Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It is most likely bye bye Alfonso Dennard

chad72

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 22, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, February 22, 2013 - quoting removed post

I refuse to respond to insults. Good day.

Not an insult , just trying to help you out a bit. You have a habit of running like a deer when someone nails you to the wall on one of your *ic posts.

Here's one on Rodgers you also managed to say "good day."........

This thread is so stupid that I'm sure it's there just to annoy people. I really don't believe you are that ignorant as you write in complete sentences. 

1) second year in the league , he is the MVP of the SB.

2) third year is solid with QB rating of over 100

3) fourth year is the MVP with highest QB rating in league history

4) fifth year the bum throwes 39 tds to 8 ints.

And a probable league suspension

I don't know, I'm hearing that - because this happened two days before he was actually drafted - he'll probably be fined but a suspension is unlikely. The NFLPA would be all over it if Goodell suspends him.

I can't access it now for some reason, but the Boston Globe ran a story yesterday stating as such.

Your kind of forgetting a bird named Goodall. More than likely the league will hand down a suspension. Also from what I've read about Dowling , is he smelled the joint up pretty well when he started. But that's only what I read and can't say it's fact. Also don't mean to rip at everythung you say , but a lot of 2nd round picks don't pan out . The Colts took Ben Ijalana about 15 picks after the Pats drafted Dowling and he appears to be a bust , I wouldn't call it ridiculous ... more like a miss.

I dont think they can hand down a suspension because this incident happened in college before he was ever even in the NFL.  A suspension wouldn't be merited in this case, as he wasn't in violation of any NFL policies because he wasn't a member of the NFLPA.

They might let Talib walk and try to replace him in the draft and free agency. If I were them, though, he and Vollmer would be priorities. Welker is probably gone, and too bad, but such is life. As big a part of their team he is, having a solid left tackle and a #1 corner are more important.

Completely agree, although Vollmer plays RT for the Patriots not LT..  If someone in FA wants to throw top LT money at him then hes going to move on.  I'd love to keep him though, because hes an All-Pro level RT when healthy and if Solder ever gets injured, he can be moved over to LT to fill in at a very high level.  Its never a bad thing to have two solid tackles keeping the defensive ends off of your QB, especially since hes now 36 years old.

Meant to say Talib not Denard . My fault but maybe you woud have known I was smart enough to know you can't extend a player after his rookie year. Yet alone one that could spend the next 6 years in jail.

No way will Dennard spend 6 years in jail.  That is the maximize sentence for all 3 of his charges combined, but he was not found guilty of assault of the person at the club.  The resisting arrest is always just a nonsense charge that police can throw onto the pile whenever they want, so that won't be factored into his sentencing either.

With no priors, a solid career and making all of the right choices with his live trying to move forward, there is no way a judge is going to throw his life away in a prison cell because he got heated with an off duty police officer.  I think that he'll get 1-3 months just because its the police and they want to "send a message."  Ill go with the more conservative number and say 90 days in jail, which would put his return around mid july, just in time for training camp.

Its pretty ridiculous that someone can even go to prison for that long for something so minor, when the LAPD shot up 3 innocent people in their hunt for Dorner and all they'll get is paid suspension (IE vacation)

Meant to say Talib not Denard . My fault but maybe you woud have known I was smart enough to know you can't extend a player after his rookie year. Yet alone one that could spend the next 6 years in jail.

That does make sense... ;)

There was a report a few weeks ago about the Pats being reluctant to offer Talib a long term deal, so you're right about that. But I'm not sure they have a choice. I thought that before Dennard's conviction, and I think so now.

Completely agree, although Vollmer plays RT for the Patriots not LT..  If someone in FA wants to throw top LT money at him then hes going to move on.  I'd love to keep him though, because hes an All-Pro level RT when healthy and if Solder ever gets injured, he can be moved over to LT to fill in at a very high level.  Its never a bad thing to have two solid tackles keeping the defensive ends off of your QB, especially since hes now 36 years old.

I always peg him as a LT. His first start was against the Colts in '09 (4th and 2 game), and he played LT. Either way, he's more of a priority than Welker at this point, IMO.

No way will Dennard spend 6 years in jail.  That is the maximize sentence for all 3 of his charges combined, but he was not found guilty of assault of the person at the club.  The resisting arrest is always just a nonsense charge that police can throw onto the pile whenever they want, so that won't be factored into his sentencing either.

With no priors, a solid career and making all of the right choices with his live trying to move forward, there is no way a judge is going to throw his life away in a prison cell because he got heated with an off duty police officer.  I think that he'll get 1-3 months just because its the police and they want to "send a message."  Ill go with the more conservative number and say 90 days in jail, which would put his return around mid july, just in time for training camp.

Its pretty ridiculous that someone can even go to prison for that long for something so minor, when the LAPD shot up 3 innocent people in their hunt for Dorner and all they'll get is paid suspension (IE vacation)

I know that . Probably nothing to 90 days. I was just making a point that I knew the Pats could not extend his contract. The 6 year comment was more of a humor thing.

I dont think they can hand down a suspension because this incident happened in college before he was ever even in the NFL.  A suspension wouldn't be merited in this case, as he wasn't in violation of any NFL policies because he wasn't a member of the NFLPA.

I thought of just this a few hours after I posted that he would probably be suspended. I agree with you that they  (NFL) would be over stepping their boundaries to suspend a player for something he did before he was in the league

Getting old.. what was the deal with him ?

College quarterback from Ohio State. He was suspended five games by the NCAA, the NFL allowed him to declare for the supplemental draft, and the Raiders took him. Then the NFL suspended him five games, corresponding to the punishment from the NCAA. They also suspended Jim Tressel, his coach at Ohio State, who resigned during the scandal and got hired by Jim Caldwell.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether the NFL is justified in penalizing individuals for things that happened prior to them being in the NFL. But there is a precedent. And given the fact that Dennard's legal issue happened after he had declared for the draft and was technically no longer an amateur athlete, I think the NFL will consider this to be well within their purview.

College quarterback from Ohio State. He was suspended five games by the NCAA, the NFL allowed him to declare for the supplemental draft, and the Raiders took him. Then the NFL suspended him five games, corresponding to the punishment from the NCAA. They also suspended Jim Tressel, his coach at Ohio State, who resigned during the scandal and got hired by Jim Caldwell.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether the NFL is justified in penalizing individuals for things that happened prior to them being in the NFL. But there is a precedent. And given the fact that Dennard's legal issue happened after he had declared for the draft and was technically no longer an amateur athlete, I think the NFL will consider this to be well within their purview.

Thanks , I forgot what that Ohio State mess was about.

Then you woud think for sure if he gets no jail time , the NFL woud suspend him. But whenever I try to play attortney or accountant , I'm usually wrong. This is a far more serious offense than Pryor probably getting a free phone call to his grandmother. Don't forget that he didn't get convicted on beating up another person in that some incident. I see that the NFL doesn't always require a "guilty verdict" to levy suspensions. But like I said if the Bostgon Globe reports that this would infringe his rights , there coud be something different here to make that true. I would guess not but I'm not a sports attorney. 

BTW... I had read earlier that Pryor will get a shot to unseat Carson Palmer. Can Goodall fine or take draft picks from the Bengals for raping the Raiders ? 

Also was wondering if I can do a logo with a scarlett A rather than have that warning point under my name. 

Thanks , I forgot what that Ohio State mess was about.

Then you woud think for sure if he gets no jail time , the NFL woud suspend him. But whenever I try to play attortney or accountant , I'm usually wrong. This is a far more serious offense than Pryor probably getting a free phone call to his grandmother. Don't forget that he didn't get convicted on beating up another person in that some incident. I see that the NFL doesn't always require a "guilty verdict" to levy suspensions. But like I said if the Bostgon Globe reports that this would infringe his rights , there coud be something different here to make that true. I would guess not but I'm not a sports attorney. 

BTW... I had read earlier that Pryor will get a shot to unseat Carson Palmer. Can Goodall fine or take draft picks from the Bengals for raping the Raiders ? 

Also was wondering if I can do a logo with a scarlett A rather than have that warning point under my name. 

I doubt that anyone has any legal grounds to stand on by arguing that a suspension is an infringement on a player's rights. I don't think playing in the NFL is considered a right, from a legal standpoint. 

Good point on the Bengals, but the Raiders do what the Raiders do.

As for the warning point, only you and mods can see that. But now, everyone knows...

I doubt that anyone has any legal grounds to stand on by arguing that a suspension is an infringement on a player's rights. I don't think playing in the NFL is considered a right, from a legal standpoint. 

Good point on the Bengals, but the Raiders do what the Raiders do.

As for the warning point, only you and mods can see that. But now, everyone knows...

Naaa pretty much just you , rest of the mods and I. Very few people on this board read the all the posts ina thread.

Really crimps the Pats 15 mill in cap room. I love it when all these talking heads have just about every good free agent siigning with the Pats. So * and stupid. With a 36 year old QB eating up about 19 mill incap room and all the other big contracts , they will be lucky to keeep Volmer and either Welker or Talib. Now with this thug getting conviced , they are in a horrible spot. Don't know when the sentencing takes place but if it's after the FA period it puts them in a horrible spot. Probably have to franchise Talib as he's a bad candidate for a long term deal.

What now? The pats restructured Brady's contract, I suppose you spoke to soon. :)

They suspended Terrelle Pryor.

Totally different scenario though. Pryor was basically guilty of trying to circumvent the draft system and NCAA rules. His transgressions were directly tied to football. Dennard's were directly tied to him being a bonehead.

Totally different scenario though. Pryor was basically guilty of trying to circumvent the draft system and NCAA rules. His transgressions were directly tied to football. Dennard's were directly tied to him being a bonehead.

The scenario was very different, but the suggestion was that the NFL won't suspend a player for something that happened prior to him being drafted. Pryor's suspension is a clear precedent in that regard.

Also, Pryor wasn't trying to circumvent the draft system. He was suspended for accepting improper benefits as a student athlete. Since NCAA didn't suspend him until after the draft, the NFL determined he was eligible for the supplemental draft. He didn't do anything wrong there, or else the NFL wouldn't have cleared him for the supplemental draft. His transgressions were entirely related to off field activities at Ohio State.