Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Perytons New OC may say Aggresive & Fast but new QB coach Greg Knapp, ex Raiders 2012 OC is pure west coast offense, suprising as Broncos didnt run it

bayone

First, the glove. Can the West Coast offense be next for Peyton Manning?

Probably not. But if it ever came to that, Manning has the guy who can coach him up in Greg Knapp, whom the Broncos just hired as quarterbacks coach.

Knapp, whose extensive NFL coaching background is steeped in the West Coast offense, replaces

Adam Gase, who was promoted Thursday from Broncos quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator.

(((((  NOTE :  NEW OC Case has said We're looking to go pedal to the metal, and play as fast as possible and be aggressive."

Read more:Broncos' new offensive coordinator Adam Gase says play-calling to be fast, aggressive - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22392897/broncos-promote-qb-coach-adam-gase-offensive-coordinator#ixzz2IQcctXLs    )))))))

))

The hiring of Knapp was a mild surprise because Manning, Gase and Broncos head coach John Fox have not run much West Coast over the years.

Most West Coast quarterbacks are rollout, athletic types.

That's not Manning, although his passes are about timing and are often thrown at a short to medium distance.

Knapp,  was the  OC of the   Raiders in 2012, Seattle in 2009, Oakland again in 2007-08, Atlanta during the Michael Vick-Alex Gibbs heyday from 2004-06 and San Francisco from 2001-03.

Knapp was also Gary Kubiak's quarterbacks coach in Houston from 2010-11.

All of those teams were known for the West Coast offense.

The West Coast was the last offense John Elway operated as the Broncos' quarterback from 1993-98, but the system had primarily left Denver with the firing of head coach Mike Shanahan in 2008.

Read more:Broncos hire new quarterbacks coach: Greg Knapp, an ex-Raiders assistant - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22405434/broncos-hire-greg-knapp-replace-adam-gase-qb#ixzz2IQeZVV48

First, the glove. Can the West Coast offense be next for Peyton Manning?

Probably not. But if it ever came to that, Manning has the guy who can coach him up in Greg Knapp, whom the Broncos just hired as quarterbacks coach.

I think Manning is through being "coached up". 

"We're looking to go pedal to the metal, and play as fast as possible and be aggressive."

I like the approach, newly promoted OC, Adam Gase that's just what Peyton Manning needs IMO. Let's how this newfound aggressiveness pays off in in December & January. Time will tell. 

"We're looking to go pedal to the metal, and play as fast as possible and be aggressive."

I like the approach, newly promoted OC, Adam Gase that's just what Peyton Manning needs IMO. Let's how this newfound aggressiveness pays off in in December & January. Time will tell. 

Just dont see how west coast fits with that, Case may  go deep more , be innovative i hope , not predictable, may have put in a package that would of let peyton have some receivers too save for only Decker  & nit just run blockers  with extra backup OL in not even a 2 te set to audible too , on 3rd and 7 so he could of audibled out toi a pass 

Interesting., is that in a playoff game Elway threw on a 3rd and 7 himself to ice it late, yet he is backing fox, is that just standing by his guy, read it in Denver post

also read that a poll of coaches , the vast majority would of thrown on 3rd  & 7 as Peyton does 90 % of the time, and also wouldnt have taken a knee at the end

but this post isnt about case , its about Peyton and west coast, maybe he is there just to help peyton roill out

anoither article with frame by frame analulysis    said yes it was a poor decision top throw that led to late IT as   cold & nerve numbness wouldn't allow it buit in season he did same throw and stockley scored, the analysis said stockley was only open receiver  DT & Decjker didnt bother to try and get free and work way back for peyton to throw too as stockley did changing his route and if Peyton could of thrown it stronger Stockley was clear for Yac, but he just couldnt

Thats all for me today, have a good weekend

Just dont see how west coast fits with that, Case may  go deep more , be innovative i hope , not predictable, may have put in a package that would of let peyton have some receivers too save for only Decker  & nit just run blockers  with extra backup OL in not even a 2 te set to audible too , on 3rd and 7 so he could of audibled out toi a pass 

Interesting., is that in a playoff game Elway threw on a 3rd and 7 himself to ice it late, yet he is backing fox, is that just standing by his guy, read it in Denver post

also read that a poll of coaches , the vast majority would of thrown on 3rd  & 7 as Peyton does 90 % of the time, and also wouldnt have taken a knee at the end

but this post isnt about case , its about Peyton and west coast, maybe he is there just to help peyton roill out

anoither article with frame by frame analulysis    said yes it was a poor decision top throw that led to late IT as   cold & nerve numbness wouldn't allow it buit in season he did same throw and stockley scored, the analysis said stockley was only open receiver  DT & Decjker didnt bother to try and get free and work way back for peyton to throw too as stockley did changing his route and if Peyton could of thrown it stronger Stockley was clear for Yac, but he just couldnt

You raise some valid points Barry. Namely that QB John Elway wanted the play in his hands in critical 3rd down situations & his concurring with Coach Fox's decision to go into overtime seems incredibly bizarre to me & counterproductive to everything Elway did as a HOF QB that wanted to win every game he played in. I understand the need to show no crack in the team uniformity front, but come on Elway would never take a knee & play it safe. The irony is that John Elway played for HC John Reeves who preferred playing it safe playing the law of averages...You'd think John would realize playing it safe in playoff games gets a team nothing except a trip home & no shiny jewelry to show for it. Elway won under Mike Shanahan. A bold coach not a timid one in Dan Reeves. 

I will respond to your email very soon too by the way. I promise.

You raise some valid points Barry. Namely that QB John Elway wanted the play in his hands in critical 3rd down situations & his concurring with Coach Fox's decision to go into overtime seems incredibly bizarre to me & counterproductive to everything Elway did as a HOF QB that wanted to win every game he played in. I understand the need to show no crack in the team uniformity front, but come on Elway would never take a knee & play it safe. The irony is that John Elway played for HC John Reeves who preferred playing it safe playing the law of averages...You'd think John would realize playing it safe in playoff games gets a team nothing except a trip home & no shiny jewelry to show for it. Elway won under Mike Shanahan. A bold coach not a timid one in Dan Reeves. 

It's a week after the fact, but the Broncos don't have a prayer of convincing many in the team's rabid fan base that having Peyton Manning take a knee late in the fourth quarter of a tied playoff game was the right move.

Count Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe, a former Broncos tight end, among those taken aback by the decision by coach John Fox in the Denver-Baltimore divisional-round game.

"I was very surprised," Sharpe said. "That's Peyton Manning. John Fox has never had a Manning. He's had only marginal quarterbacks. He may have to change his thinking."

The other thing is that I believe that front office personnel from GM to Executive President Of Football Operations, i.e. John Elway, needs to stay out of the way & let your coaches coach without interference...Unless a Championship is at stake. I'm not saying embarrass Fox publicly just take him aside privately away from the cameras & let him know sometimes a calculated risk is warranted & a necessary football procedure. Did Fox think his defensive could stop the Ravens & get the ball back? Was Peyton's arm strength a factor? I don't know...

You are 1 game away from the SB if you win that game...That's what resonates with me...Don't laydown...fight!

It's a week after the fact, but the Broncos don't have a prayer of convincing many in the team's rabid fan base that having Peyton Manning take a knee late in the fourth quarter of a tied playoff game was the right move.

Count Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe, a former Broncos tight end, among those taken aback by the decision by coach John Fox in the Denver-Baltimore divisional-round game.

"I was very surprised," Sharpe said. "That's Peyton Manning. John Fox has never had a Manning. He's had only marginal quarterbacks. He may have to change his thinking."

I always respected Shannon Sharpe & he's exactly right...You have arguably the best field general in football...Fox would be foolish not to utilize Peyton's amazing skill set. Preach Shannon Preach! :worthy:

Go for the assassin 1st down kill shot & end the game right there. Yes I know that a TD was needed to win the game, but you get the 1st down, instill team confidence, & then march down the field quickly & win a game you are expected to win. Fox's mistake not Manning's IMO.

take your timer, I am not going anywjere and need much rest and as that PM saaid I am to reboot over a good month atr least if I didnt note the time it will take , if that even works

Last week, on NFL Total Access, QB Kurt Warner mentioned that while watching the original Broncos/Ravens game he noticed that Manning seemed to be having an issue with arm strength & then he said he watched the coaches tape of that game & #18 was making all the throws he needed to make with similar velocity & touch on the ball Manning always had. Huh? What? Which is it? Either he needs to work more on his core & lower body to compensate for his fluctuating arm strength or he looks like the same old Peyton we all know, admire, & respect. 

I like Kurt Warner as an NFL analyst, but usually he doesn't do a complete flip flop like that. I wish I could find that video. Well, at least Yoda is getting away & taking some time off away from football. He needs to clear his head, regroup, & come back refreshed & renewed. 

Last week, on NFL Total Access, QB Kurt Warner mentioned that while watching the original Broncos/Ravens game he noticed that Manning seemed to be having an issue with arm strength & then he said he watched the coaches tape of that game & #18 was making all the throws he needed to make with similar velocity & touch on the ball Manning always had. Huh? What? Which is it? Either he needs to work more on his core & lower body to compensate for his fluctuating arm strength or he looks like the same old Peyton we all know, admire, & respect. 

I like Kurt Warner as an NFL analyst, but usually he doesn't do a complete flip flop like that. I wish I could find that video. Well, at least Yoda is getting away & taking some time off away from football. He needs to clear his head, regroup, & come back refreshed & renewed. 

maybe  the coaches tape has different angles and u see a different perspective than when live

Its afternoon but goodnight

The w

The pure West coast offesne is a SHORT PASSING offense..I think Manning would welcome any bit of it...

vs Balt...Stokley WAS open..Peyton just mad a bad throw.

If you've ever seen the long view...there was nobody behind Stokley for 25-30 yards..I think Reed was doubling Demariyus Thomas deep down the field....a good throw gets 20-30 yards and a field goal attempt..if he doesnt fumble

But Peyton just made a very bad throw.

The w

The pure West coast offesne is a SHORT PASSING offense..I think Manning would welcome any bit of it...

vs Balt...Stokley WAS open..Peyton just mad a bad throw.

If you've ever seen the long view...there was nobody behind Stokley for 25-30 yards..I think Reed was doubling Demariyus Thomas deep down the field....a good throw gets 20-30 yards and a field goal attempt..if he doesnt fumble

But Peyton just made a very bad throw.

I hope it works out some say his arm will tire  from many throws , that's worrisome if true, but I have no idea

But knapp has worked it well with many a QB, reaally would be old dog learning new tricks ( lol )

Yes stockley was quite free thats what i said by in my comment u quioted , that last part again is below from said comment

" anoither article with frame by frame analulysis    said yes it was a poor decision top throw that led to late IT as   cold & nerve numbness wouldn't allow it buit in season he did same throw and stockley scored, the analysis said stockley was only open receiver  DT & Decjker didnt bother to try and get free and work way back for peyton to throw too as stockley did changing his route and if Peyton could of thrown it stronger Stockley was clear for Yac, but he just couldnt "