Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Expect any Day 1 Starters from the Draft?

Smonroe

I agree that there are more starters.....but, I REALY want and believe we need a pile pushing mauler. Not just a starter. We have a starter in McGlynn.

I believe this line needs an elite addition on the OL

One that has a decent chance to be an all pro

In my humble opinion...... There are only 3 elite guards in this draft....... I want one

I think that's DJ Fluker, who has a late first round / early second round grade, and who a lot of people think would be better at guard in the NFL. Would be a reach at #24, but if we did grab him (or traded down for him), I would expect him to compete for one of the starting guard spots. 

Warford is also a second round prospect who could start for us at guard and improve our run blocking.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically, we're looking at two starters depending on the direction we go in (injury circumstances notwithstanding)- G, C, and OLB are the most likely candidates should we target those spots early. Perhaps even RB, but I don't see us going RB early. A late round FB could win the spot if we go in that direction as opposed to using Allen as an H-back.

WR's usually take some time to develop, so I'm not expecting a day 1 starter even if we address it early. Other than that, we're drafting for depth, and if a rookie overtakes a vet that quickly, it'll be a pleasant surprise.