Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Mcelroy; Looked Good Against The Texans; Colts Should Have Drafted Him

Andy

Oh, so you think that excuses him from his bonehead play?

It's one good preseason game for a player that'd be useless on the Colts. Get over it, he's not that good.

Yes it does excuse him. He made a perfect pass, and the receiver had the ball in his hands and was 2 yards away from the endzone, and he dropped the ball. If he caught it, the Jets would have won. Rex was ticked off at the receiver who dropped the ball, but praised McElroy after the game.

I agree it's only one game, but he wouldn't be useless on the Colts. Painter is useless, Orlovsky is useless, both of those players can't win. We'll wait and see, but I think they have a steal in McElroy.

You clearly didn't see the game, did you? He threw a perfect pass a the end which was DROPPED, and that catch would have won the game. He played a great game, and that play wouldn't happened if the dumb receiver would have just caught the ball. Look at his stats next time...

IDK if you saw the game. He had that play and then in the first half he threw a terrible INT(was a really bad pass), but it got taken back because of a few flags on the Texans that had nothing to do with the INT itself. He wasn't very impressive.

IDK if you saw the game. He had that play and then in the first half he threw a terrible INT(was a really bad pass), but it got taken back because of a few flags on the Texans that had nothing to do with the INT itself. He wasn't very impressive.

I did watch the game. Did he not throw a pass with 20 seconds to an open receiver who if he caught the ball, he would have scored a Td and win the game. Yes he threw a bad pass, but he played a great game, he threw 1 td, and would of had another. He did screw up the last play, but it was dead since the beginning.

I do know what I'm talking about. McElroy is a great backup with a tone of potential. He is better than Painter, and Orlovsky, not to mention that he's cheaper than both of those guys, b/c of the rookie contract. All we had to give up was that 6th round pick which went to Rucker, who will have only 2 snaps and not make a difference on our team. Do some research before writing what you said.

naw you really dont.....mcelroy was part of college team who had a great defense and great running game....he was no x factor to that alabama team....andy dalton is better than mcelroy

naw you really dont.....mcelroy was part of college team who had a great defense and great running game....he was no x factor to that alabama team....andy dalton is better than mcelroy

Thanks brightlights, I think I realize that Andy Dalton is better than McElroy. Hmmm, really he meant nothing to the team... that's why he went to the College HOF, that's why he only threw a combined 9 interceptions in his junior and senior year, to a combined 37 touchdowns. I don't watch too much college, but I did keep a close eye on Alabama and McElroy especially, and he really impressed. Him going in the 7th round is a steal. Either way, I'm a Colts writer, and an even bigger Colts fan, meaning I'm an NFL fan, so maybe I'll be wrong about this guy, because he's only been in one game, but an impressive one. We'll have to wait and see his progression.

Thanks brightlights, I think I realize that Andy Dalton is better than McElroy. Hmmm, really he meant nothing to the team... that's why he went to the College HOF, that's why he only threw a combined 9 interceptions in his junior and senior year, to a combined 37 touchdowns. I don't watch too much college, but I did keep a close eye on Alabama and McElroy especially, and he really impressed. Him going in the 7th round is a steal. Either way, I'm a Colts writer, and an even bigger Colts fan, meaning I'm an NFL fan, so maybe I'll be wrong about this guy, because he's only been in one game, but an impressive one. We'll have to wait and see his progression.

ok you need to realize mcelroy isnt that good and him being in the college hall of fame doesnt define how good he is....there are bums in the hall of fame also so that doesnt mean much.....bottom line he's with the jets for insurance purpose they have like 7 qb's on their roster who's to say he will be a good nfl qb? very few thinks that

ok you need to realize mcelroy isnt that good and him being in the college hall of fame doesnt define how good he is....there are bums in the hall of fame also so that doesnt mean much.....bottom line he's with the jets for insurance purpose they have like 7 qb's on their roster who's to say he will be a good nfl qb? very few thinks that

I understand and respect your argument, but you never know how guys end up in the NFL. This is what I've been studying very closely for the past 10 years, how college players transition into the NFL. I've made a bunch of right decisions and some bad ones. What I tend to do is watch some individuals on a certain team and see how they perform, and make my prediction. What I've seen is good from McElroy in college. Same with Ingram, Ingram is going to be great in the NFL, but that's another story. Bottomline is, sure maybe I was a fast to come to my conclusion to he's a good NFL player after only one game, but you can't say he's going to be bad. Look at Tom Brady, 6th rounder, who's one of the best QBs of all time. A lot of late rounders end up being great. The Hall of Fame means quite a bit, and there are some bums in the NFL Hall of Fame, and it shouldn't take away from the ones who deserve to be there. Anyways, do you understand what I'm saying, don't rush to your decision quite yet.

Think about it this way if he was as good as you are making him out to be coming out of college don't you think someone would drafted him before round 7? I know there is Tom Brady but at QB for every Tom Brady there are like 1,000,000,000 Curtis Painters. The odds are McElroy is going to be more like Curtis Painter which is why he was drafted where he was.