Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just the opposite...we should be trading down if anything.  There is going to be a run on quarterbacks in the second round.  Sitting at 24 we're in a decent place to trade back into the 2nd round with another middle-round pick thrown in.  I'd say trade back and get BPA (OG, CB, OLB) and then use the two 3rd round picks to get whichever we didn't get in round 2 that is (OG, CB, OLB). Our 4th round pick then becomes BPA again.

We end up with a day one starter from round 2, two very good players from round 3 and a solid player in round 4.  Anything after that is for high motor special teams players, guys who show great potential, or depth.

Just the opposite...we should be trading down if anything.  There is going to be a run on quarterbacks in the second round.  Sitting at 24 we're in a decent place to trade back into the 2nd round with another middle-round pick thrown in.  I'd say trade back and get BPA (OG, CB, OLB) and then use the two 3rd round picks to get whichever we didn't get in round 2 that is (OG, CB, OLB). Our 4th round pick then becomes BPA again.

We end up with a day one starter from round 2, two very good players from round 3 and a solid player in round 4.  Anything after that is for high motor special teams players, guys who show great potential, or depth.

yeah.. I've been saying that the perfect draft trade scenario for us would be trading our first for a mid level 2nd, 3rd, and 5th... then turning around and trading the 5th plus 6th , and 2 7ths for a high 4th: Viola! Four picks in rounds  2-4 instead of 6 picks, 3 of which are at the bottom of rounds 6 and 7... much better IMO...

Its a crap shoot in later rounds. us cold fans were spoiled last year with five rookie starters. we should be lucky to get three starters. I'm saying we could trade up and get a sure starter even if its not Jones maybe Cooper it is appealing to trade down as well for more picks

Its a crap shoot in later rounds. us cold fans were spoiled last year with five rookie starters. we should be lucky to get three starters. I'm saying we could trade up and get a sure starter even if its not Jones maybe Cooper it is appealing to trade down as well for more picks

no

If we had a full complement of picks and this draft were more top heavy, I'd be all for trading up. That's where the value would be because moving up has gotten cheaper.

But, it's not a top heavy draft and we don't have extra picks to spare. Unless something really crazy happens, I doubt we'll trade up this year.

I have no interest in trading up in this draft.    None.

And that's compounded even more so by not having our 2nd and 5th round picks. 

To me that makes it even more imperative to trade back, and not up.     I want as many picks as we can acquire between the 2nd and 6th rounds.    The more the better.

That's the strength of this draft....   the heart of this draft....    that's where I hope we end up....