Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peterson And Polamalu Sign Extensions

21isSuperman

come on rbs are not worth that much money. there only useful for 9 years unlike qbs and wrs who play and perform for up to 12-15

Peterson is one of the best players in the NFL. The second he stepped into the NFL, he has been one of the best. He is the face of the Vikings franchise. You wouldn't pay AP big money?

Peterson is one of the best players in the NFL. The second he stepped into the NFL, he has been one of the best. He is the face of the Vikings franchise. You wouldn't pay AP big money?

qbs and wrs can still preform into their 30's but as soon as a rb reaches 30 its all downhill so no i would not play ad that much money, but the money they paid him isnt my biggest issue its the length. i believe peterson is 25 which means he'll be a viking most likely til hes 33 which i think is ridiculous. 4-5 year deal at most. you never sign a rb pass 30. all that talent, speed, and power will be a thing of the past.

qbs and wrs can still preform into their 30's but as soon as a rb reaches 30 its all downhill so no i would not play ad that much money, but the money they paid him isnt my biggest issue its the length. i believe peterson is 25 which means he'll be a viking most likely til hes 33 which i think is ridiculous. 4-5 year deal at most. you never sign a rb pass 30. all that talent, speed, and power will be a thing of the past.

True, but you don't want to offer him a short term contract and have the face of your franchise upset right before the season starts. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a front-loaded deal...not sure how the deal works or how that fits in with the CBA, just a guess