Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis to host WWE Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania/SummerSlam

Massive deal. Billions of dollars to the local economies inbound from each of these events. The Rumble is my favorite night of the year, so I’m most excited for that one. There’s nothing better than a well done Rumble. 

I’ve said since the day it opened that I don’t know why WWE hasn’t run WM at the stadium. Coming in the north entrance and seeing the ring down below and a full house across the way is going to be a killer camera shot. 

Hopefully they open the roof for SummerSlam. 

On 6/24/2024 at 7:01 PM, John Waylon said:

Massive deal. Billions of dollars to the local economies inbound from each of these events. The Rumble is my favorite night of the year, so I’m most excited for that one. There’s nothing better than a well done Rumble. 

I’ve said since the day it opened that I don’t know why WWE hasn’t run WM at the stadium. Coming in the north entrance and seeing the ring down below and a full house across the way is going to be a killer camera shot. 

Hopefully they open the roof for SummerSlam. 

Are you sure.   While they will draw many from outside Indy, "billions" for each event seems like a high guess.  

To me , not a fan of wrestling, this makes Indy seem a bit more "white trash" like.  

On 7/1/2024 at 11:50 AM, Myles said:

Are you sure.   While they will draw many from outside Indy, "billions" for each event seems like a high guess.  

To me , not a fan of wrestling, this makes Indy seem a bit more "white trash" like.  

I thought the same thing. Millions is probably the correct amount. Wrestling is not my thing but I know plenty of people that do love it. While I understand the “white trash” association for good reasons, plenty of people you wouldn’t expect enjoy the entertainment of it. I even have a friend that played drums in a band heavily played at WWE events. It seems to be either you live it or hate it. I think it’s dumb as can be but I do recognize how people would enjoy it. 

On a related topic, I didn’t realize there is a market for wrestling belts. A buddy of mine would buy, sell and trade different belts. They have different levels of quality and you can even get one exactly like the wrestlers have from the same maker. Cost thousands and there is a waiting list but it can be done. Kind of neat but funny too. I watched his wife snap out once when she found out he spent $250 on a wrestling belt. She chilled out when he later sold it for $500 after cleaning it up and giving it a polish.