Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More On Moore < Jets And Colt Secrets, An Update - Indy Star

bayone

QUESTION: I couldn’t help but notice Tom Moore is a consultant for the Jets now. I’m worried not because of him knowing the Colts offense, but because of knowing Peyton’s weaknesses better than anyone else. I think you will agree the Jets didn’t hire him just to help with offense. They wanted to get as much info on Manning as they could. Do you think he would give that kind of info up?

– from Shawn, Kansas City, Miss.

ANSWER: Whatever the Jets might want to know about Peyton Manning, I’m pretty sure Moore will share with them. Now, he’s one of their employees. It does appear to be a nice double win for the Jets. Not only can Moore provide suggestions on how to improve New York’s offense, including quarterback Mark Sanchez, he can help with game-planning if the Colts and Jets meet in the playoffs. It’s not good news for Colts fans, but the Colts had every opportunity to retain Moore’s services. For whatever reason, they decided to move in another direction. The fact Moore is working with the Jets is proof he wasn’t ready to retire.

INDY STAR

My link

Moderator pplease delete 11 of the double psots, g finger spasmed and hit post twice , sorry

Looks like you had a few more! :)

I must say, I think the only thing Moore might be able to give them is injury information, that may not be public. As far as weakness? Manning has been in the league long enough, that with enough games to review, I am sure most of the weaknesses are known. He has lost, he has gotten beat barely, destroyed or just out played at times. As most defenders tell you, we know what they are doing most of the time, it is, can you stop him.

So where I think Moore could do wonders wtih Sanchez and their offense, what they will get from him about Manning probably isn't that much. And lets face it, Rex beat Manning last year, only because of injuries. And really he beat our special teams because Manning did his job. If Manning would of had Clark or Collie, they would have won the game. He sat back and let Manning come to him and hardly blitzed, well, the game was still close and barely won. But I do like how Manning get's Rex all mad! :) Poor guy.