Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not the reason we lost, just a question

jvan1973

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

His heel was coming down as the same motion as getting his foot down.  That’s why.  When receivers tap their toes they keep their heels up until their foot moves again making it another step.

I guess. And I guess that make sense. Still don’t like it or agree lol

On 9/9/2024 at 3:09 PM, Old Man and the COLTS said:

This is a math class now lol

almost interception on the sideline Stroud tossed it up we came down with it Our CB(can’t remember which one) had his back to sideline so his right foot was in and the front of his left foot was in, however the heal came down out of bounds Since he was in this position and even though the the left front of his foot came down in bounds it was not enough No INT

note Went to some officials site and it seems that John Madden is credited with  the saying 1 knee= 2 feet Heck there is even memorabilia 

That was the title of one of Madden's books. I probably still have it stashed on a top shelf in a closet somewhere around here.

If I can find it I will post what he said about that rule.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yes, but lets get some generalizations out of the way.  Somewhere on this board, I laid out the 4Q play calls.    JT was on the first drive of the 4Q, and contributed a lot.  This was the drive that ended with that stupid option play to Sermon and then a missed 50 yard makeable FG by Gay.  If you want to ask why was Sermon in there and not JT....maybe riotation?  maybe JT was winded after the 29 yard run and the ensuing 1 yard stuff?  IDK, but we can all agree that the play call there was dumb and the fact that it went to Sermon...on an outside run.... is really not the issue.   GB drained 3.5 minutes of clock and scored a FG   AR throws a first down 30 yard pass, then another pass on first down, incomplete, then the pick across the middle on 2nd and 10.  3 passes.  1 great, one pick.  Are we going to be concerned where JT is on this series?   GB drains 6 minutes off the 4Q clock and scores a FG.   So the generalizations of "JT not being on the field in the 4Q" is really about him not being on the field with about 4 minutes left down by 13 points, or 2 TDs.  So if we are going to criticize Shane, lets at least understand the game situation first.   So why do Colts coaches take JT off of the field in obvious passing situations (last regime kinda did the same thing)?  IDK.  I don't think its because they want to give the backup some PT rotation, despite what he said.  It seems more like there is something they don't like about JT in those situations, but don't really want to say it publicly.   I'm with you, and everybody.  I'd just as soon have JT on the field than our bad backups, but I'm not going to pretend that that  coaching decision cost us a significant chance at winning the game.
    • That was good. Sam did it too to give us a 9 point lead with 3 minutes left. It was a thing of beauty.
    • Jayden Daniels isn’t getting much attention, but he’s been secretly pretty good his first two career games.    Sunday he focused more on pocket passing and was really efficient and accurate. I think Washington might have a good one. 
    • So you got them either missing a XP or going for 2? The Bears have a awful OL but I doubt we blitz much.
    • Look how good colts have been on 1st down.  
  • Members

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1

Rookie
    • Franklin County

Franklin County 131

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,895

• Solid84

Solid84 7,435

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,891