Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Are You Thinking?

for all the credit giving to irsay for draft picks and running a successfull team how is it than you don't have a quality backup

quarterback.don't care how good manning is,you have to have a backup to step in in case of injury,he's not lasting forever.

there were at least 6 real good qbs coming out in this past draft and none selected. case in point patriots have brady and a solid backup in hoyer and what did they do select mallet in 3rd round,only fell to 3rd round due to character issues,easily could of been a 1st round pick.how do you not draft a qb with only manning on your team,poor decision making,maybe irsay should worry more about his team than changing rules every year.maybe his plan this year is to put manning on ir and draft luck next year with first pick.

pats 49-colts with painter at qb 0

for all the credit giving to irsay for draft picks and running a successfull team how is it than you don't have a quality backup

quarterback.don't care how good manning is,you have to have a backup to step in in case of injury,he's not lasting forever.

there were at least 6 real good qbs coming out in this past draft and none selected. case in point patriots have brady and a solid backup in hoyer and what did they do select mallet in 3rd round,only fell to 3rd round due to character issues,easily could of been a 1st round pick.how do you not draft a qb with only manning on your team,poor decision making,maybe irsay should worry more about his team than changing rules every year.maybe his plan this year is to put manning on ir and draft luck next year with first pick.

Do you have any clue how much money we just paid Manning? What kind of sense does this make to IR a guy after paying him enough to buy a small Island in the Pacific? Ya, lets do that.....

Alright, lets get something straight. You have no idea what your talking about. Peyton Manning broke his jaw on a play and missed 1 snap. He is not like your little pansy quarterback where if someone gets NEAR him he begs for a flag. Painter gets paid approximatly 480k a year. The average is around 1.6 to 2.4 million a year. I GUARANTEE if they thought Manning was not going to play they would sign a veteran. Stay off our boards cause you need to worry about your team. Do you really think they can win a super bowl with out stealing signals and spygate? haha Since the patriots got busted with the spygate they have been one and done every year beside when you went 18 AND ONE!!

I hope all this talk about Manning not playing is letting other teams guard down against us. I wish we picked up Ryan Mallet but he just doesn't have the attitude to play in the NFL. I personally love Drew Stanton, he works hard and he plays hard. I think we should trade a 2 or 3rd round draft pick for him. MAYBE if we are SUPER DUPER lucky we could trade Painter for him :P

Alright, lets get something straight. You have no idea what your talking about. Peyton Manning broke his jaw on a play and missed 1 snap. He is not like your little pansy quarterback where if someone gets NEAR him he begs for a flag. Painter gets paid approximatly 480k a year. The average is around 1.6 to 2.4 million a year. I GUARANTEE if they thought Manning was not going to play they would sign a veteran. Stay off our boards cause you need to worry about your team. Do you really think they can win a super bowl with out stealing signals and spygate? haha Since the patriots got busted with the spygate they have been one and done every year beside when you went 18 AND ONE!!

umm i do agree with ur spygate comments, but according to Irsays tweets, sometimes they actually mean something, he is looking for a Vet. So does that mean Manning is not going to play then? Just asking.

I hope all this talk about Manning not playing is letting other teams guard down against us. I wish we picked up Ryan Mallet but he just doesn't have the attitude to play in the NFL. I personally love Drew Stanton, he works hard and he plays hard. I think we should trade a 2 or 3rd round draft pick for him. MAYBE if we are SUPER DUPER lucky we could trade Painter for him :P

Yeah i said we should look at Drew Stanton in a different thread. He is solid and a hardworking dude.

umm i do agree with ur spygate comments, but according to Irsays tweets, sometimes they actually mean something, he is looking for a Vet. So does that mean Manning is not going to play then? Just asking.

well of course he is going to tell the media that he is not sure about Manning's health. The only thing that concerns me is per ESPN the Colts are looking into Pryor. I think that means something, but I hope I'm wrong. Without Manning we truly do not have a chance

Ive been watching him since 2008. He was a bit shaky at first but in the 2010 season he proved that he is a capable QB. We wont get Stanton tho... The Colts will start Painter if Peyton isn't on the field. But I am 80% sure that Peyton will play the first game for big blue. Painter is going to be released soon so don't fret.

Irsay is just being smart. Clearly neither Painter or Dan are the answer if Peyton cant be ready week 1. In my mind, any decent veteran QB who has had any amount of success in this league could lead the colts to 1 or 2 wins without manning. With these weapons, Id even be calling up Ryan Leaf. lol Just kidding

Thats a good question. Maybe he knew there was going to be a lock out and didnt want to do anything with out the teams doctors and such. But it came down to having to have the surgery anywasys and it was to late. Maybe at that point he was hoping the lockout would end soon enough to get in and work with the teams doctors sooner. I did hear were he was gettting frustrated the deal was taking so long because he was hoping to get into the teams Docs , or at least having the judges alow for them to use the facilities. This dayum lockout might have hurt the Colts more then any other team in the end. Just because of is neck problem.

Why didn't Peyton get the surgery RIGHT after the season In early February?

From what I've read he felt fine participating in his offseason workouts at first and then he began having neck pain. It gradually got worse and worse and they discovered a bulging disk in his neck. He didn't want to have surgery on it but it became clear surgery was necessary to get rid of the pain

That's not his plan. The off-season was obviously designed around surrounding Manning (and no one else) with the pieces necessary to give Manning his final contract, as well as the best chances to win more Super Bowls. Drafting a QB adds nothing to this team for those purposes.

The Patriots only drafted Mallett to show him off a few times so they could trade him for a high draft pick. That's what they do. Mark my words. Brady isn't retiring any time soon, so Mallett will never get to play unless he gets traded. Which he will.

Finally, we needed major-league help on the offensive line, and the defensive line. Would you really trade what we got with our first three picks (Castonzo, Ijalana, and Nevis) for one of the QB's? Really? The QB's in this draft were sub-par, and definitely not franchise material. Plus, as long as Peyton is the system, no other QB is going to succeed for this team. Period. Brady wouldn't succeed with this system. We also didn't anticipate, as the Draft took place, that Manning would be recovering for so long.

In other words, this is just a silly proposal.