Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano's defense. are we seeing the plan come to fruition?

BronxColtNYC

No, no...you're thinking CB. If we have two really cool looking Corners on the ends....then it'll make a huge difference for our ILBs! ;)

You CAN mask average - below average LB play with good corners. Rex has been doing it his entire time in NY.

No, no...you're thinking CB. If we have two really cool looking Corners on the ends....then it'll make a huge difference for our ILBs! ;)

Take a quick look. Is it dead yet?

Unfortunately....no.

I leave the boards thinking maybe...but then I'll log back in and doggonit if it aint there in some other thread. So....

You CAN mask average - below average LB play with good corners. Rex has been doing it his entire time in NY.

See! ;)

The dead horse lives!

I tried to tell folks it was dead. Grigson actually dispatched it 7 times. But...it still lives.

See! ;)

The dead horse lives!

I tried to tell folks it was dead. Grigson actually dispatched it 7 times. But...it still lives.

Being in a run heavy division, Grigson obviously thought there was a deficiency with spending this years 2nd rounder on Vontae, signing Greg Toler as a FA, and resigning Butler. Granted, I really liked what we did this year in FA and the draft, but a good defensive mind, like Rex, can do what he did with good corners and a subpar front-7. Is it the model I would follow? Eh, not really, but if Pagano were in the same boat I think he could make it work as well.

Hey, all I can say for sure is this is the first time in over a decade that I can say this defense looks good on paper..........normally I would say it looks good with a lead, in the dark from a 1000 yards....with one eye closed.... and the other taking a hibbert elbow. Maybe we need a pass rush, 12 more shut down DB's and 4 Ray Lewis' but other than that its golden......