Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs 6 Brewers 5. Big win. Cubs have had a lot of injuries early. Steele has been out since opening day with a Hamstring and Bellinger for a week now with a fractured Rib. Those 2 players are arguably our best 2 players (Steele is our ACE Pitcher), and we still are only 1 game out of 1st in the NL Central.

1. Brewers 20-12

2. Cubs 20-14 (1 game back)

-Rubber match tomorrow, with a win over the Brewers tomorrow we will be tied for 1st place. Not sure what is going on with Adbert, he is struggling badly as well, despite it all, we are still 20-14. Wisdom had a titanic Homerun today, Hoerner had 2 Homeruns today, and Morel is on fire. The thing I love about this Cubs team is, they have a lot of depth. Neris has been good as a closer so far thankfully. 

Hoerner only hit 1 Homerun today, not 2. Morel had 1 again like on Friday.

Justin Steele is listed as probable for Monday. Great news.

Cubs 5-0 win over the Brewers! Cubs now move into a tie for 1st place in the NL Central Division with the Brewers. No Steele since opening day, no Bellinger for a week now, no problem to start the season. 

As of May 5th

1. Brewers 20-13 (60.6%)

1. Cubs 21-14 (60%)

Justin Steele gets the start tomorrow vs the Padres from Wrigley Field. Once again, the Cubs take 2 out of 3 from the Brewers and we show them who is boss, goodbye from the 2016 World Champion Cubs radio network, 

Reds getting their * handed. About to go 2-8 last 10 games… looks like the Reds and Pirates will be battling for the bottom of the division… 

Again… 

Damn this is getting old. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Reds getting their * handed. About to go 2-8 last 10 games… looks like the Reds and Pirates will be battling for the bottom of the division… 

Again… 

Damn this is getting old. 

Reds are currently in 3rd at 16-17 and its early. I would not panic yet.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds are currently in 3rd at 16-17 and its early. I would not panic yet.

Its time to panic.

The schedule is as follows:

Diamondbacks

Giants

Diamondbacks

Dodgers

Padres

Dodgers

We historically have absolutely sucked against all of those teams. 

I think the Reds will be lucky to get 3 wins over the next 3-4 weeks. 

Cubs on the other hand looking like kings. But they’re also owned by someone who actually cares. 

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Its time to panic.

The schedule is as follows:

Diamondbacks

Giants

Diamondbacks

Dodgers

Padres

Dodgers

We historically have absolutely sucked against all of those teams. 

I think the Reds will be lucky to get 3 wins over the next 3-4 weeks. 

Cubs on the other hand looking like kings. But they’re also owned by someone who actually cares. 

The way the Cubs have rebuilt their team amazes me after winning in 2016 because after we busted up our Championship team in 2021, I thought here comes suck city for the next 10 years. Bellinger and Steele have even been out, and the Cubs still keep winning. Cubs have been great franchise since their FO changed in 2015. 

• Like 1

Reds lose 11-1 and are now hitting a MLB low .210… that’s right. The Reds are hitting worse than the White Sox. 

Absolute garbage. And worse of all, the players look like they don’t care. Something has gone terribly wrong in the dugout the last few weeks. 

25 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Reds lose 11-1 and are now hitting a MLB low .210… that’s right. The Reds are hitting worse than the White Sox. 

Absolute garbage. And worse of all, the players look like they don’t care. Something has gone terribly wrong in the dugout the last few weeks. 

Maybe it is the manager? I thought the team liked him.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe it is the manager? I thought the team liked him.

Maybe. Something has definitely changed. 

I see Bellinger is returning this week. Be nice to see the Cubs dethrone the stupid Brewers this year. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Maybe. Something has definitely changed. 

I see Bellinger is returning this week. Be nice to see the Cubs dethrone the stupid Brewers this year. 

Reds will be fine :thmup:, regarding the Brewers we got this The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO). Brewers are frauds, 0 Championships in their 54-year history. Pacers would have a Championship if it weren't for Jordan and Phil, then Kobe and Shaq and Phil. Brewers have lost to teams that they could have beat but choked. 

Heading into May 8th, here are the NL Central Standings:

1. Brewers 21-14 - .600%

2. Cubs 22-15 - .595% = (tied for 1st, %points behind)

3. Pirates 17-20 - .459% (5 back)

4. Reds 16-19 - .457 (5 back)

5. Cards 15-21 (6.5 back)

Cubs beat the Padres yesterday 3-2 with Busch's' walk off Homerun. Bellinger is back as well. He had a Belli Bomb (Belly Bomb homer simpson 3d GIF by Miriam Ganser ) and went 3-4. 

Reds are now into a 6 game losing streak... Outscored 34-10 during this timespan. As of right now, they are officially the worst performing team in baseball. 

Something has to give... Can't even have a fire sale right now because none of the players are good enough to trade off... 

Make that losing 8 games in a row now. 6 years of David Bell. Another season under .500 and no chance of playoffs. Why is David Bell allowed to be manager? 

11 losses in 13 games. Nearly everyone is hitting below .200. Pitching has suddenly collapsed, can’t hit anything to save their lives. That’s NOT playoff caliber. Just another year of Reds baseball. #SellTheTeamBob

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Make that losing 8 games in a row now. 6 years of David Bell. Another season under .500 and no chance of playoffs. Why is David Bell allowed to be manager? 

11 losses in 13 games. Nearly everyone is hitting below .200. Pitching has suddenly collapsed, can’t hit anything to save their lives. That’s NOT playoff caliber. Just another year of Reds baseball. #SellTheTeamBob

This really surprises me because I thought after last season the Reds would take a step forward and have a better record. It is early but they do look bad. Cubs have the night off tonight, Brewers play Cards tonight, I am actually rooting for the Cards lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This really surprises me because I thought after last season the Reds would take a step forward and have a better record. It is early but they do look bad. Cubs have the night off tonight, Brewers play Cards tonight, I am actually rooting for the Cards lol.

Same. Thought we’d at least be competitive. The season started out so well, not sure what happened… Yes, can’t believe we’re saying it but Go Cards!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Same. Thought we’d at least be competitive. The season started out so well, not sure what happened… Yes, can’t believe we’re saying it but Go Cards!

NL Central Standings heading into today (May 10th)

1. Brewers 22-15

2. Cubs 22-16 (.5 back)

3. Pirates 17-21

4. Reds 16-21

5. Cards 15-22

Every time the Brewers win, Cubs win, every time the Brewers lose, Cubs lose. Cubs are looking for a true closer. Adbert has blown 3 saves this season otherwise the Cubs would be at least 2 games ahead of the Brewers. Neris is good, but the Cubs need more help. Brewers are pesky Pee Ants that won't go away chuckling homer simpson GIF.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Not sure what is going with the Reds. I had them pegged at 86 wins this year. It is only May but right now they look bad.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what is going with the Reds. I had them pegged at 86 wins this year. It is only May but right now they look bad.

Very bad. And they still have to face off against the Dodgers twice and Padres over the next two weeks before finally playing St. Louis. For Cincy, June can’t get here fast enough. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NL Central Standings heading into today (May 10th)

1. Brewers 22-15

2. Cubs 22-16 (.5 back)

3. Pirates 17-21

4. Reds 16-21

5. Cards 15-22

Every time the Brewers win, Cubs win, every time the Brewers lose, Cubs lose. Cubs are looking for a true closer. Adbert has blown 3 saves this season otherwise the Cubs would be at least 2 games ahead of the Brewers. Neris is good, but the Cubs need more help. Brewers are pesky Pee Ants that won't go away chuckling homer simpson GIF.

Cubs beat the Pirates tonight but the Brewers won as well, what else is new lol. Cubs are now 23-16, Brewers are 23-15.

Yesterday David Bell pulled all of the starters and forced them to rest. De La Cruz was not happy with that decision. We have now lost 6 straight series, and have went 4-14 against west opponents. Up next? 7 games against the top of the league Dodgers and 3 games against the Padres.

And yet somehow despite all this suckage, we’re only 3 games out of the wildcard. The NL is definitely having a down year this year.

51 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yesterday David Bell pulled all of the starters and forced them to rest. De La Cruz was not happy with that decision. We have now lost 6 straight series, and have went 4-14 against west opponents. Up next? 7 games against the top of the league Dodgers and 3 games against the Padres.

And yet somehow despite all this suckage, we’re only 3 games out of the wildcard. The NL is definitely having a down year this year.

Reds have had a brutal schedule. I was glad to see the Cubs get 1 from the Braves last night.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds have had a brutal schedule. I was glad to see the Cubs get 1 from the Braves last night.

I can’t believe how the Brewers keep doing this. Of the last 5 years they have basically the best regular season record in the MLB, yet they have historically one of the worst playoff records of all time. They’re like the Chargers…

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I can’t believe how the Brewers keep doing this. Of the last 5 years they have basically the best regular season record in the MLB, yet they have historically one of the worst playoff records of all time. They’re like the Chargers…

I did think the Brewers would not be as good this year. Losing their manager to us and they lost a few other players as well is why. They still keep winning somehow. They are the Pee Ants that won't go away lmao .

• Like 1

Cubs win 1-0 over the Pirates today. They move within 1.5 back of the Brewers in the NL Central. Brewers play later tonight. Cubs are now 26-21 on the season, while the Brewers are 26-18 with 3 less losses. 

The Japanese Pitcher the Cubs have (Imanaga), was amazing today! Akira Kurosawa Japan GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Brewers 28-21

Cubs 27-23

Cardinals 23-26

Pirates 23-27

Reds 20-29

The Reds have only been rebuilding since 1996... And here I am with my ungrateful self for wanting more from the team...

The Cincinnati Reds... have the longest playoff win (12 years) and advancement drought in ALL major sports... going on 3 decades... THIRTY YEARS... since they last advanced and won a playoff series. 

Who cursed this team and what do I have to do to unbreak it?!?!?!

24 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Brewers 28-21

Cubs 27-23

Cardinals 23-26

Pirates 23-27

Reds 20-29

The Reds have only been rebuilding since 1996... And here I am with my ungrateful self for wanting more from the team...

The Cincinnati Reds... have the longest playoff win (12 years) and advancement drought in ALL major sports... going on 3 decades... THIRTY YEARS... since they last advanced and won a playoff series. 

Who cursed this team and what do I have to do to unbreak it?!?!?!

Basically, every team has played right at 50 games, if not 50 - pretty good sample size. My assessment of each team in the NL Central:

It is strange at how bad the Reds are playing because after last season I seen a team on the rise. Cubs are pretty much where I thought they would be, in control of a Wild Card spot early and close to being in 1st place. Cards have struggled more than I thought they would, but they are playing better now - as expected after 40 games or so goes by. I expected the Pirates in the Cellar, at 23-27 they are still a below average team by my eye test. Brewers being in 1st doesn't surprise me but having said that I still think the Cubs will end up winning the division. Cubs are only 1.5 games out of 1st place.

• Like 1

Cubs have lost 5 in a row and are now 27-27. Still 2nd in the NL Central but struggling. So far, I give Craig Counsell a D as far as managing. No way with the talent this year's Cubs team has they should be 27-27. We could have kept David Ross if we wanted this, he would be 27-27 at worse lol.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs have lost 5 in a row and are now 27-27. Still 2nd in the NL Central but struggling. So far, I give Craig Counsell a D as far as managing. No way with the talent this year's Cubs team has they should be 27-27. We could have kept David Ross if we wanted this, he would be 27-27 at worse lol.

A lot of good teams are slumping at the moment, while the bad teams are on winning streaks. It'll even itself out again in June. I can't see the Reds taking more than 1 game against Chicago this weekend. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

A lot of good teams are slumping at the moment, while the bad teams are on winning streaks. It'll even itself out again in June. I can't see the Reds taking more than 1 game against Chicago this weekend. 

I don't know because here lately Counsell is managing like Ross was last season. He is taking Pitchers out when he shouldn't and then putting the wrong BullPen Pitchers in. I haven't doubted the Cubs all year but losing 5 in a row, twice to the Cards and yesterday to the Brewers isn't pretty.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know because here lately Counsell is managing like Ross was last season. He is taking Pitchers out when he shouldn't and then putting the wrong BullPen Pitchers in. I haven't doubted the Cubs all year but losing 5 in a row, twice to the Cards and yesterday to the Brewers isn't pretty.

I hear you on that. Bell usually pulls the same stuff with the Reds. I wouldn't worry too much yet for the Cubs. Everyone in the Central Division just sucks against Milwaukee. 

Reds are on a 4 game winning streak, and yet they're still dead last in the division. I knew that West Coast bout all of May would kill the win loss column... 

• Like 1

I read where the Cubs had a team meeting this morning, whatever was said paid off. Brown pitched 7 Innings of no-hit ball and the Cubs took out the Brewers in Milwaukee 6-3 in 10. Huge much needed win to end that losing streak. Cubs get back within 3.5 games of the Brewers in the NL Central (stay in 2nd place) as well and now improve to 28-27. 

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Through May 28th, the NL Central standings look like this:

1. Brewers 31-23

2. Cubs 28-27 (3.5)

3. Cards 26-27 (4.5)

4. Pirates 25-29 (6)

5. Reds 24-31 (7.5)

@Myles, I see the Cards are playing much better. The Cubs did everyone a favor tonight and beat the Brewers.

They beat the Reds again today.