a beast that game. I really thought he should have been game MVP.

What people overlook is say the Colts played the Saints and Brees and shellacked them in the SB instead of the Bears, the naysayers might be less inclined to use the "Grossman" card. Besides, we did play the Saints as SB defending champs in our opener and did shellack them. The Bears TEAM was just too much for Brees and the Saints in the NFCCG. The Colts TEAM was just too much for Grossman and the Bears in the SB.

Heck, if we could spot Mr. Brady 18 points in the AFCCG and come back, no QB was going to stop us in the SB that year, Grossman, Brees, you name it from the NFC. :)

It was destiny.

We had a better team than the Saints in 09....I honestly believe that...we missed some great opportunities...and Freeny not being able to pass rush was huge too. They made the most of their opportunities and won that game. I think full strength..we win that game 4 out 5 times. Against the Bears...5/5 lol. Just like the Patriots in 07 win that game 5/5 times....I still don't know how they lost...it was like bizarro world or something. In 2005 I think we were the best team that year too...but that's just me...and we lost to Pittsburg...we had a lot of chances...but being meant to be isn't probably the true test of who will win...you still have to play the game.

Yeah, but they absolutely set the tone for that game.

Yep but our overlooked O-line ran extremely well throughout the playoffs, they set the tone frankly once the rain started pouring. Best stretch with Glenn, Lilja, Saturday, Scott, and Diem ever.

Addai was a beast that game. I really thought he should have been game MVP.

Perhaps. He had 70 some yards rushing and 10 catches. Rhodes had like 120 yds rushing and turned that into a contract with Oakland before getting cut. Honestly that was a perfect team win. I didn't think Peyton deserved the MVP any more say than Tom's first one with NE. Peyton did call most of the plays....did check down to runs and perfect short passes and sliced up that defense after quickly realizing on his first deep ball that he couldn't throw over the top on that deep tampa 2. Peyton trusted his teammates and made some great calls...even in that NE game he realized if teams are dropping that many people...you got to check to some runs and shorter passes. He got it by default...but you are right...we had some great contributions.

Yep but our overlooked O-line ran extremely well throughout the playoffs, they set the tone frankly once the rain started pouring. Best stretch with Glenn, Lilja, Saturday, Scott, and Diem ever.

That was a really good OL. If we had that one now....I might say with our defense this year we might have a shot at the SB. It wasn't a great OL...nothing like what NE has had down the years...but compared to what we had after 06...certainly the best.

I think Peyton got it for that key first quarter touchdown against busted coverage.  Really broke the Bears early momentum.

Was such a team victory it was hard to single out an MVP.  I thought Bob Sanders was worthy of consideration for the two key turnovers he caused.  The offensive line looked better then they ever had.  It almost had to go to the QB.

I think Peyton got it for that key first quarter touchdown against busted coverage.  Really broke the Bears early momentum.

Was such a team victory it was hard to single out an MVP.  I thought Bob Sanders was worthy of consideration for the two key turnovers he caused.  The offensive line looked better then they ever had.  It almost had to go to the QB.

Recently it usually does....since the league has changed that much. Makes what AP did getting it last year so incredible. May be the last non-qb MVP we see in a long long time. In the SB it may just take one special player like getting a couple ints, or a lot of catches, or rushing...but regular season AP had one for the ages....not likely to see another non-qb MVP for another 10 yrs at least.

Perhaps. He had 70 some yards rushing and 10 catches. Rhodes had like 120 yds rushing and turned that into a contract with Oakland before getting cut. Honestly that was a perfect team win. I didn't think Peyton deserved the MVP any more say than Tom's first one with NE. Peyton did call most of the plays....did check down to runs and perfect short passes and sliced up that defense after quickly realizing on his first deep ball that he couldn't throw over the top on that deep tampa 2. Peyton trusted his teammates and made some great calls...even in that NE game he realized if teams are dropping that many people...you got to check to some runs and shorter passes. He got it by default...but you are right...we had some great contributions.

That effort by Addai stands alone in SB history. No other player has ever done that in the rain to boot. Hard to argue giving it to Manning. I really thought Adam was the MVP of the playoffs with his five FGs to beat the Ravens and I think 3 in the SB?

The Pats first SB is tough because no one player stood out besides Brady and his miracle last drive with no timeouts. Many thought the entire secondary should have gotten it, but alas it has to go to one player and Brady was the logical choice but not a slam dunk by any means.