Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Peyton Manning Has Made 'Significant Progress' Rehabbing Last Two Weeks/Colts looking to sign vet QB for camp

Andy

I contacted Mortensen via Twitter and asked for follow-up on this. He responded:

@StampedeBlue Yes, Peyton has made progress since 2 weeks ago, still doubt he rushes into camp practices, though it's light at the start

Despite this good news, at around 7:00 P.M. Eastern, Mort went back on SportsCenter and told Michael Smith that the Colts are actively looking to sign a veteran quarterback as 'insurance' in case Peyton is not healthy in time for camp.

My link

IRSAY

Manning underwent a neck procedure May and has been recovering. Irsay offered an update.

“I think that he’s progressing. These things vary on how quickly (they) progress. Our hope is that he can be ready for Houston,” said Irsay. “Our hope is that he’s going to keep trending in that direction, to have a great season and to open against Houston to keep his consecutive streak going. It’s going to go day-to-day, week-to-week, but there hasn’t been any sort of setback. There isn’t anything ominous out there about it. The surgery went very well.

We have had a chance in the last couple of days to examine him and talk with him. It’s a process where he’s been a fast healer and he's found a way to get on the field.

I’m hopeful that he’ll keep progressing and be ready to go when the season opens, meaning that he had plenty of time to prepare and have played football before the opening game.”

My link

Veteran QB?!?!? :no:

I know this generally could mean nothing, but I still don't enjoy the thought. We already have one veteran on this team and a backup who fumbles every snap and is a pro at throwing to the other team; plus, he has amazing painting skills ;D

Anyway, I just don't want us not to have the money to sign players that actually matter, but I understand the precautionary measures.

Veteran QB?!?!? :no:

I know this generally could mean nothing, but I still don't enjoy the thought. We already have one veteran on this team and a backup who fumbles every snap and is a pro at throwing to the other team; plus, he has amazing painting skills ;D

Anyway, I just don't want us not to have the money to sign players that actually matter, but I understand the precautionary measures.

Probably would only be for training camp so someone can throw to players besides THE PAINTER is howI read that,