Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are "Fool's Gold"

Ya gotta be careful how you state this, as I think our team deserved their victories 100% last year.  They showed great desire and worked their arses off to achieve.  However, if they were to play last season over 100 times, there wouldn't be but a couple of times that they won 11 games.  In this respect, I agree with those who say we overachieved.  However, what fans around the league miss is the material improvement over last year's team.  The OL will be night and day over last year, both the starters and depth.  The D got much deeper, which was missed because of the lack of big-name additions.  And the secondary is now a top-ten secondary if they can avoid major injuries.  Last year, the secondary was a major liability.  The Colts could be the NFL's most improved team, though I've read multiple places where NFL fans call into question whether the Colts improved AT ALL!  I think Indy is now officially the most under-rated team in the NFL.  It's a good place to be...

Well put Archer! Well put indeed sir...Bravo!  :hat:

They are the sexy pick, we are the small market team with an eccentric owner.  Can't beat RGIII and Brady. 

I just hope our team on the field plays as good as the team sounds on paper. 

I actually thinks it works in our favor. To be under the radar. I have no problem when people think we're going to take a step back. Enjoy the fireworks. We won't be under anyone's radar next year.

But to be honest, I think it's just the fans who value/de-value certain franchises. Make no mistake, the team you're playing against is NOT taking you lightly. Most football players know about pride and execution. NO team really goes under the "radar" when you think about it, because people study you to death......... 

I agree with you on that comment. But one thing I can say is the people who do know football did vote Grigson and Arians the top GM and coach. So what the Colts did was not overlooked by real football minds. To many fans take what the media has to say at heart. It is the media who keeps things stirred in order to keep eyes and ears on them. I highly doubt that most of them believe a word they say but that wouldn't be a story.

A lot of people seem to forget the fact that Everything was new last year. New coach, new GM, new defensive scheme with rookies and veterans playing positions they either had never played or hadn’t played since college, new offence also with a lot of rookies. A pathetic run game that could only run to the left because the right side of the line would have had to improve to suck. Andrew being sacked 40 times and hit what seemed like a thousand times. Running for his life most of the other times when he wasn’t hit. Throwing on the run, sometimes with defenders hanging on him, sometimes while he was on his way to the ground. Am I correct in thinking that his opponents had the most illegal hit fines on a QB for the league? I think I heard that somewhere. And you know what…..he never complained once about it(unlike some other rookie QB). Never accused any opponent of playing dirty. He took every hit and kept on playing. Sometimes even complimenting the defender for a good hit. Strange, but that just seems to be Andrew. All people want to point to is his 54% completion stat and his 18 interceptions (Gee I wonder why those happened). 7 come from behind wins. Most people will say that it was Andrews fault for being behind in the first place. I say that the D has to take some blame also. 387 points given up. That is not good. No wonder we played from behind so much, but that never seems to get mentioned.

We were lucky in one respect. We were lucky that Andrew didn’t end up dead.

I personally don’t think that luck gets you to 11-5.