Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I can't explain it either, but this forum has made the same observations when Frank was the HC too, about the nonusage of JT.  I don't think it means the coaches are dumb.  It means its either something about JT or modern coaches using analytics and tendencies in their decision making.   I'd have to say that the coaches must think that what was causing the 9YPC was taken away by GB.  The other side adjusts too.  People are assuming it would have kept going, so just leave JT in and we'll get 9 YPC in perpetuity, but coaches understand what other teams are doing real time.   I also think that coaches see RBs as interchangeable.  The entire NFL devalues them as being anything special, so maybe SS simply doesn't think there is much difference between JT and the others, especially if GB made a critical adjustment to alignments or similar things to take something away that they were giving up for 3Qs..
    • Agree Taylor was the best thing we had going.  And we know he can break a long run at any moment.  Teams have to account for him every time he’s in.  He’s even gotten a lot better in receiving.  So instead of Taylor you are hoping AR can get the job done.  He has a hard time hitting the broad side of a barn on the short to intermediate routes.  We weren’t down two or three scores and had to abandon the run.  It was a close game.  Sitting him was crazy.  This is where gambling makes me nervous.  The league has welcomed it and it’s everywhere.  We don’t know these players or coaches at all.  Who they are or who their friends are.  We only see them on tv.  They all look like upstanding individuals until they aren’t.  Sports is really crazy now.  Nothing would surprise me anymore.  When I hear our coach try to explain his rationale on Taylor it makes no sense.  No sense at all.
    • I wonder if they go 2-6 or worse they’ll bench him. Seems like his coach is starting to lose patience with him. Cost them 2 games.
    • Shane can’t be dumb enough to not realize if Taylor is on the field playing like that it opens up the pass game.
    • What are you talking, Chloe-theory?    JT was running nicely for 3Qs and we only had 3 points.....lots a good that did us.  I didn't see the passing game lighting anybody up with JT in the game.
  • Members

• richard pallo

richard pallo 9,403

• CheezyColt

CheezyColt 910

• BeanDiasucci

BeanDiasucci 840

• IndyEV

IndyEV 158

• JediXMan

JediXMan 4,958

• smittywerb