Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

that big FA WR

With his injuries we may as well just re-sign Collie.

lol NOBODY gets injured like Collie, i think he should just retire. Plus, Avery had injury issues before he came to us and was healthy all year for us. Not saying Avery was good, but some guys just have unlucky seasons. Also, that doesnt deminish the fact that Anmendola can ball. Like i said I would take a chance on him no doubt! :blueshoe:

I don't look for us too spend a ton of money on a wr I think we may add a solid vet like boldin!! I think he will focus on the line pass rusher corner back kinda putting the wr not the top priority! But if we do spend money I would go with bowe he has really solid since day one on a horrible team !!

I am all for looking at picking up some talent at WR in free agency, and have mentioned Greg Jennings on more than one occassion as someone I'd love to see in speed blue. He isn't that tall receiver, though.

I can definitely see the point of pursuing a bigger bodied receiver too. I'm just not a fan of Bowe (the guy most people seem to be mentioning), and think he could do more harm than good to the chemistry that the Colts have been developing. I don't mind the idea of Donario Alexander, but it scratches at the back of my head that there has to be some reason why he keeps finding himself out of a job when he clearly shows moments of brilliance.

The guy I wouldn't mind us looking at is Ramses Barden (6'-6", 224 lbs). He was a guy I wanted the Colts to consider as a 4th to 5th round gem in 2009, but the Giants grabbed him in the 3rd. I am hardly expert, but it seems like he excelled in his few chances. Unfortunately, he was largely stuck behind Cruz, Nicks and Hixon (and Manningham before he was allowed to walk).

If memory serves, he was given 1 opportunity to start this past season (a prime time game against Carolina, I think) and racked up a monster game. I could really see him as a great complementary addition in the land of the smurfs.

I didn't read your post just the title fr one reason . We are SET at WR .. I for one will be upset if we sign a high price FA WR instead of fixing the oline and defense .. Hilton , Wayne , brazil and Avery are fine . I'm sick of people saying we need dewayne Bowe or any number of other wideouts .what we need is an improved secondary and oline

I didn't read your post just the title fr one reason . We are SET at WR .. I for one will be upset if we sign a high price FA WR instead of fixing the oline and defense .. Hilton , Wayne , brazil and Avery are fine . I'm sick of people saying we need dewayne Bowe or any number of other wideouts .what we need is an improved secondary and oline

Suffice it to say I agree the Colts need to improve the secondary and oline, and agree it would be foolish to spend too much at the WR position, but I disagree they're set at receiver.  Wayne is no spring chicken, Brazill is still largely an unknown, Avery is likely to be allowed to explore free agency, and the team could benefit from some diversity in WR type and size, especially if the assumption that the Colts are shifting to some kind of hybrid WCO is true.