Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wish list for the remainder of free agency....

I love all the moves the Colts because it only adds depth to our team but from the remaining free agents, who would you guys like to have as a Colt?

I personally would like to have Michael Huff, Matt Slauson/Brandon Moore, and Danario Alexander.

-M.Huff- Would be an option at CB and S for a cheap price. He also still has a pair of years left in him and could be extremely reliable. 

-Slauson/Moore-Also reliable starters and one of them could be a starter at RG for a cheap price as well. Our starting lineup would be AC, Thomas, Satele, Slauson/Moore, and Cherilus! Either one would be an improvement.

-D.Alexander- 6'5, 24yrs old, RFA but could be great if he could stay healthy. Plus we wouldn't have to give up any picks and this would allow us to focus on other areas of need with the few picks we have. 

What do you guys think??

Taking into account the recent signings of Hasselbeck and Franklin I'd have to (astonishingly) list our team needs as:

1. OG

2. WR

3. C

4. OLB (depth)

5. RB (Depth)

Other than OG our starters are basically set... my guess is that we are done in FA and move to draft guys who can replace aging players, players with questionable contracts (Satele), and provide even more weapons for Luck in the WCO... We probably should get a corner for depth, but the F.O. seems to like Vaughn. why? I have no idea...

I think that the offensive scheme change might be the excuse that Grigs needs to have another offense-heavy draft... my general preference, without knowing who is available is that we go WR, OL, RB, LB... in that order... of course, there is no sense in getting hung up on positions when we are in a perfect spot to go BPA, now....

Taking into account the recent signings of Hasselbeck and Franklin I'd have to (astonishingly) list our team needs as:

1. OG

2. WR

3. C

4. OLB (depth)

5. RB (Depth)

Other than OG our starters are basically set... my guess is that we are done in FA and move to draft guys who can replace aging players, players with questionable contracts (Satele), and provide even more weapons for Luck in the WCO... We probably should get a corner for depth, but the F.O. seems to like Vaughn. why? I have no idea...

I think that the offensive scheme change might be the excuse that Grigs needs to have another offense-heavy draft... my general preference, without knowing who is available is that we go WR, OL, RB, LB... in that order... of course, there is no sense in getting hung up on positions when we are in a perfect spot to go BPA, now....

I completely agree with you. I was hoping we would get rid of Satele and maybe draft someone like Barrett Jones who could play G/C for us. I really do hope we pick up a pash rusher or receiver in the first but I am glad that we are in the BPA spot right now!

I didn't want Jones before but free agency has changed my mind.  We need an OG and possibly a center and he can do both.  So I wouldn't hate him as a pick but I do think first round may be too high.  

I think he's a 2nd day pick and maybe we could trade into the 2nd to get him