Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fair Trade? (Fantasy)

MTC

I am in desperate need of a running back after Forte has a sprained ankle and is out for 2-3 weeks. So I offered a trade for Donald Brown who got a solid 10 points last week.

I offered Santonio Holmes for Donald Brown straight up. Was this a fair trade?

Hm...I would say that's a good deal. Stephen Hill seems to be the deep threat/TD guy in New York. You should try (perhaps you did) picking up Spiller unless someone drafted him

Yea, unfortunately Spiller is drafted already and there are zero solid running backs in the free agent market.

I always key in the trades into this and find out what it says, and yahoo provides tools to evaluate the trade as well.

http://www.kffl.com/...trade_analyzer/

If you punch your scenario in, it says Donald Brown is the most valuable player in this trade. I think you actually came out ahead in terms of volatility, IMO.

In one league, someone tried giving me Wes Welker and Cedric Benson for my Rob Gronkowski. I said no thanks. One has to understand that in trades, it has to be beneficial to both parties, not a dump of mediocre players to get an elite player. One should not think the other person is stupid to click yes. If one respects the other person and offers a fair trade, it will definitely be considered. :)

I always key in the trades into this and find out what it says, and yahoo provides tools to evaluate the trade as well.

If you punch your scenario in, it says Donald Brown is the most valuable player in this trade. I think you actually came out ahead in terms of volatility, IMO.

In one league, someone tried giving me Wes Welker and Cedric Benson for my Rob Gronkowski. I said no thanks. One has to understand that in trades, it has to be beneficial to both parties, not a dump of mediocre players to get an elite player. One should not think the other person is stupid to click yes. If one respects the other person and offers a fair trade, it will definitely be considered. :)

Nice link! I'll definitely be using that in the future

Rob Gronkowski is the most valuable player involved in this trade.

In a 12 team league, I imagine that a TE can be replaced without great difficulty.

Overall, I think Team 2 is giving the most in this deal but this appears to be a very fair trade.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...p#ixzz26c9oBDJw

I was not trying to rip you off. Welker is not mediocre, he just had an off day last week. Benson has a ton of potential, which is why you were not the only person to make an offer after Thursday's night game. Although, your offer of Gonzalez was the best one I received so far. I could have just rejected the offer like I did with the rest, but I saw an opportunity to get a player I actually wanted. You could have countered my offer as well. It's not as though I dont have other options outside of Welker in my starting line up.

Rob Gronkowski is the most valuable player involved in this trade.

In a 12 team league, I imagine that a TE can be replaced without great difficulty.

Overall, I think Team 2 is giving the most in this deal but this appears to be a very fair trade.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...p#ixzz26c9oBDJw

I was not trying to rip you off. Welker is not mediocre, he just had an off day last week. Benson has a ton of potential, which is why you were not the only person to make an offer after Thursday's night game. Although, your offer of Gonzalez was the best one I received so far. I could have just rejected the offer like I did with the rest, but I saw an opportunity to get a player I actually wanted. You could have countered my offer as well. It's not as though I dont have other options outside of Welker in my starting line up.

I know you were not trying to rip me off. I apologize if I sounded that way. :)

But then, with the NFC West run Ds being better than advertised and Gronk being a consistent end zone target, you can see why I declined it. One rarely trades away a top 2 round pick after week 2, especially if they are performing well. The difference from the KFFL evaluation that I disagree with is an elite TE like Graham or Gronk is like a second WR, and have to be evaluated as such. What KFFL says probably applies to most TEs, just not TEs like Gronk and Graham that see targets like a No.2 WR or some days like a No.1 WR. Tony Gonzalez might be getting up there too, it seems like.