Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As a owner would you hire Polian as gm based on the Indy era?

bluephantom87

Would I hire a 6 time Executive of the Year to run my franchise. H!@# yeah. I read one comment that his small, fast player philosophy doesn't work in the NFL. That was not his philosophy that was the coaches philosophy. Look at how he drafted/fa with the Bills, Panthers and Colts with Mora. 300+ DTs 290+ DEs, Washington was considered big for a LB, Morris was considered Protypical size, same with Peterson for an OLB.

He did not start finding the small and fast players until Dungy became the coach... not because that was the type of player Polian wanted it's because that is the type of player Dungy wanted. When Dungy left and Caldwell took over the Colts tried drafting/signing bigger guys, especially up front on both lines.

Also I don't remember which poster did it but listed some players that were disappointments because their play did not match their draft status. One he mentioned Steve McKinney who was the Colts starting guard for 4 years before he went to Houston as part of their suplmental draft. And that person also mentioned Brandon Burlsworth. I'm sorry I may be banned or a warning for this but what kind of * would fault Polian for Brandon Burlsworth? The guy gets drafted by the Colts, then at home before training camp starts he dies in a car accident on his way to a church meeting. Yeah, how dare Polian draft a guy, couldn't he see that coming. Or how about Polian is a bad GM look at the money he gave Fred Lane as a free agent and he never produced anything for that money.

That is the difference between knowing what the heck you are talking about and looking stuff up on the internet and drawing conclusions based on what you looked up.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic