Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Perspective...

coltsgoodin

Hey everyone, hope all you Colts fans are doing really good in all aspects of your life...I want to start off by saying how happy I am with the Colts so far this season and I can't help to think what's in store for our wonderful Colts for the rest of the season. After hearing about the news today I couldn't help to think of the time my son was 10 months old and we were holding him in our arms after church one Sunday and he stopped breathing and started turning blue. Long story short, we were in the hospital for more than 40 inconsecutive days. On October 11, 2005 Peyton Manning came walking into our son's hospital room for a little visit...Our son was much too young to realize who this was and didn't even look Peyton in the eyes because he thought it was another doctor to do another test....

Now, 7 years later, after numerous tests and everything under the sun you can think of in the medical field, our son has been diagnosed with Autism and it has been determined that he also has a chromosomal anomaly completely of his own. He may never be able to live an independent life of his own but there are some possible things on the horizon that we are very hopeful about. Today reminds me of everything we went through and how fast life goes by because at a blink of an eye everything flashes by and you don't realize the importance of each moment. I also want to say that during those roughest years of 2005 to 2007 the Colts always gave us something to look forward to every Sunday and I know it will be something Coach Pagano will look forward to (especially if our Colts are winning games that ALL the media are saying it will be cake-walk for whoever we're playing). I know nothing is more important in life than God or Family but things like a great organization such as the Colts organization always ranks up there very close in all of our hearts. The staff and players and everyone working a game from bottom to top on any given Sunday are people just like us so let's all rally together with this situation and make great things happen(this season)...GO COLTS!!

Edited by 21isSuperman

Thank you for your inspiring and heartfelt story. It is during these hard times when we realize that life really does come down to the people in it and nothing else. Football is entertainment. That is a perspective a lot of us need to keep moving forward. I wish you and yours the best.

Hey everyone, hope all you Colts fans are doing really good in all aspects of your life...I want to start off by saying how happy I am with the Colts so far this season and I can't help to think what's in store for our wonderful Colts for the rest of the season. After hearing about the news today I couldn't help to think of the time my son was 10 months old and we were holding him in our arms after church one Sunday and he stopped breathing and started turning blue. Long story short, we were in the hospital for more than 40 inconsecutive days. On October 11, 2005 Peyton Manning came walking into our son's hospital room for a little visit...Our son was much too young to realize who this was and didn't even look Peyton in the eyes because he thought it was another doctor to do another test....

Now, 7 years later, after numerous tests and everything under the sun you can think of in the medical field, our son has been diagnosed with Autism and it has been determined that he also has a chromosomal anomaly completely of his own. He may never be able to live an independent life of his own but there are some possible things on the horizon that we are very hopeful about. Today reminds me of everything we went through and how fast life goes by because at a blink of an eye everything flashes by and you don't realize the importance of each moment. I also want to say that during those roughest years of 2005 to 2007 the Colts always gave us something to look forward to every Sunday and I know it will be something Coach Pagano will look forward to (especially if our Colts are winning games that ALL the media are saying it will be cake-walk for whoever we're playing). I know nothing is more important in life than God or Family but things like a great organization such as the Colts organization always ranks up there very close in all of our hearts. The staff and players and everyone working a game from bottom to top on any given Sunday are people just like us so let's all rally together with this situation and make great things happen(this season)...GO COLTS!!

Wow.....this is truly inspirational your story makes me think about all these moments i let pass without appreciating them especially with my own kids. I send many good vibes your way, and cannot help but appreciate how strong you are to not only get through this but to share it with all of us Colts fans. We are a family.....we are Colts Nation.....Together we get through this all together!